7d coming tomorrow

I did try to buy from members of this board but no one would deal at the £700 I was offering for a used 7D

£675 was your highest offer to me for one only a few weeks old with under 50 clicks and guaranteed for a year :p

Or 750 from Ebay with 12 month UK warranty from Canon UK. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. Hopefully all gets sorted and Im sure it will. If he has excellent feedback and been trading for a long time you should be okay. But again, look at a face to face exchange as the best option as theres much less risk.

£675 was your highest offer to me for one only a few weeks old with under 50 clicks and guaranteed for a year :p
it was close to 700 lol
Rub salt in my open wounds why don't you lol
you seemed to be a bit grumpy when I started at 650 :LOL:
and the warranty I saw as not valid
as far as I am aware the warranty is not transferable

Last edited:
didn't like the idea of the warranty go between
bit fraudy for my liking I'm affraid
It was that offer that put me off making an increased offer
I'm a bit to prim and proper

TBH not every person is dodgy Mike.

I quite agree and have myself sent someone on this forum well over a grand for a lens and flash .. but at least I had some prior knowledge of the person involved and I had his details before sending the payment.

Things could have easily turned out a LOT worse.

Besides ... if you quote the rest of my post you will see I am (in my own way) actually sticking up for the seller, he can't be THAT dodgy as he sent the stuff in the first place

Well you have walked right into this answer......................

Better than no guarantee at all :D

the standard procedure for any purchase is the purchaser has to pay the seller before he will dispatch

And the standard procedure for returns is that the seller refunds once the item has been sent back.

I don't know of any retailer that refunds before you return an item so really I don't see why this should be any different.

But you were happy to bypass Ebay and so deprive them of their commission

Last edited:

and on a more serious note :thinking:

Mike.P said:
But you were happy to bypass Ebay and so deprive them of their commission

I would have thought it was the seller and only the seller who is depriving eBay of their commission as the buyer doesn't pay any.

The seller could get in trouble for this but I don't see how the buyer is 'incriminated' as they didn't sign up to the terms for this particular sale.

Tony, you need to do one thing here simples ;)

Post to your mate (ugly and big.....excellent :D ) everything including the lens

Get a full refund in cash or maybe one them bankers gauranteed cheque options (y)

It looks to me like dropped bit of kit and possibly thef lens as well

If he is agreeing to all this, then that is exactly what I would be doing (y)

Also by communicating through eBay and paying through Paypal I would say that all you have actually done is agreed a 'But it Now' price and he should still pay the fees.

Also by communicating through eBay and paying through Paypal I would say that all you have actually done is agreed a 'But it Now' price and he should still pay the fees.

Nope incorrect, sale was pulled by seller.

I did check the sellers rep out on ebay first in particular his length of membership on ebay which was 10 years

No disrespect, Tony but did you really do any checking?

Screenshot2012-05-06at192032.png

that's 12 years, the only place "10 years" is mentioned is in the actual listing.

Secondly, did you ask him about the THIRD 7D?

Screenshot2012-05-06at191853.png

He listed one for sale on the 28th April, yours on the 29th and yet another on the 30th...

It could just be an oversight and he's listed the same item twice, but I think I'd have wanted to clarify that and also why, if he's changed to Nikon he's not long purchased a 5DIII......

Everything about this screams that he was doing you over, sending his worse 7D to you. God knows what state the lens is in either.

Seriously, speak to the seller, tell them you aren't happy but keep it civil. Send the lot back and don't skimp in future. It's really not worth it in the long run.
By sending it back RMSD you'll have his address and proof of delivery.

Galaxy66 said:
Nope incorrect, sale was pulled by seller.

Well, that is illegal on the seller's part as he has an agreement with eBay to pay commission.

I thought the communications are going through eBay at the moment?

Rebel t3i said:
I am messaging him through ebay at the moment

Well, I'd be surprised if eBay don't invoice him then.

Well, that is illegal on the seller's part as he has an agreement with eBay to pay commission.

I thought the communications are going through eBay at the moment?

What I meant Colin was that the sale was pulled and there was no buy it now price mentioned in the sale, I do understand the point you are making now though:).

Well, I'd be surprised if eBay don't invoice him then.

This could get messier still if that happens, The best advice would be for Tony to get his refund asap before that happens and it affects the sellers stance.

Ebay will definitely not see it that way and wont pursue anything, if you go behind their backs avoiding their safeguards why exactly should they help, its not as if they dont provide all the information in the world of how to proceed safely.

Anyone could easily create fraudulent transactions that way with their mates, would they then expect Ebay to pay when both parties cant come to an agreement?

twist said:
Ebay will definitely not see it that way and wont pursue anything, if you go behind their backs avoiding their safeguards why exactly should they help, its not as if they dont provide all the information in the world of how to proceed safely.

Anyone could easily create fraudulent transactions that way with their mates, would they then expect Ebay to pay when both parties cant come to an agreement?

eBay don't need to do anything, it would be up to Paypal if there were any claims/disputes raised.. My point is the buyer hasn't done anything wrong, it is the seller that had the agreement and is trying to avoid paying the eBay commission fees.

Was that reply for me ? i'm not saying that said Ebay (paypal?) should help out ;)

You want to hope they don't as your account could be terminated as well.
that would be so devastating :LOL: might do me a massive favour save me getting stitched again
I only really buy things from there

Last edited:
I'd agree with that and so would any judge imo

Really? I'm not so sure, you went behind ebays back avoiding all their advice to stay safe etc to save a few quid on fees, if you did the deal via eBay officially you'd be covered, but you didn't. You're using eBay as a messaging system, you and I could do the same thing to commit fraud, doesn't mean you'll get your money back without a lot of effort.

I'd say good luck and I really hope you can trust the buyer now as much as you did previously, and I don't mean that sarcastically.

Last edited:
I saved nothing the seller saves fees
all i did was ask the seller a question via ebay my question was something like what is the shutter count please and do you have a buy it now price

Last edited:

I am still curious as to why my offer of acting as a go between for the guarantee put you off making me an increased offer, maybe you have not worded that correctly but curious I still am :thinking:

In your previous way of thinking it was not under guarantee so therefore me offering to do that was a benefit ..no?

Last edited:
Rebel t3i said:
I saved nothing the seller saves fees
all i did was ask the seller a question via ebay my question was something like what is the shutter count please and do you have a buy it now price

This was my point. You haven't done anything wrong by agreeing a fixed (buy it now) price and paying by Paypal and messaging through eBay. It is the buyer who should pay the fees even now because it was eBay who did the successful advertising that led to the sale, whether it eded with bidding or a fixed price.

Phall82 said:
This was my point. You haven't done anything wrong by agreeing a fixed (buy it now) price and paying by Paypal and messaging through eBay. It is the buyer who should pay the fees even now because it was eBay who did the successful advertising that led to the sale, whether it eded with bidding or a fixed price.

That's totally incorrect. Ebay's terms and conditions explicitly forbid dealing outwith in this manner, both parties involved risk having their accounts terminated if caught.

Also, it's the SELLER that pays the fees on Ebay, not the buyer.......

ebay don't seemed to be bothered that much IMO
have you seen some of the listings
car breakers for example listing a vehicle fora 20 p fee and you are biding on a wheel nut
phone numbers listed in the add which you have to ring to buy the part you want
There are loads of then,
Would the buyer be banned as well ?

latest update
Just received a response to my last message asking me how much I wish to pay for the 10-22 lens, he is not prepared to offer a compensation part refund for stitching me with this high mileage camera.
I know alot of you are suggesting I send it all back for a full refund buy the lens is ok and I am concerned if I return it all I may not get a refund at all,so I'd be 1k down and no goods.

At least if I just return the the camera and grip and keep the lens I'd have been less had over
vendor has asked how much I want to pay for the lens if I am happy with it.
I'm thinking 350 is fair for both parties so a refund of 660 bearing in mind I will no doubt end up paying the return RMSD

Last edited:
Personally I'd return the lot. He's already proven to be untruthful so who knows what the lens will prove to be like.

If you don't trust him, I would think £40 would get you a return ticket to London, or it's what 150 miles by car to North London? and get him to cough up for some mileage because of the issues.

I doubt he'll agree to £350 for the lens. MPB sell them for around £470. Even if he does agree to £350 for the lens, you've gambled on a 7D for £660?

Ever heard you get what you pay for, or buy cheap buy twice?

all 3 items could be bought new from Hdew for 1298
buy it now was 1100 doesn't seem that much of a cheap skate deal to me
The lens looks mint unlike the camera
Would a 10-22 mm lens get that much use
He would have got more if he had split the items don't see why I should pay more for the lens just because he stitched me with a rough high mileage camera
As stated earlier on the post the camera in the listing does not look like the camera I was sent
One could say the vendor is getting a bargain 660 for a 7d with gen battery grip 2 gen batteries in original boxes one on ebay went last night for 820 perhaps I should ask for more roflol
bet when he gets it back it'll be straight back on ebay with the same description I shall keep a close eye out for it
perhaps we could all message him asking for the shutter count, wonder if he'll tell you 30 k like he told me
doubt he'll list it as 116k+

Last edited:
ebay don't seemed to be bothered that much IMO
have you seen some of the listings
car breakers for example listing a vehicle fora 20 p fee and you are biding on a wheel nut
phone numbers listed in the add which you have to ring to buy the part you want
There are loads of then,
Would the buyer be banned as well ?

No, because those are, on the whole, classified listings, not auctions. If you reckon Ebay aren't bothered drop them an email explaining what has happened....;)

Back