A bit of Light painting

Edit My Images
No
Ok i know there are some awesome examples of this type of work out there, but this is one of my first attempts at a bit of light painting of an object this big. Feel free to c&c, thanks!

Light-1
by Thallow on Talk Photography

And very good it is as well. Perhaps consider a slight clockwise rotation as the structure appears to be tilting to the left. I think the light streaks would make a stronger image if you had kept them further back and tighter to the structure as opposed to right up to the camera. The lighting on the lattice work is great.

I like that - The lighting of the structure is excellent. I like the light painting behind, but feel that up close one detracts from the building, it gets lost. Do you have one you can post without the front light painting? I'd like to see that if you do (y)

And very good it is as well. Perhaps consider a slight clockwise rotation as the structure appears to be tilting to the left. I think the light streaks would make a stronger image if you had kept them further back and tighter to the structure as opposed to right up to the camera. The lighting on the lattice work is great.

I like that - The lighting of the structure is excellent. I like the light painting behind, but feel that up close one detracts from the building, it gets lost. Do you have one you can post without the front light painting? I'd like to see that if you do (y)
Thanks for your comments, yes I have a shot similar to what you both described without the front streaks, I will post when I get back to my pc

Light-2 by Thallow on Talk Photography

Light-3 by Thallow on Talk Photography

OK, two extra without the light trail in front of the camera, with hindsight I actually think I prefer the one that is completely contained, but I guess it loses something in the fact that you cannot see the individual lights in the streaks?

They are very good, I feel the third is the best of a good group.

What did you use to produce the ribbon effect?

Very exciting work Thallow!
If you could take all renditions to the level of Light-2…

Very exciting work Thallow!
If you could take all renditions to the level of Light-2…

Thank you, very kind words.

They are very good, I feel the third is the best of a good group.

What did you use to produce the ribbon effect?

Thank you! Basically I bought a cheap strip of LED AA battery powered lights (about £8, they come with a sticky back strip) and stuck them onto a 3 ft piece of plastic strip, that's it nothing fancy. :)

Same as above. Love the 2 added photos. Not keen on the light in front. It's still a great photo though :)

Those are tidy. The composition, colours and quality are all bob on. Hat off to you.

There is a bandstand not too far away from my home, I'm tempted to give that a go myself!

I much prefer them without the detracting light ribbon in front. These are super - Well done (y)
Thank you very much

Same as above. Love the 2 added photos. Not keen on the light in front. It's still a great photo though :)
Thank you!

Those are tidy. The composition, colours and quality are all bob on. Hat off to you.

There is a bandstand not too far away from my home, I'm tempted to give that a go myself!
Again many thanks!

Back