A "Blue-Eyed" Cookie Monster — just what I needed!

No quarrel, but the point I was trying to make is that you could perhaps ask the mods to move it to a more appropriate forum and then all confusion is avoided?

I fail to see why this is in the wrong forum. At the top of the page it says share and critique if anyone posts to share an experience good or bad without critique and is on the correct subject there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. There are lots of posts where the poster states sorry for the poor picture and then just shares What went wrong. there are others that post and then state feel free to cc. I like Graham understood the post and liked the pictures as well. Life is to short for hassle. I have read hundreds of posts and its the same in all the forums, in all sections :exit:

I fail to see why this is in the wrong forum. At the top of the page it says share and critique if anyone posts to share an experience good or bad without critique and is on the correct subject there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. There are lots of posts where the poster states sorry for the poor picture and then just shares What went wrong. there are others that post and then state feel free to cc. I like Graham understood the post and liked the pictures as well. Life is to short for hassle. I have read hundreds of posts and its the same in all the forums, in all sections :exit:

strictly speaking, YES it was in the wrong place - ANYTHING posted in ANY of the Sharing and Critique areas OTHER THAN photos for pleasure is implicitly open to critique. If the image is something that would only have any interest to a particular "niche" then sometimes we'll overlook / ignore this, PROVIDED the OP makes it very clear from the outset that the image is only really there for non-critique purposes...

A case in point, being your thread in the nature-birds section. It'd have been a waste of time posting it anywhere else than the Nature section, as the sole purpose was to get a species ID. And, you made it clear in the first line of your post why it was there - "Rubbish shots but would like to know ident."

In the relatively short 5 years I've been on here, mainly doing people/portraits, the sharing photos has always tried to encourage critique so that the op can improve/start discussion and/or others can learn from the pics.

Think about new photographers trying to get better. They might already have noticed the wonky exposure or thought the fairy lights didn't look quite right. The critique helps others too as they might learn how to avoid those mistakes.

If you don't want any critique AT ALL it's generally accepted to post it in the photos for pleasure section.

The OP has already acknowledged this and the mods have moved it.

IMHO critique is vital for the OP (in general, not Daniel) and the broader community. Also how people receive and respond to critique also says a lot.

Hi mods Staff Member ? I hope you sent Juggler a warning, not to be rude to others on this site ?if I had written what he/she ,did you would have sent me a warning.this is blatant on line bullying and it should be stopped .

Hi mods Staff Member ? I hope you sent Juggler a warning, not to be rude to others on this site ?if I had written what he/she ,did you would have sent me a warning.this is blatant on line bullying and it should be stopped .

Juggler Bullying? Warning? Lol, Ridiculous! He just gave POSITIVE critique. And lets be honest it was good critique that would be helpfulI to Kodiak's future shots. I would of got a lot out of it if i was given that advice. Have you seen this guys calibre of work??

Also your never to old or experienced to learn more from fellow photographers, end of.

:wave:Paulgreenwoodart Alanyellowheadcake tommyjonsesmotherinlaw ............Jonnyogormancritiqueobrien ..........

There's a history that you probably aren't aware of here...

Also, Simon is a top bloke, not a bully bone in his body. I think that term gets misused and abused way too often these days.

I'd offer some advice on metering the lights but I can't now as the threads in the wrong section :D

edit: I'd delete my sarcastic provocative comment but I can't as there is no delete button hahaha

"passes his wooden spoon" :D

Peace and love to all :)

Last edited:

If you have issues with how the site is moderated, I suggest you use the appropriate channels (as detailed in the forum rules) to contact us...

link to the rules... https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/help/rulesdetailed/

and just to help you, I've cut/pasted the appropriate bit here as well...

Moderating decisions are not up for public discussion or debate.
Contact the Moderation Team privately using the Contact Us link below.

.... and/or others can learn from the pics.

Think about new photographers trying to get better. They might already have noticed the wonky exposure or thought the fairy lights didn't look quite right. The critique helps others too as they might learn how to avoid those mistakes.

IMHO critique is vital for the OP (in general, not Daniel) and the broader community.

Exactly this; please excuse the selective quoting.

Back