80D for motorsport - AF Customization?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Just got my hands on an 80D as an upgrade from my 700D and I'm planning on heading to Silverstone on Saturday for the WEC Practice/Qualifying.

Has any one got any tips for the AF set-up? The 700D was pretty limited option wise so it was normally just single point and AI Servo.

The 80D offers a few more options. Would you recommend AF Zone over single point and is it worth adjusting the tracking sensitivity, acceleration/deceleration and AF point auto switching?

Not sure there will be many 80D users out there at the moment but I think these options are similar to those featured on the 7D?

I must admit that on my 30D, 50D, 7DmkI & 7Dmk2 I've always used single point AF & AIServo. The only "AF" fiddling I do is choose the focus point for the framing I want.

Cars tend to be predictable (have a good bit of momentum) so I just leave the AIservo settings as standard

I must admit that on my 30D, 50D, 7DmkI & 7Dmk2 I've always used single point AF & AIServo. The only "AF" fiddling I do is choose the focus point for the framing I want.

Cars tend to be predictable (have a good bit of momentum) so I just leave the AIservo settings as standard

Thanks, think I'll start with single point as well although having taken a look through the 7D MkII AF guide I think I'll try raising the acceleration/deceleration tracking for tracking in and out of corners.

Back