weekly 52 Weeks With Wookee *Weeks 10-13 added

Finally got this one sorted. I need to sort out an OCF for the future for this project methinks. Decided to go straight to B&W for this one as there are too many colours in it for me.

7408730074_bbd9e66011_b.jpg

My neighbour in his fireplace making shed. One of the many strings to his bow and easily the most industrious person I know!

Last edited:
Hi Luke,

Great idea for Root. I prefer the colour version - love the greens. As a rule, I don't like blown highlights but I don't have too much of an issue with the sky in this photo. I like it a lot.

Also agree that this is a spooky take on the theme, although I prefer the colour version, for the green on the stone itself:)

My first time to your thread, you've had some great ideas. My favourite shots are sweet and roots. Love the clarity, composition and colours of the strawberrys. As for the root shot that looks really cool. Look forward to seeing the rest of your work.

Last edited:
I like the subject but cant pick between B&W and colour.

Thanks all(y)

Also agree that this is a spooky take on the theme, although I prefer the colour version, for the green on the stone itself:)

If I could take the shot of the whole stone you would see that the roots are effectively 'pulling' the gravestone out of the ground. Unfortunately this couldn't be seen too well under the 6 inches of snow:(

Definitely colour for me, it really shows the age of the stone work. I love the detail and how sharp it is(y)

Colour for me too:)

My first time to your thread, you've had some great ideas. My favourite shots are sweet and roots. Love the clarity, composition and colours of the strawberrys. As for the root shot that looks really cool. Look forward to seeing the rest of your work.

Cheers....the strawberries are my favourite too. Though I'm looking forward to that changing in the next 45 weeks.(y)

I like the subject but cant pick between B&W and colour.

Join the colour revolution!:LOL:

Now added week 6 Industry
:wave:

Hi,

Don't think I've been here before. Great 52, my fav would be weeks secure and root, great images all round.

Matt

Really like you industry shot. Nicely composed and definitely on theme. :clap:

Don't you just hate those industrious typed that can do anything? Cracking shot, I like the motion blur too(y)

Thanks.... I don't hate him at all....though that might have something to do with him using his industriousness to occasionally make me stuff at mates rates:D

Hi,

Don't think I've been here before. Great 52, my fav would be weeks secure and root, great images all round.

Matt

Thanks for your comments(y)

Hi,

My first time here too. A great start so far with an interesting perspective for roots but I think my fav of your shots is the sweet!

Hi Luke

great shot for Industry...like the motion blur & the B&W works well...on theme as well (y)

Root....love the POV & the fab colors you've bought out in the moss & roots....:clap: not so keen on the B&W though it does work but the colors really add to the image :clap: this is England....not a lot you can do about the sky :LOL:

Reserved for week 8, handmade. I do have an idea for this one....just waiting on my assistant;)

Bought a Macro lens on a bit of a whim. Never had a hankering for macro stuff until shortly after this purchase....:love:

Anyway....not very original, but I quite like it. Critique more than welcome.

7408777158_f39b8b8dd8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Catching up on your thread Luke….

Sweet – Spot on theme with good focus

Secure – Good one although as said the door frame is a bit distracting

Industry – The B&W approach works well for this image

Root – I prefer the colour one. As Manc Man said it’s got a spooky feel to it

Money – That’s lovely and sharp although I’d lose the mouldy one at the top of the pile.

sorry for having a look late but have to say i love your ROOT shot

Finally getting a chance to catch up.

This one from my usual fare of sport. The winning goalie celebrating her shut-out.

6881685586_b2a2e3f8cd_z.jpg

Last edited:
Week 11's Shiny with my new macro lens....no not that one another one.:love:

Can you guess what it is yet?

7027786277_b8a8b7b517_z.jpg

Ok... This one was supposed to be pulling a rabbit out of the hat for Magical. It hasn't really worked as I was let down by my wardrobe department (a shortage of black top hats) as well as the animal trainer (aged 8 and a half) and Lola the (male) rabbit who wasn't white and didn't take direction very well...:thinking:. Animals and children :nono:

7027779745_88c36e2447_z.jpg

Thought I'd keep this one on topic by exposing the girlfriend's chocolate secret:cool:

6881689372_6b90fa4a3b_z.jpg

Hi Luke

just love that Rabbit....made me giggle when I read you words on the shot:LOL:
Nice n sharp , fab idea...love it :clap:

Vice...good take on the theme , DOF looks good...nice shot mister (y)

Shiny....macro is just sooo addictive :D C'mon , what is it ? Maybe some sort of beading on a coat or a hat ?

Last edited:
Good ideas and good shots!

Rabbits are not very good models....having got use to my dog doing what I want him to do its tough to go to my bunnies as they do not sit/come/beg/down when I ask!

Shiny is lovely, nice subject.

Enjoy the macro lens!

Hi Luke, glad you've caught up.

Win - Is the score board on for a reason as it looks like its growing out of her head!

Shiny - definitely shiny, is it a necklace or bracelet of some description? Good macro shot though with it all nice & sharp.

Magical - love it! I know the issue of working with kids, I can image the fun with animals! But it's lovely and sharp throughout, including the bunny's eye which is most important! Oh I actually prefer the blue hat!!

Vice - a double take on the theme! My only point is the choccie wrapper is a little soft.

Back