A few more from Badminton

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
This lot are from around the course taken at various fences.

C & C always welcome!

Badminton09-10.jpg

Badminton09-11.jpg

Badminton09-12.jpg

Badminton09-13.jpg

Badminton09-14.jpg

Badminton09-15.jpg

Badminton09-16.jpg

8. Tried a bit of a panorama crop on this one. Not sure though. :D
Badminton09-17.jpg

All very worthy,like #3...has a statuesque feel to it (y)
The dog looks keen for a go :D...'spotted' a tog or two in there also

like those a lot
not sure about #6 as I can't see what the horse is jumping!

Very nice set Colin (y). Nice idea but not sure about the Pano?, maybe lose the X sign in P&P?. #'s 1&7 are my pick. Kind regards Graham.

A very good set of images Colin. My favourites are 1, 2 & 7. Particularly like the composition of 7, the low angle really adds impact. Technical question, do you pre focus on the bar of the jump before recomposing and waiting for the horse to arrive?
Regards

Thanks for the comments, having looked at the 'pano' shot again I can now see that it doesn't work. :D

A very good set of images Colin. My favourites are 1, 2 & 7. Particularly like the composition of 7, the low angle really adds impact. Technical question, do you pre focus on the bar of the jump before recomposing and waiting for the horse to arrive?
Regards

Thanks Barry, for the head on shots I usually track the top of the riders head as they approach the fence, I don't like pre-focusing.

Where the shots sharpened a lot during PP?
I looked at the first one and there is a such a disparity between the horse/rider and the scenery behind that it almost looks like a fake.

Number one's a cracker Colin, it appeals to me both as a photographer and a rider! I'd snap up a copy of that if it was me!!!

Tara

Excellent series, 1 &7 stand out-I think because of their intense expressions.

Thanks for the comments, I thought this thread had died a death! :D

Where the shots sharpened a lot during PP?
I looked at the first one and there is a such a disparity between the horse/rider and the scenery behind that it almost looks like a fake.

Not much done to this at all - I was reasonably close to the fence, the background was quite a distance and I was shooting at f/4 hence the depth of field. Hope this helps and thanks for the comment. (y)

nice stuff, only one I'm not too keen on though is #4, although the look on the dog's face is pretty good :)

Back