A few from me (pics added P2)

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out and about on my travels over the weekend to Dudley Zoo

Compared to Chester Zoo, it's tiny :LOL: and the walking is a fair old job on it's own because they decided to build it on the lumpiest bit of Dudley they could find I think..

2860906566_ae1412963f_o.jpg

Red Panda out for a bit of tiffin

2860906296_33f0120484_o.jpg

meerkat on the look out for birdies

2860076681_8c0dac3b38_o.jpg

A pink flamingo

This is probably what the little meerkat was looking for

2860905974_7dca1c70b0_o.jpg

A real, live.....wild urban kestrel :)

We watched it hunting for a wee while......pity I didn't have a bigger lens or a monopod, this shot is a 100% crop of a hand held shot with the 400mm. The bird was about 100ft away too and it was a breezy day with really flat lighting :)

Comments......cash......postcards......all happily accepted :D

I like them especially the flamingo (y)

unusual take on the pink thing I like it (y)
Oh and if you think Dudley is hilly try Whipsnade sometime :D

Oh and if you think Dudley is hilly try Whipsnade sometime :D

:agree: Whipsnade is the best zoo for photography by miles though imho ;)

That's a great set DF (y) I love the flamingo shot, really unusual take. Also loving the meercat, such photogenic critters :)

Good set mate, suprised you remembered which end of your camera to look through :D (y)

Pink flamingo is the winner, great composition!!

Great set, I like those.

Flamingo is a gorgeous shot!

Awwwwwww, thanks for the comments :)

I've actually found my interest in photography again over the last few months. I'd like to say thank you to the cause of this re birth of life and love :)

I've actually found my interest in photography again over the last few months. I'd like to say thank you to the cause of this re birth of life and love :)

(y) Glad to hear it mate. Really pleased for you ;)

All good, but the flamingo shot is the 'wow' image

Thanks for the kind comments all

The flamingo is soooooooo far away from my usual style, so hear that people like it is really nice.

Thanks for the kind comments all

The flamingo is soooooooo far away from my usual style, so hear that people like it is really nice.

well being seen with a camera is pretty drastic for you isn't it? :whistle: ;)

Only joking, very nice set especially the flamingo, but next time please bring me the red panda :D

Really nice set DF but I think number 3 steals the show for me great colours and composition lovely image.

Regards

Nigel

The flamingo is top quality, a great and unusual capture of the bird - my favourite. I like the meerkat nearly as much. The kestrel looks a bit oversharp to me, I'm probably wrong. Any set with an image as good as the flamingo is worth returning to.

I'm chuffed that the flamingo is getting a good reception, it's a totally different style of shot for me so it's been a voyage of discovery so to speak.

Russ.... Re the kestrel, it was a total chance shot. :) it was hunting from outside the zoo. Hand held @ 400mm on a naff day on a target that's moving in the tree....I was surprised to get any sharpness at all :D

I'm chuffed that the flamingo is getting a good reception, it's a totally different style of shot for me so it's been a voyage of discovery so to speak.

Russ.... Re the kestrel, it was a total chance shot. :) it was hunting from outside the zoo. Hand held @ 400mm on a naff day on a target that's moving in the tree....I was surprised to get any sharpness at all :D

I have not seen a shot of a flamingo that gets anywhere near your image - which means that you face a challenge to equal it. Well done on the kestrel given the circumstances.

I love that flamingo shot, the colours, sharpness of the eye and the contrast with the background :clap::clap::clap:

Great set, the meercat and the flamingo for me.. I can't decide which. Good pose on the Meercat, and an unusual take on the flamingo

Love the 1st two cuties :love:
Like everyone else, my fave of the set is the Flamingo, its punchy with a nice clean composition, and a slight abstract feel that takes it into a different class.
I hope youre going to get it printed. (y)

Oh! and who said Flamingo's were boring! :p

Thanks again guys, your kind comments have really lifted my belief in myself.

Glo.....You know what......I think I might get the "flingo" printed and also the Meerkat. I think they'll look nice in the book with the images from the Big cat day.

2866371126_a9d892d105_o.jpg

I want to be a penguin

2866370930_5cb2bd8bb5_o.jpg

European lynx, shooting these was very very difficult at Dudley due to a dirty glass front on the enclosure and a whooping huge glass viewing pyramid inside :(

Aye.....that's the joys of a prime lens :(
If i used the old reebok zoom, there were more distractions around her.

all good, i especially like the red panda. lovely animals

Back