5d Mk2 Video clip, with a 800mm Sigmonster + 2x TC

People who own £12,000 HD Camera's still buy adapters specifically for fitting SLR Lenses on, and getting the good quality DoF and Sharpness.

letus35-extreme-front.jpg

letus.jpg

Yup, the SGPro I mentioned is a similar thing to the one you posted :)

Ah apologies!

Awesome stuff though; right? I think Top Gear is filmed with these too.

No need to apologise...saves me posting a pic :D

Great bit of kit to use, presuming you have either a) inherent skill b) the time and allowance to reshoot scenes :LOL:

I'll be honest, I don't know what they use to shoot top gear, but I do know whatever it is produces damn good results (y)

Merry Christmas! :)

Personally I'd rather buy a HD video camera for video. What was impressive is how still the 1600mm lens was being held. I'd love to know what tripod etc was in use.
Actually I was thinking the exact same thing!

I've decided that my New Years resolution is to own a 5D MKII....and make a video that doesn't go on for so long ;)
Nooooo...this is what I mean, EVERYONE seems to want this camera for video. Nobody has said 'I must have a 5DMKII because it will improve my photography'. I'm all confuddlededed, it's like HD video capture has only just been invented and suddenly everyone wants to make films instead of take pictures. I know the agument for using different lenses etc but this is still a DSLR we are talking about, it's going to limit you in other ways that a dedicated video camera wouldn't, surely? :thinking:

Nooooo...this is what I mean, EVERYONE seems to want this camera for video. Nobody has said 'I must have a 5DMKII because it will improve my photography'. I'm all confuddlededed, it's like HD video capture has only just been invented and suddenly everyone wants to make films instead of take pictures. I know the agument for using different lenses etc but this is still a DSLR we are talking about, it's going to limit you in other ways that a dedicated video camera wouldn't, surely? :thinking:

No, i would probably get it too but its because its a natural progression in my gear - the Full Frame. And the 5D is the natural choice, unless I switch to Nikon for the D700, which i have no problem with.

The HD video will be a nice bonus.

But a camera isn't going to make a better photographer...sure, it'll allow me to make bigger prints and so on...but as we know the AF isn't going to be a patch on the 1D I have and the lower fps won't help for wildlife stuff I do either.

I'd like it personally for the obvious improvements it offers for portrait/wedding work, but the reality is, the HD video is a big thing for me, and quite a draw! The convenience of having both in camera will be fantastic! I will be able to use it for wildlife work and just swap over to the 1D if I decide to take photographs and needed the benefits it brings.

As I say, and has been demonstrated, the quality of the video output is going to outstrip equivalent priced DV cameras purely for the fact I can have the 35mm DoF and a few other bits. It is the high price of DV equipment that has put me off investing anything in it (as thankfully I can borrow other peoples as and when I've needed :p) but now I'll have it in camera and can seriously begin to expand business for effictively zero additional cost!

Until I've used it, I won't be able to say if there are any drawbacks against having dedicated equipment, but as it stands at the moment...I can't actually think of anything I'd miss out from not having a DV camera!

Saying all this...I could just wait for a 1D MKIV and have it all in one...now there's a thought!

Edit - bit of a ramble I've been on the sherry trifle! ;) ...that actually had rum in :thinking:

This all very distressing for anyone (i.e. me ;)) who wants to buy a Nikon D700 in the coming weeks :(. What's the "D800's" HD video capture going to be like, when it comes out with a 20+MP sensor sometime in 2009 :p, I ask myself?

Like most here, I wouldn't specifically buy any DSLR to just get that feature, but if it's going to become just another added extra, for much the same price as the previous model (in every manufacturers range), it's certainly one that I'd like to have in reserve :love:.

Better just buy the 700, stop surfing camera forums and bury my head in the sand, I reckon :D.

This all very distressing for anyone (i.e. me ;)) who wants to buy a Nikon D700 in the coming weeks :(. What's the "D800's" HD video capture going to be like, when it comes out with a 20+MP sensor sometime in 2009 :p, I ask myself?

Like most here, I wouldn't specifically buy any DSLR to just get that feature, but if it's going to become just another added extra, for much the same price as the previous model (in every manufacturers range), it's certainly one that I'd like to have in reserve :love:.

Better just buy the 700, stop surfing camera forums and bury my head in the sand, I reckon :D.

Bearing in mind the video will only be using around 1.3mp (I think) I doubt the quality will change much to be honest!

Back