52 From Baloo 23.

Managing some comment catch-up!

Snappers Choice - A really pleasing calming image with great light and foreground interest too.

Knob(s) - They look a well made set of binoculars, a nice level of detail enhanced by the processing.

Letters - Looks like shortly afterwards the top of the ash would have broke away, a different but valid photo for the theme. Looks a tricky image to get just right.

Kitchen - The lighting works well and it's a nicely balanced image.

Broken - Judging by the length of the branch on the ground it must have been quite an overhang before its demise.

Good idea and well framed.
I wonder what a close up on the broken part of the branch would look like?

Kitchen - great shot Roger, I would not have felt sheepish posting that one :D
Broken - good capture, are those sheep in that shot as well? Am I sensing a trend?

Kitchen: That’s a very nicely done pic Roger. Love the colours, composition and lighting.
Broken: Nicely on theme and a lovely atmosphere to the shot.

Good for you to revisit the editing(?) till you were happy. I sometimes sit on a shot for a while, before I decide if I think it's ok or not!

What was the fix for this (warming the WB and saturation)?

Good result anyway - well done for not clipping any of the branches at the edge of frame! :D
I actually added a bit of mist to create some atmosphere! Thanks for visiting and your comments are much appreciated
That's very broken. Nicely composed, especially getting the sheep in there too.
Thanks Helen I was very lucky with the sheep!;)
Managing some comment catch-up!

Snappers Choice - A really pleasing calming image with great light and foreground interest too.

Knob(s) - They look a well made set of binoculars, a nice level of detail enhanced by the processing.

Letters - Looks like shortly afterwards the top of the ash would have broke away, a different but valid photo for the theme. Looks a tricky image to get just right.

Kitchen - The lighting works well and it's a nicely balanced image.

Broken - Judging by the length of the branch on the ground it must have been quite an overhang before its demise.
Thanks you Stuart for your kind comments.
Yikes!. Very broken.
Indeed I have driven passed that tree so many times and thought it would be a good photograph, when the theme for 52 came up I knew exactly where I was going!
Good idea and well framed.
I wonder what a close up on the broken part of the branch would look like?
Thanks Pete, been trying to use my prime lenses more and I think doing so makes you take more time over framing. I wanted a close up but the tree is on private land with lots of signs telling you to stay out, so I did not want to go too far in the field. Also the sheep are lambing and I did not want to worry them.
Kitchen - great shot Roger, I would not have felt sheepish posting that one :D
Broken - good capture, are those sheep in that shot as well? Am I sensing a trend?
Thanks for visiting and your kind comments, I am Welsh no further explanation will be given about sheep:cool::D
Kitchen: That’s a very nicely done pic Roger. Love the colours, composition and lighting.
Broken: Nicely on theme and a lovely atmosphere to the shot.
Thank you for your comments and visiting, I cheated on Broken and tried to add a bit of atmosphere in lightroom so judging by your comment it worked!

Week 10 Full.

full-1.jpg

Boom! Great capture. Perfect timing and lovely composition with the diagonal. Amazing that the spray has not really come over the walkway, just straight up!

Is there a bit of a purple tint coming from somewhere?

How many attempts did that take, you have caught it at a perfect moment, well done

Excellent capture. Looks like you might have got a little damp?

Boom! Great capture. Perfect timing and lovely composition with the diagonal. Amazing that the spray has not really come over the walkway, just straight up!

Is there a bit of a purple tint coming from somewhere?

How many attempts did that take, you have caught it at a perfect moment, well done

Excellent capture. Looks like you might have got a little damp?
Thanks folks been a mad week and I need to do some catching up!

Last edited:
Week 11 Pattern.

Pattern-1.jpg

An interesting image with lots of elements.
It's quite sharp for such a dark scene. Did you use a tripod?

An interesting image with lots of elements.
It's quite sharp for such a dark scene. Did you use a tripod?
I only took a monopod which I wedged up against a metal barrier and managed to get one decently sharp image. Its a fascinating place all dug out for slate mining. If I had known how photographer friendly they are I would of took the tripod.

Lovely positioning on the bridge shot (couple of inches to the right needed maybe). :) Lovely scene beyond as well.

Love the cavern shot too. Great colour, shadows, the line of the path and starbursts as well!

Interesting image with plenty of atmosphere

Some great colour and a nice, almost abstract, composition.

Lovely positioning on the bridge shot (couple of inches to the right needed maybe). :) Lovely scene beyond as well.

Love the cavern shot too. Great colour, shadows, the line of the path and starbursts as well!
Thanks Graham really appreciate your comments.
Interesting image with plenty of atmosphere
Thank you Jim, well worth a visit if your ever down in Cornwall
Some great colour and a nice, almost abstract, composition.
The different colours in the rocks are amazing, I wanted to take pictures of the underground stream but just could not hold the camera still enough
Lovely cavern shot.
Thank you Simon, I shall be visiting again with a tripod this time!
Nice shot Roger, is that in Cornwall?
Yes Pete, just outside Liskeard, goggle Carnglaze Caverns, very friendly staff and I nice 20min walk with the dog in the gardens, but they are not allowed underground.

Last edited:
Went to Carnglaze last week to watch the Peatbog Faeries play -- I caught Covid! :oops: :$

Went to Carnglaze last week to watch the Peatbog Faeries play -- I caught Covid! :oops: :$
I'm going to go to the Floyd Tribute gig in September. Hope your feeling better :)

Mmmmm... Mint Sauce!

Nice springy shot :)

My first thought.

Great image - the light is beautiful.
Thanks Kell was very lucky with the beautiful light :)

Nice shot Roger. Ticks the spring box very nicely.
Thank you Simon, in Cornwall lambing season actually starts a bit before spring but it still indicates to me that spring is on it's way.

Last edited:
Scrolling through Page 3 Roger and the stand outs for me are Full and Tunnel.
Full because of the action and power captured
Tunnel due to the colours (blue and purple amongst the browns) and the range of the light to dark.

Scrolling through Page 3 Roger and the stand outs for me are Full and Tunnel.
Full because of the action and power captured
Tunnel due to the colours (blue and purple amongst the browns) and the range of the light to dark.
Thanks Tim full is actually my favourite shot I have taken this year!
As a railway buff did you notice what the bridge is in pattern?

Lovely colours for the tunnel and can't beat a lamb picture for spring.

Lambing time can be earlier up here as well, the earliest can be in December but most are in the spring along with the daffs :)

Nothing like a bit of spring lamb... on a plate with a few roasties ;)

Perfect spring image and a nice bit of spring sunshine a bit rare round here recently

Nothing like a bit of spring lamb... on a plate with a few roasties ;)
The Baa Lambs are so cute, but so delicious :) !

Back