A bit of fun - WORDLE. (NB, US spelling!) No spoilers please

5 today 1Y, 1G, 3G, 4G, 5G.

3 today
XXXXB
XXOXX
OOOO

But as I’ve mentioned, I prefer some of their other games but got completely stuck on “LetterBoxed” where I needed a word beginning with D and containing F. Nothing would fit Eventually I idly entered DOF (you can’t double letters so DOFF was no go) and I suppose Depth Of Field was in my mind. DOF was accepted, who knew it was an American word!

I’m not even sure it is, the only definition I can find is “dof Southern African informal, stupid”

Last edited:
5 for me. Wasted one guess through my own stupidity but inspiration struck and saved me.

Another 6 for me! I too used up one try with a stupid guess, ne'er mind, there's always tomorrow, can't wait...

An improvement .... 4 today, it could have been 3 but the wrong alphabetical guess

Can someone remind me please? Thursday's answer (14th), Mince or Wince?

I'm fairly sure I remember putting wince and getting xgggg so it had to be mince.
Ta, I should have been a doctor, because that's what my handwriting looks like :)

5. Found it particularly tricky for some reason

6 today
complete brain fade

Reactions: RIR
Thank you Duncan :)

Can someone remind me please? Thursday's answer (14th), Mince or Wince?

I can't remember this morning's answer, let alone Thursday's!!!

A 4 today 1G, 2G, 4G, 5G.

And me. Wasn't sure if my 3rd guess was a real word - it is and converted 2 of the 3 ys into gs which made the final try easier.

The downward trend continues ... a 5 today ... would have been 4 if I hadn't made a "mince" guess ;)

5 for me this morning, I have a green on my first attempt, 2 on my second, and my 3rd, and my 4th! Don't panic!

6 yesterday (well, it’s better than 7!) :(
3 today :)
XBOXX
XXOBX
OOOOO

I don’t often use SCORDLE but interestingly by second guess coincided with its best suggestion
Scoredle 303 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜ 81
⬜⬜⬜ 6

Edit: I forgot using WORDLE’s “share” doesn’t carry over the colours :(.

Last edited:
4 here for today, had 1G, 1y on second and was a little stumped because of the letters I'd ruled out, a few more sips of coffee did it , 3rd gave another green and a gotchya!

I don’t often use SCORDLE but interestingly by second guess coincided with its best suggestion
Scoredle 303 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜ 81
⬜⬜⬜ 6

Edit: I forgot using WORDLE’s “share” doesn’t carry over the colours :(.

Yeah odd that the colours don't transfer across, it looks fine when you click share but soon as it's posted it all goes white :/ I used to prt sc the result but that involved pasting into another software to crop and save then re-share, too much effort

I too a screen cap of the difference here:

wordlesharing.jpg

The bottom image is what you see when you paste on here, soon as you post it changes to the top version sadly

This also gives away the fact that I input the same yellow twice :ROFLMAO: but it did help me get there

Last edited:
a 3 today 1G 1Y, 2G 2Y, 5G.

3 For me. Hit 2y with my first guess, tried a totally different set of letters for my second and hit one y and one g then pondered awhile until I thought of a word that might fit and it did!

5 this morning, believe it or not, that’s good for me, considering recent attempts :D

Back