99P for an 8gb Lexar professional?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the chances of the outcome are set out below

100% they have all your details and your email is on their spam list

Another couple of spam emails a month isn't going to kill anyone. Jesus, I get enough from Facebook etc so another few won't make any difference.

Can't honestly believe how much of a debate this is turning into. If you don't place a bet, you aint got a chance of winning.

Talk about negative.

frankee - you in the long game scam with a pretend company called memoryking?.A 449 posting tally to gain the trust of us gullible TP members...before pulling in the big hustle?

TPgate.. I can see the headlines..

haha.

Another couple of spam emails a month isn't going to kill anyone. Jesus, I get enough from Facebook etc so another few won't make any difference.

Can't honestly believe how much of a debate this is turning into. If you don't place a bet, you aint got a chance of winning.

Talk about negative.

Calm down!
We are just voicing our inner-musings! :)

100% they have all your details and your email is on their spam list

I used a spare mail addy which I can delete, so no worries here. :)

Just received mine through the post......... no only kidding :LOL: Worth a punt I think, I would feel worst if I didn't and you got them via goodwill ;)

Calm down!
We are just voicing our inner-musings! :)

I'm calm, got a nice mug of hot chocolate and Shameless on the box, I just thought i'd throw a half-sensible post into the mix. :p

I used a spare mail addy which I can delete, so no worries here. :)

He meant that YOUR email address will be on THEIR spam filter.

So any email you send them asking where your order is wont be seen.

But that's still unfounded.

http://www.memoryking.com/acatalog/Terms___Conditons.html

Payment and Price

The total price payable for the goods will be stipulated at the time when you place your order whether or not the order has been confirmed. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier's prices or the imposition of any taxes or duties. Prices may be subject to change if the price published for the goods is wrong. In all cases we will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.

After a bit of searching it appears the address is wrong, if you put in Memory king in Yell it comes up with a Bolton Address. Maybe one of them isn't up to date?

And I agree with foodpoison, if it's a scam they've made a bloody good job making the website with decent security verification etc. All the pages work for a start.

Interesting to note that on the link above, most of the reviews which weren't complaints about the company appear to have been posted just after the order process was completed rather than when the goods were (or weren't) despatched/delivered.

I just called this number 0871 4724300 and a very helpful chap called Norinda answered within two rings. He said that it was obviously a mistake and that they are going through and cancelling the 200 separate orders they received overnight. He emphasised that no money was charged to anyones cards and that nothing will appear on your statement. He took my name and cancelled it while I was speaking to him.

Seemed like a decent bloke.

You might want to read the first bit of feedback here and all of the feedback here

*Cough* £3.

If all fails, I'll go to the CAB or something....maybe.

Or ring trading standards to get it shut down.

If you look hard enough, you'll find people with bad experiences of ANY E-Tailer. None are perfect.

Last edited:
I live round the corner from that address! I shall go look on my way home - see if they really are there :p
Says can collect too? so i shall maybe order and see if i can collect :)

*Cough* £3.

If all fails, I'll go to the CAB or something....maybe.

Or ring trading standards to get it shut down.

If you look hard enough, you'll find people with bad experiences of ANY E-Tailer. None are perfect.

*cough* 200 x £3 or so from one item in one night ;)

Yes, you will find bad reports about most e-tailers, but usually you find some good ones as well :LOL:

Last edited:
*cough* 200 x £3 or so from one item in one night ;)

Yes, you will find bad reports about most e-tailers, but usually you find some good ones as well :LOL:

200+ calls to the CAB and trading standards within the space of an hour and it'd be locked down tighter than a nats rear.

I just called this number 0871 4724300 and a very helpful chap called Norinda answered within two rings. He said that it was obviously a mistake and that they are going through and cancelling the 200 separate orders they received overnight. He emphasised that no money was charged to anyones cards and that nothing will appear on your statement. He took my name and cancelled it while I was speaking to him.

Seemed like a decent bloke.

Sorry for quoting myself but based on my experience I cant see what the issue is? Call them up and make sure your order is cancelled. sorted. As has already been pointed out in the this thread, their terms and conditons cover their mistake and they are in the process of cancelling the orders and no money was taken from anyone.

200+ calls to the CAB and trading standards within the space of an hour and it'd be locked down tighter than a nats rear.

So you didn't read the T&C's then at the time of the order.

Stop wasting your time and everyone's elses - use common sense - its free, and while clearly in short supply in this thread, this "deal" was never ever going to happen.

Move on.

So you didn't read the T&C's then at the time of the order.

Stop wasting your time and everyone's elses - use common sense - its free, and while clearly in short supply in this thread, this "deal" was never ever going to happen.

Move on.

thanks-for-the-info.jpg

If you read my posts ABOVE that one, you'll find I said this deal won't happen, everyone will recieve emails that it was a price-error and that orders will be cancelled.

You're not a morning person, are you?

You must think the CAB and TS are branches of the Secret Service! :LOL::LOL:

Everytime you get a mis-price you get mis-informed tools complaining, and thinking laws have been broken, - and if they sweam and sweam and stamp their feet until they are sick they'll get the stuff.

If they spent more time reading the T&C's and less time posting idiot pseudo-legal threats it would save everyone lots of hassle

You're right, but read all posts before you point someone out as not having common-sense.

It...lacks common-sense.

++NEWSFLASH++

This just in from our man on the scene, a crack joint forces team from the Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards have just gone in to "lock the website down tighter than a nats (sic) rear"

iran2.jpg

You're not from this planet are you. :LOL:

Maybe I should have put a smilie in that post to point out the sarcasm.

Personally, for instance, I wouldn't deal with anyone on eBay with a rating of less than abt 99.7%, I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find a rating of 50% (for delivered goods) for this outfit, would you deal with them if you'd known that?

You only have to Google a company before placing an order with them, if you can't find any ratings at all or there are quite a few negative, then you're upping the risk level if you place an order.

Just my two penneth'

:cautious:
It is not impossible that this could be a 'card mining' exercise. If you have tried to buy one or more of these memory cards and have supplied your credit card details, I would suggest you keep a very close eye on your card account over the next few weeks. I am not saying this is a fraudulent exercise, I am merely saying that it has 'indicators' and I suggest those forum members involved take appropriate card-monitoring precautions in their own interests.
:cautious:

I've bought from Memoryking in the past, with no problems whatsoever (I think my last purchase was a Sandisk Extreme III SD card)! :)

I've bought from Memoryking in the past, with no problems whatsoever (I think my last purchase was a Sandisk Extreme III SD card)! :)

That is encouraging! Hopefully there is no trickery here then!:)

Last edited:
Maybe I should have put a smilie in that post to point out the sarcasm.

Maybe your sarcasm is only detected by those who use it regularly? :LOL:

I'm sarcastic 90% of the time, and my 'sarcasm detector' has bleeped after near enough all of your posts.

For that, sir, I salute you.

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit, but my GOD it's awesome. (y)

:D It certainly has its uses, but I refrain from using it unless it's required tbh.

I find it quite comical that Flash in the Pan hasn't replied in this thread at all since I posted that.

Has he turned a little sheepish? ;)

A short time ago they were selling these in the states for $0.00! The price based on a rebate though. You paid what ever it was and Lexar refunded you by cheque. I just imagine Lexar have so many to shift, that it was better to sell them at a £1 than pay for them to be destroyed!

:D It certainly has its uses, but I refrain from using it unless it's required tbh.

I find it quite comical that Flash in the Pan hasn't replied in this thread at all since I posted that.

Has he turned a little sheepish? ;)

Mmmh, I tend to use it a lot tbh, so much so that even the rents use my phrases on a daily basis, it's a full-on sarcasm/slander fest in my house as we pass each other. Awesomeness (y):LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back