A bit of fun - WORDLE. (NB, US spelling!) No spoilers please

4 today.

4 for me this morning :)

4 for me. y, gg, gggg, ggggg.

After a run of good scores I decided to have a complete brainstorm today. 1st pass 1Y. 2nd pass 1Y 3G. Then I forgot all about that Y letter for the next 3 passes which got me down to 4G. Last chance and I'm running through all the possibilities thinking have they used a word I've never heard of, till I finally notice that lone forlorn yellow letter on the keypad. Duh! :banghead:

In the immortal words of Victor Meldew ... " I don't believe it!!" ... a ... 2 :banana:

Opening word gave me 3y + 1 g ... and solution came filling missing letter alphabetically :D

Sorry to laugh, Jan but I reckon we've all been there - or at least near there!!!

4 could have been 2 but 2 wrong guesses from many options.

After a run of good scores I decided to have a complete brainstorm today. 1st pass 1Y. 2nd pass 1Y 3G. Then I forgot all about that Y letter for the next 3 passes which got me down to 4G. Last chance and I'm running through all the possibilities thinking have they used a word I've never heard of, till I finally notice that lone forlorn yellow letter on the keypad. Duh! :banghead:

Turn on “Hard Mode” ?

Extremely lucky 2 today
2G and 2Y on first guess

Sorry to laugh, Jan but I reckon we've all been there - or at least near there!!!

Now tell the truth - you're not sorry at all ;)
You laughed, I laughed - it's good to laugh

Turn on “Hard Mode” ?

I didn't know there was a 'hard mode' - had to look it up. Since I never do what it's intended to stop, it would take all the fun out of it. Everyone needs a 5 letter word game in the morning to remind them how stupid they really are, don't they? ............ :LOL:

Now tell the truth - you're not sorry at all ;)
You laughed, I laughed - it's good to laugh

I didn't know there was a 'hard mode' - had to look it up. Since I never do what it's intended to stop, it would take all the fun out of it. Everyone needs a 5 letter word game in the morning to remind them how stupid they really are, don't they? ............ :LOL:

But you said you forgot the Y, unless I’ve misunderstood — maybe you left the Y in place in all subsequent guesses? Y & G have me confused because I use the colour blind mode, having difficulty distinguishing the YGs :(

Anybody know when NYT put a new WORDLESS up? Currently they don’t change their other Games until 8am presumably because it is midnight on the West Coast now they are in DST but WORDLE seems to change earlier, today by 7am for example.

Anybody know when NYT put a new WORDLESS up? Currently they don’t change their other Games until 8am presumably because it is midnight on the West Coast now they are in DST but WORDLE seems to change earlier, today by 7am for example.
I see a new one at midnight.

But you said you forgot the Y, unless I’ve misunderstood — maybe you left the Y in place in all subsequent guesses? Y & G have me confused because I use the colour blind mode, having difficulty distinguishing the YGs :(

I forgot the yellow letter as in forgot it - 3 passes where I forgot to use it......... anywhere :banghead:
I've had the odd time when I've left a yellow letter where I know it can't be, but forgetting to use it is a new low :LOL:
I guess the 'hard mode' would have stopped me doing what I did but where would have been the fun?

I see a new one at midnight.
There’s nothing that I can see that gives the date of the current WORDLE, unlike their other games that are all dated. I can’t think they change at U.K. midnight — that would cause problems with US readers. Maybe we’re always doing ‘yesterday’s’ :)

There’s nothing that I can see that gives the date of the current WORDLE, unlike their other games that are all dated. I can’t think they change at U.K. midnight — that would cause problems with US readers. Maybe we’re always doing ‘yesterday’s’ :)
There's a unique number for each puzzle you can see if you select the barchart icon for the stats screen and then use the 'share' button to copy the colour grid somewhere you can see it. Scordle knows this number based on the solution you enter, not the date you enter it - it must have the ordered list of answers. The stats screen also has a countdown timer that tells you when the next puzzle is due. I don't know how it works in practice (and there seem to be contradictory statements about this online), but it would probably make most sense to make it midnight local time everywhere. It's a pretty casual game and if anyone wants to cheat they can already grab the list of answers.

7em2th5eccl81.jpg

Wow! A 2 for me too! yg and some deep thought!

3 green on my third attempt, too many choices so 5 finally :rolleyes:

2 today. XBBXO, OOOO
My success rate has gone up since changing my starting word(s). Maybe it’s a cheat though since it’s based on the frequency of letters in WORDLE challenge word list (ie not the acceptable words) whereas I was previously basing them on frequency in English.

3 today 1G 2Y, 1G 3Y, 5G.

3 today, almost made it a goofy 4 as my original 3rd guess used a letter I'd already cancelled out - I am learning to pause a sec before input :D

My success rate has gone up since changing my starting word(s). Maybe it’s a cheat though since it’s based on the frequency of letters in WORDLE challenge word list (ie not the acceptable words) whereas I was previously basing them on frequency in English.
The logical next step is to base your starting word on the frequency of letters in today's challenge word :)

4 today.

And four for me this morning :)

A luck 4 today 1Y, 1Y, 1G 1Y lucky guess 5G.

Back