A big thank you to EdBray...

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
So, today I collected my film from @EdBray
But not only did I come away with the rolls of film I'd bought, but also Ed very generously gave me some Patterson tanks with reels, measuring jugs, colour and B&W developer, a film drying unit, and lots of other bits and pieces. And he also gave me a few lessons on how to work out hyperfocal distance and expose for the sunny 16 rule(which I always failed to grasp).
So,... thank you very much for your generosity, and your time. :)

Nice one Eddie. Top man.

I'd also like to thank Ed, when I first wanted to develop my own B&W film he was very helpful with everything I would need and I haven't looked back. Top bloke and there's not many higher accolades in my book. :)

I purchased some darkroom paper (if I remember rightly) from Ed a few months ago and there were some bonus films in the package too - a nice surprise. This included some Konica IR film - I'm looking forward to foilage and sunshine to make use of that.

Edbray is a legend, I can't begin to count up the "extra" stuff he's included with the items I've bought from him over the last few years, top geezer that one.

@EdBray - are you getting out of the game?

As far as I know he's heavily in to carbon transfer printing, which doesn't require a "wet" room as such or any silver halide processing gear really.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...room-dimroom-for-alternative-printing.547006/

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/carbon-transfer-print.534379/

Last edited:
Thanks for all the accolades folks, I just try to treat people as I would like to be treated. When I wanted a darkroom again, I was gifted a large amount of darkroom kit from a member and friend on here and would not have felt right selling anything that I had been given freely.

So whilst I am selling stuff which I can no longer use I am (as usual) giving additional bits away freely to people who can make use of them. Obviously this is easier if people collect as there are no weight issues as there are with postage.

My Daughter is partway through training to be a midwife, as she is a single parent we are having to take up the child minding duties as her shifts are typically 12.5/13 hours a time. This has meant I have to convert what was my dark-room (dim room) back into a bedroom and I have thus taken the decision to get rid of all my film gear from my Leica M4 outfit through to y Canham 5x7 MCQ Metal. Pretty much all the camera/lenses have gone (except for the full Leica outfit and a 210mm F5.6 Apo Symmar LF Lens).

I will still keep my hand in with my little Fuji x10 and my Pentax K5 and I will still keep the majority of my studio gear, but I think for the moment (and probably forever) my time with film is at an end, the dimroom is no more, I just have to find someone to take a load of dry chemicals (not all free though, some are quite expensive/impossible to buy in large amounts).

I did advertise much of what I was selling on here and often it was priced to sell rather than what it was actually worth, I was a little surprised that most of the stuff went over the waves to the US.

Top fella is Mr Bray.

It's a shame you've had to pack up the darkroom but I'm sure having your granddaughter over will be worth it. :)

God, I hope he doesn't read that, my life won't be worth living.

He is called Ethan, he is 3.5 years old and we call him Damian for good reason! :bat:

Oops, got granddaughters on the brain! Well daughters in my case.

You love him really! :hug: :D

He is called Ethan, he is 3.5 years old and we call him Damian for good reason! :bat:

It's a shame when lifes events force changes upon us that perhaps we would sooner not have to encounter, however it sounds that you may well be kept "occupied" and have little time to shoot film, let alone dev etc

Best of luck with " Damian" :D

Back