A bit of fun - WORDLE. (NB, US spelling!) No spoilers please

A 5 today, 1Y, 2Y, 1G 2Y, 1G 3Y, 5G, struggled till 4th guess then I could think of only one word to fit.

3. ggy, gggy, ggggg.

3 today, OB, OOO, OOOOO. Should have been 2 but but I switched my choice of word after typing in what turned out to be the correct one.

Last edited:
4 for me again, I had 2 choices for my 3rd attempt! DAMN, I chose the wrong one :thinking:

A 2 today 3G, 5G. I'll have to try words associated with what I was doing before more often.

A very sweaty 6 today

4 for me again, I had 2 choices for my 3rd attempt! DAMN, I chose the wrong one :thinking:
Same here. I fell into the trap of thinking I was biased towards the correct word and choosing another that I felt was more ‘likely’.

5 for me today ... took 4 goes to get one of the yellows from guess 1 to go green!

At least you got it today!!! :p

3 here, the greys plus 3 well placed greens on second narrowed it down a lot.

5 for me. Blank, gg, ggg, gggy, ggggg.

3 today. Blank, OO, OOOO.

3 today :)
3G on my first guess!

Three for me

And a 3 for me as well, 1G 1Y, 3G 1Y, 5G.

3 today, for the 5th day in a row (I'd better say that now while it's still true!). Lucky guess after 0G 0Y, 1G 1Y.

6! I had far too many options this morning :(

3 today, BB###—BOOB#—OOOOO , could only think of one word to fit.

3 today, with a total blank first go.

4 for me today. The usual choice of 2 words and picking the wrong one first. :rolleyes:

A lucky 4 today

3 today, BB###—BOOB#—OOOOO , could only think of one word to fit.

Going by the second guess, it should have been BOOBY!!!

3 for me today. yyg, yggg, ggggg.

A 3 again today, 2Y, 2G 2Y, 5G.

3 today, I'm getting better at the starting words - 2G, 1Y on first, 3G on second and it was kinda obvious by then

I notice people speak of their guesses at the starting word. I don’t seem to have any more success than most here (maybe less :( ) but I only use 2 different starting words* which I see as being ‘systematic’. Does no one else do that?

*I haven’t said which words to avoid biassing the replies ;).

I usually start with one of two ‘starting’ words. It also depends upon answers from the last few days.

Back