Daily 365 Photos 2013.

Oh wow i love the portrait.. as you know my kind of shot, the pure emotion in it is lovely!(y)

I'm glad i started using mine as a journal i think it could be good for us to see the change, we can do that with our photos but the written is more emotion, how it's making us feel etc..(y)

Oh wow i love the portrait.. as you know my kind of shot, the pure emotion in it is lovely!(y)

I'm glad i started using mine as a journal i think it could be good for us to see the change, we can do that with our photos but the written is more emotion, how it's making us feel etc..(y)

Sorry, I completely missed this somehow when I replied to Sarah!!

Thank you! I'm often sat up at 3/4/5am with all sorts going through my head re: 365 and no where to put it hahaha

365+post+banner.png

Day 06. Love. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr​

I absolutely love this camera. The aesthetics are just perfect and the results I've seen from it are amazing. I don't, however, know if this works and I'm not sure if I can find out without buying film; I suppose I'm just going to have to take the risk at some point and see!

I love film. Polaroid, 35mm, 120. But especially the likes of Polaroid and plastic, toy cameras. My weapon of choice is a Diana Mini. They're like marmite; you love them or you hate them. Me? I love them.

Hi toni..... I was about to comment that the image was cropped too tight... The rivets on the case have no symmetry... ...

But then I noticed the shutter button... The colour matches the background....and I forgot all that was said... And sat here smiling...sweet..

That was something I noticed after I'd set everything away and was dead on my feet (it was taken at about 5am this morning before I'd been to bed!) and I didn't have time during the day to try again :( No crop though, I added a little bit of height in PS :LOL:

Thank you!! :D

You could move that left rivet in slightly with PS if you like. I didn't notice it until it was pointed out however. I really like this one. So much better than the usual "kit" shots you see (including my own)!

OMG I used to have one of those and thought they were the bees knees - till you had to buy the film :eek: Great shot though Toni and the vintage touch works well with it :)

You could move that left rivet in slightly with PS if you like. I didn't notice it until it was pointed out however. I really like this one. So much better than the usual "kit" shots you see (including my own)!

I wouldn't know how to do something like that well haha. I could do it.. but it'd be obvious I'd done it if that makes sense? Something like that is one of the things I haven't had much practice with. And thank you!

Carol and Matt, thank you too! I want the one with the green button :love:

Thanks Lynn!!

I've got day 7 done :) No time to upload and comment on others threads though; I'm off to Northern Ireland with my mum to see my sister and her family (leaving my husband behind :LOL:) and I still haven't packed my bag... taking my laptop though so I'll see you all later today!!

... Maybe. I haven't been to bed yet and I'm starting to feel it already :LOL:

It's been really miserable here in NI the past few days - hope it improves a bit while you are here.

Love it. LOVE it. I'm so happy with it.

Neither my husband or I went to bed last night. I've somehow managed to turn day into night and I guess he just wasn't tired. We passed the time watching horror movies then, at about 5am, an idea for a photo came into my mind. And, an hour or so later, I had this.

Exactly how it was in my head.

I'm also now in Northern Ireland visiting my sister. So hopefully I'll have lots of lovely photos at the end of it! Hah, we'll see!

Love it and isn't it fab when an idea comes into your head and you can achieve it in an image?

Hope you enjoy your stay!

That is just wonderful!!!! :D Thought at first it was just the lights in a small square but then saw the silhouette .... fantastic idea and great shot - well done Toni :clap: :clap:

:love::love: negative space.. Bokeh and a portrait! now that is effective love it well done:D:clap:

That is just lovely Toni, the use of DOF, negative space and the silhouette are spot on.

Love it and isn't it fab when an idea comes into your head and you can achieve it in an image?

Hope you enjoy your stay!

That is just wonderful!!!! Thought at first it was just the lights in a small square but then saw the silhouette .... fantastic idea and great shot - well done Toni :clap: :clap:

Last 2 have been great. Polaroid, processing and background work perfectly together

:love::love: negative space.. Bokeh and a portrait! now that is effective love it well done:D:clap:

Wow, what a brilliant 1st week of your 365. Loving the polaroid camera shot and the bokeh shot for day 7 is just excellent.

Ahh thank you guys!! :love: :D An hour out in the rain at 5am for me and an hour sitting on a cold, hard windowsill for my husband... it was worth it :LOL:

ShoeQueen, it's the best!! Not got a clue for tomorrow though... For the first time since I started, I'll be going to bed with no idea of a shot for tomorrow :eek: :shake: :thinking:

Ah thanks you two :D Feeling very much like I don't have the energy for another 51 weeks. But that's probably due to the fact I haven't been to bed in 2 days :LOL:

Brilliant! It took me a moment to figure out what it was, but when I saw it I smiled with the brilliance of it. Brilliant!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Just ♥ the Polaroid, never noticed the unsymetricity of the rivets until it was pointed out, now I'm :bang:

Day 7 I adore

You are really creative with your shots

gorgeous, very creative and nicely set out

Brilliant! It took me a moment to figure out what it was, but when I saw it I smiled with the brilliance of it. Brilliant!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Just ♥ the Polaroid, never noticed the unsymetricity of the rivets until it was pointed out, now I'm :bang:

Day 7 I adore

Super photo - not sure why but I looked at it for a while before I realized what it was haha - maybe I am more tired than I think...

Ahh thank you everyone! :love:

Day 7, I debated whether it "worked" or not purely because I wondered if anyone would realise I was standing outside and my husband is inside, sitting on the windowsill and would just be like "um... what?" :LOL: I was glad for the rain; it adds a little something to the silhouette that makes it a little bit more obvious, I think.

--

Ah, Londonderry. You wouldn't think I lived here for ages before... Not a clue where anything photo-worthy is. I know there's the usual murals and stuff across the water but... eh. Is it bad that they don't interest me photographically? These next 6 days are probably going to produce very boring photos! :bonk: We'll see :LOL: :LOL:

A self portrait! My first in the project. Probably not the last. I used to be all about the self portraits. 3/4/5 etc years ago, they made up 99% of my photos. Recently, they've been rather rare! I prefer it that way haha.

Also... 50mm hand held. As I've mentioned before, my lens is on its way out and really struggles to focus... :bonk: I'm not entirely sure how to take a self portrait haha so I just held the camera in a way that I hoped the focal point was over my eye then "recomposed"... :wacky: :shrug: :LOL: It came out how I viewed in my head though. Focus doesn't make or break a shot for me.

I like that... i like the almost hazy/dreamy/vintage.. ( i'll find the right word in my head soon).... effect...but i hope you get me lol.... (y)(y)

Beautiful :D Great shot :clap:

Yep, lovely selfy. I'm a big fan of the low contrast, dreamy effect and that back lighting is superb!

I like that... i like the almost hazy/dreamy/vintage.. ( i'll find the right word in my head soon).... effect...but i hope you get me lol.... (y)(y)

Yep, lovely selfy. I'm a big fan of the low contrast, dreamy effect and that back lighting is superb!

Beautiful shot....love it (y)

Thanks everyone! Not my most flattering angle but I like it ;) :LOL: This one actually received very little PP. I just decreased the saturation; everything else was in-camera. I love back lighting! I need much more practice, though. It was pure luck, this shot!

Back