A C41 smile

dmb

Edit My Images
No
20180516_145833s.jpg
Dusted off the old JOBO TBE to use alongside the much battered JOBO CPE2 - the variable water level in the CPE2 as you put in and take out bottles irks me so I use the TBE for the big bottles and use 330 ml screw top plastic beakers for the working solutions. Mixed up a new batch of Fuji Hunt Xpress yesterday and got going on the film backlog.

The score so far 6 films developed this afternoon. 4 good ones and finally found out what was on the 2 mystery films that had been hanging around (still a slight mystery as they had been loaded into a camera at some time but had not been exposed before rewinding into the cassette, they may have just been in a box of camera bits I bought but those usually go in the 'found film' box).

All cleared up and films drying so SWMBO can have the bathroom back.

I too have a Jobo CPE2 - I hadn't heard of the TBE before but thanks to Youtube I know what is is now. The motor has gone on my Jobo but I still use it to warm the chemicals and then rotate the tank by hand on the guides - it get's a bit boring but I do think it's more consistent than manual agitation. I do B&W this way too from 35mm up to 5x4.

I'm also saving up some exposed slide films until I've got enough to justify buying an E6 kit - otherwise the chems would go off before I used them up. So in about 9 months time I should get a surprise when I'm reminded what I shot. Hopefully a good surprise.

One day I'll get a fully working CPE2 ...

Last edited:
I have the CPA2 and previously owned a CPE2. The biggest advantage of the CPA is the water pump as it fills the water bath area where the drums rotate which is seperated from the bath where the bottles are stored. This keeps the water level in this area constant even when bottles are removed. It also helps temp. consistency with the circulating water.

Back