A late starting 365 :-(

You do realised you took that picture at ISO800??

Lovely mountains, but would be nicer at 200mm I think. I've used my 70-300 for a few landscape shots and it's great to be able to select what you want to have in the picture.

Thanks jd, I took some others indoors earlier on and must have forgotten to change it back. I must learn to take time to check the settings carefully - learning things like that is one of the reasons that I am doing this!

24. A busy day today, I built a new worktable for the boys so that they have somewhere to draw and paint and make a mess, then Mrs C. needed some new trousers to fit around her expanding tummy so we had to go shopping. And the family wanted a barbequeue for supper tonight and that is MANS WORK (of course) :LOL: . In between it all I managed to find time to get a pen tablet so tonight of course I had to play with it. Thanks to Fab for the idea. The actual picture is not all that great but I hardly had any time to spend time on the actual photo today. Ticky was quickly recruited to come and jump on the bed and here we are...
21032009_Medium_.jpg

love the crocus shot. The paperweight is superb - proper mac/windows background material and I love the idea of chronicling your bump. 2nd one is just perfect, no C&C needed :)

25. I was out walking with the boys today and came across this piece of wood - this shot is taken resting on a stone, with the camera handheld so things are not perfect. I brought it home with me so I will try again in more controlled conditions (i.e. without a 2 and 4 year old trying to throw stones and themselves into a river in the background) sometime soon. :)

22032009_Medium_.jpg

26. I was really busy yesterday and so I only took one single photo - I wanted to remember a book title and so I took this photo with my phone :) The evening was the last lesson in the photo course that I have been attending and we were looking at the photos taken during the course. I was selected (as the model) for the "portrait most likely to please a mother in law" - should I be proud? I don´t have the photo so you will just have to imagine :cautious:

23032009_Medium_.jpg

27. As that photo was more or less unreadable I decided to repeat the effort today and here we have: The Cambrian Fossils of Chengjiang. China. A snip at 76 pounds on Amazon :)
24032009_Medium_.jpg

27. I haven´t been able to spend the time on this that I wanted this week, I have been out late every night so far and it feels like I haven´t really been that creative with these photos. This one was taken from the car while sat in a traffic jam.

25032009_Medium_.JPG

28. This one doesn´t work somehow - I ordered a new car (the old one doen´t have space for 3 child seats next to each other in the back) today and thought that in honour of the occasion I would take a photo of the "fleet" that the boys have...

26032009_Medium_.jpg

29. Today I bought Tanja a bunch of roses :love: (and the kidnapped them for half the evening to photograph them ;) ) so here are a couple of the results.

27032009_2_Medium_.jpg

27032009_1_Medium_.jpg

and here is the work area :) actually Tanja´s sewing table with an Ikea light on a piece of wood - high tech! I have got a few other plans for the rest of the weekend, a light box is being built downstairs and I still fancy trying the oil and water pictures.

27032009_4_Medium_.jpg

30. More gardening
No cloning this time, we bought the boys a mini indoor greenhouse today and they planted it up when we got home. This is Benedict´s hand as he put the name plate into the earth...

28032009_Medium_.jpg

31. A stony road
Sometimes that is what this feels like - though actually today was a good day for photographs. We went out for a walk (the same one we go for at least once every weekend) and even though the weather was terrible I got a few nice shots. I like this one - I have been meaning to do some B&W ones so this is the one that I chose, it is a pile of cobble stones in a builders yard.

29032009_med.JPG

33. A long day at work so an evening in front of the tele... Not much more to add than that really. I am counting down to 2 weeks holiday back in the UK with my family which I am really looking forward to. Chester for easter :)

31032009_Medium_.jpg

34. Missed the day today really, started early and then had visitors in the evening - on the way to bed and still had not got a photo. Here is my alarm clock to prove that I took the photo :rules: Its a photo and it was taken on the first of April :woot:

01042009_Medium_.jpg

35. First trip out on my bike today - I went out with one of the guys at work. I have tired legs now but it feels good. Next week on Wednesday I am at the Manchester Velodrome for a test on the track there. +

02042009_Medium_.jpg

35. The weather finally turned warm and sunny here today so the boys and Tanja were out in a friends garden when I got home - playing with the water pump. I took the opportunity to get a few action shots of the boys. I like this one for the expression on Ticky's face. The others are on my flickr page below.

03042009_Medium_.jpg

Off to England tomorrow...

36. Here I am back in the UK, back in Chester where the country is flat again(unlike Switzerland) and I have the opportunity to take some photos of the sky without the mountains getting in the way :) . We went out for a walk with the boys down to the local playing fields - the same ones that I played in when I was young, this was taken on the way.

04042009.jpg

37. A photo of the dew on the grass whilst playing with the boys in the garden.

05042009.JPG

38. We drove down to the new forest and back to seemy grandmother. 11 hours in the car for a cup of coffee. As my brother said "not reallz viable as a daily commute". :shake:

06042009.JPG

39. Sunny again today despite what the weathermen said. And the windows were covered with water which left this lovely effect...

07042009.JPG

It is not easy to get the time on the computer to upload and process all of these here.

Some nice shots there,

Really like the water on the window, great effect.

The clouds on 36 are great too, shame the sky is a little blown, but not the easiest to take.

I have found a bit more time to put some photos up. The processing is not what you would call precise :( I will try and rework some of them when I get back home.

40. I was at the Manchester velodrome for a "track taster day", I do quite a lot of cycling but this was the first time that I have been on the track - it was a great time, very addictive :) Some professionals came out after us - the GB Paralympic team.

08042009.JPG

41. We were out on the Llangollen Steam Railway - I didn't manage to get a good shot of the locomotives but got this sign at the end station.

09042009.JPG

42. The sunset was terrific, low sun shining into the base of a heavy bank of cloud - here is one of several shots that I took.

10042009.JPG

43. I have discovered a piece of software called Microsoft ICE - you can take a lot of photos and it stitches them together automatically. It gives pretty good results with not too many obvious mistakes. This is a set of photos taken while we were out walking in Delamere Forest and stitched using ICE.

3434795715_4616b6f8de_o.jpg

44. Another Cheshire sky. I really love the sky here.

12042009.JPG

Back