Daily 365 Photos 2013.

and thats what counts :D ... right off to do my POTD or it wont get done at all .... back soon. Put the movie on AND clear your computer ..... hubby happy and you happy as well :D

Hope you're having fun haha!

He's watching Operation Repo and I still haven't started clearing the laptop.... oops.

well thats the POTD done - one clock face - pretty boring really but it had to be done :LOL:

It had to be done carol it was very apt!!

Happy New year!! X

Happy New Year Trace :D x

Happy new year guys!

365+post+banner.png

8332112291_535d0cf9aa_z.jpg

Blog. Flickr. Facebook.

Thanks guys :) Forgot I had my ISO bumped up from last night... bummer.

Great shot and great start Toni :) Looking forward to some more :D

Thanks Carol!

Already thinking about tomorrows... and the day after... and the day after. Hah! :bonk:

Thanks Carol!

Already thinking about tomorrows... and the day after... and the day after. Hah! :bonk:

hahaha wait till you start thinking ' hmmm what can I do next week???' Now that is when you know you are well and truly hooked!!! :LOL:

Thanks Sam! Do you have a thread going?

Ahh Carol... if I'm still here next week, I will be happy enough lmao!!

I think I'm upgrading to the 5D in February.. with the 50mm 1.4... my 50mm 1.8 is my favourite lens (and the only "real" lens I currently have - I also have a lensbaby muse - but I've had a 17-55mm 2.8 for the past 2 weeks) so I think the 1.4 is a good place to start with the 5D. My 1.8 is getting useless and I'm lucky if it focuses anymore.

You will be :) doors are locked once you get in here :D

Thank you everyone! I'm glad you like :D

I've started the challenge, but not set up a thread! :LOL:

What are you waiting for? :nono: :LOL:

Well...

365+post+banner.png
8337618167_d709a14d1b_z.jpg

As the blog says... I'm not 100% happy. Not even close. I knew in my head what I wanted and this isn't it so a re-take will definitely be on the cards. However, we're both suffering with pretty bad hangovers and I literally dragged my husband out of bed for this shot and he crawled right back into bed immediately after. We also lost light literally right after this, too.

It is, however, my first time using back button focusing with a moving object along with AI Servo... I'm impressed!

Next time, I'll get it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foreverisnever/8337618167/sizes/z/in/photostream/
http://www.tonidarlingphotos.com/2013/01/project-365_2.html

Awk, thanks guys! Hopefully my next attempt will be more what I had in mind but it's not a terrible try :D

I like the shot as it is, but understand how you feel when you have an image in your head and it's just not quite right! :)

What were you hoping for?

Thanks Sam :) I'd bring the horizon down so he was *visibly* jumping.. so his feet were above the horizon line. The way it turned out, it almost looks like I cut and paste him into the photo!

Thanks Sam :) I'd bring the horizon down so he was *visibly* jumping.. so his feet were above the horizon line. The way it turned out, it almost looks like I cut and paste him into the photo!

I thought it was probably something along those lines, but then got worried that you wanted him to look like he'd hung himself or something (which did seem a bit macabre!) so thought it better to just ask.

Maybe legs apart a little more would give an impression of jumping even if you don't get his feet above the horizon? Or one kind of out to one side? Harder to do with a hangover though!

Mind you, as I said before, I like it and it's not a bad photo at all :)

I thought it was probably something along those lines, but then got worried that you wanted him to look like he'd hung himself or something (which did seem a bit macabre!) so thought it better to just ask.

Maybe legs apart a little more would give an impression of jumping even if you don't get his feet above the horizon? Or one kind of out to one side? Harder to do with a hangover though!

Mind you, as I said before, I like it and it's not a bad photo at all :)

Thank you!

And I hadn't noticed that view (bold) on it until you said it... and it does look like that too! Which would be a "nice" contrast to day 1's photo!

I was just archiving today's 365 photo and came back to this RAW file and opened it again. I discarded it immediately after uploading from my card because of the background. When I actually took the shot, I looked at the view finder and just said "No. Background." And my husband knew that the shot was not the one; the background was awful.

But now? I'm wondering if I like this one more than the one I used!

Project 365 Day 02 Outtake. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr

that's the wonderful thing about out type of challenge I think that most people start them with a view to trying/learning new things and to get better, so if that means that occasionally we don't get what we want out of a photo it's a case of well what would I change and then do it better next time (y) I know that in my case there are lot's of duffers that I'm really not happy with in my threads (y)

Matt

good to try something different..:) the seperation in the second shot makes it for me :)

You can actually 'get' it more in the second one - but I know what you mean by having an idea for a shot in your head and trying to work out how to achieve it. Its fun and learning process trying!

Great shots Toni :) like the 2nd one more than the 1st though - think it is as others have already said - you get the idea of what you aimed for more in the the 2nd :) Great starts though :D

that's the wonderful thing about out type of challenge I think that most people start them with a view to trying/learning new things and to get better, so if that means that occasionally we don't get what we want out of a photo it's a case of well what would I change and then do it better next time (y) I know that in my case there are lot's of duffers that I'm really not happy with in my threads (y)

Matt

Exactly :) Although I plan on making a 365 photobook at the end of it so when I realise I prefer one of the outtakes, I give myself a great big kick :bonk: :LOL:

good to try something different..:) the seperation in the second shot makes it for me :)

You can actually 'get' it more in the second one - but I know what you mean by having an idea for a shot in your head and trying to work out how to achieve it. Its fun and learning process trying!

Great shots Toni :) like the 2nd one more than the 1st though - think it is as others have already said - you get the idea of what you aimed for more in the the 2nd :) Great starts though :D

Thanks guys! That's how I feel too. That you just "get it" more with the second. There's more separation. Still not what I was going for but closer!

----------------------

365+post+banner.png

I'm happy with today's shot. It came out how I wanted it and the post processing was exactly how I imagined it in my head. Whether you will take from the photo what I do is a different story altogether... and that's one of the things I love most about this hobby.

Oh lord, no! It's my mum! I'd have much preferred the image to be a stranger but I don't have the confidence for that yet... maybe if I worked with a different lens it would be easier.. I could be inconspicuous then haha. This is 50mm on a cropped sensor. Although taking it alone, stranger or not, was nerve wracking! I'm always wary that I'm going to be asked to leave when taking photos in stores... and I had an employee hovering behind me the whole way round! I went out of my way to use the word "mum" and make it obvious that I was photographing my mum in their store, not photographing just their store haha.

I hope I will... Not going to tell myself I'll get one cause then it'll play on my mind and just make me more nervous haha. If I'm out and about and happen to take one, awesome ;) :p

Great shot :) And they probably thought you were some undercover Head Office member come to check up on their Housekeeping lol
I also keep saying that I would just take a photo of a stranger (which I suppose I do at the venues, up on the stage where they forget I am there) but asking a complete stranger would be more scary than anything!! what if they said No always pops in my head so I walk away. :( Daft really but one day I'll just pluck up the courage to just say 'excuse me, do you mind if I take your photograph' So many people are wary with the internet so having to explain to them is going to be the worst part I think

I keep looking at todays wondering what your mum is thinking. I have decided she has lifted something and is thinking "oh, look at the price of that!". Probably wrong! Like her expression though.

Phil

Great shot :) And they probably thought you were some undercover Head Office member come to check up on their Housekeeping lol
I also keep saying that I would just take a photo of a stranger (which I suppose I do at the venues, up on the stage where they forget I am there) but asking a complete stranger would be more scary than anything!! what if they said No always pops in my head so I walk away. :( Daft really but one day I'll just pluck up the courage to just say 'excuse me, do you mind if I take your photograph' So many people are wary with the internet so having to explain to them is going to be the worst part I think

See, I'm the opposite... I prefer the candid approach and for them to not even know... it's a combination of "what if they catch me taking their photo and think I'm a criminal?!" and not knowing my rights :bonk: And thank you!

I keep looking at todays wondering what your mum is thinking. I have decided she has lifted something and is thinking "oh, look at the price of that!". Probably wrong! Like her expression though.

Phil

You're probably not far wrong; we were in the free-from section (she's celiac) where 2 bread rolls are about 4 quid :LOL: Thanks!

I've got a few ideas to cover my bum for the next couple of days... whether they come out how I wish is another story and all part of the fun of this project I guess :LOL:

I played with my photo from day 1 and textures... again, I'm preferring these ones!

See, I'm the opposite... I prefer the candid approach and for them to not even know... it's a combination of "what if they catch me taking their photo and think I'm a criminal?!" and not knowing my rights :bonk: And thank you!

At any venues I am at I am always on the stage and people often forget I am there so I can get shots (unposed as the Boss says) of them dancing away and the expressions (which are always the best ones to catch) In the street that is different lol

Back