*** 7D Firmware Released Today*** Inc Video!

I think I will update immediately, Canon New Zealand says it will be tomorrow 7th August and if it's coming from Japan it may be waiting when I get up in the morning.

Just wondering if any custom settings would be wiped if I update my 7D firmware??

Errrr..........I think I will be waiting for some other peeps to test it out first, not that I don't trust Canon of course :naughty:

D

Now downloaded and running v2.0.0.

All settings appear OK and the only thing that needed adjusting were the Date, Time & Location (London for me).

Thanks for the link Dave. I have just downloaded it.

Just finished the update but I have to go out now so I will have a play later. All looks good so far.

Everything ready here with the exception of having two flat batteries :( I guess I'll just have to wait.

Thanks for the heads up, installed and heading up to Santa pod for some drift fun :)

As I'm a curious old sausage, I'm going to try a little experiment before I update the firmware. Gonna test the burst rate and number of shots before the 7D buffers out both before and after the update and see what I get

Hi just letting you all know the new firmware is available for download from canon USA just downloaded it and all is working fine ! Now let's see what it does :) Dean

All works fine thanks Dave, got 60 RAW in burst before it hesitated - 60mb/s card

would never need that many, good to know :)

drew

All works fine thanks Dave, got 60 RAW in burst before it hesitated - 60mb/s card

would never need that many, good to know :)

drew

Fab Drew thats a wow (y)

As I'm a curious old sausage, I'm going to try a little experiment before I update the firmware. Gonna test the burst rate and number of shots before the 7D buffers out both before and after the update and see what I get

Great idea Nigel, (y)

Thanks for the heads up, installed and heading up to Santa pod for some drift fun :)

Nice one Ryan have fun :)

I may haved read the disclaimer wrong, but,

"DISCLAIMER

CANON U.S.A.,Inc. MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.

I have read and understand the information above, and wish to download the designated software.".

Does that mean the warranty is void if I install the firmware?

60 RAW burst?!

That's over 7 seconds continuous at 8fps... I don't think the 1D4 can manage even 40 in a burst @ 10fps.

All updated now and it works a treat. Now to try bursting a few... and I'm seeing 22 in RAW. 7 better than I had previously so happy with that :)

I'm getting 22 in raw+jpeg before the upgrade. What speed is your card?

Last edited:
Just updated and looking good. Burst with raw has improved to 23 at ISO100 and 22 at other ISOs. I've renamed my file prefixes, handy for when I work with other togs.

I'm getting 22 in raw+jpeg before the upgrade. What speed is your card?

60mbps UDMA, 8gb Sandisk Extreme. I had 15 available before the upgrade so 22 is pretty nice. Btw, @ ISO100 it goes up to 23 now.

Back