A late starting 365 :-(

62. Today I managed to get out of the office at lunch time to...take a picture of the office :) I am happy to report that this is where I work, not too bad. At least, even on the worst days, I can always enjoy the view. I work in the building just right of centre on the mid line of the photo.

3492143006_f7843e939c_b.jpg

I've never tried stitching a few shots together, is it hard to do??

I wonder what 4 10mm shots together would look like. :)

I tried in GIMP and it was a nightmare - then I discovered Microsoft ICE. Free to download from Microsoft and it is so easy to use. Drag and drop and finished more or less, a bit of tarting up in GIMP and done.

While I was back in the UK I put the camera on a tripod and did a more or less complete sphere - over 36 meg image (from a D40!) and it coped no problem.

As for the 10mm :woot:

63. The Boys.
If there are tougher shots to get than this one of a 2 year old and a 4 year old hugging each other and both (more or less) looking at the camera I hate to think what it might be. It is like herding cats :bang:

02052009_Medium.JPG

I know what it's like, toughest thing in the world, getting your children in front of the camera like that, so well done ;)

64. Today was the village sports day and the boys were taking part in the childrens section. We Cliftons are gifted with two left feet and hands fitted the wrong way round. However, as you can see we do try...

03052009.JPG

That is Christopher racing in the 60m sprint. In the "long distance" we three men crossed the line together - last! :D

65. We are off to a friends wedding at the weekend and there was some work to do on the best man's (my) speech. As it says on the screen it is done now... I have now had a play with photomatix - still not getting the hang of the settings really. Here are the results anyway :crying:

040509_Medium_.jpg

Probably not the best subject matter for HDR, try a landscape shot (or something with more contrast), you will probably find it easier, but Photomatix does take some getting used to and can be very frustrating.

Probably not the best subject matter for HDR, try a landscape shot (or something with more contrast), you will probably find it easier, but Photomatix does take some getting used to and can be very frustrating.

I guessed that this would not be that good, the only contrast effectively was the screens against the rest :crying:

I will give a landscape a try perhaps tomorrow / weds - the family are away so I have time.

Today's has lovely DOF Nic, photomatix takes ages to get the hang of. I actually find that it turns out slightly different to the way it looks tonemapped. It's just really getting the balance right. (not that I'm an expert or anything)

Today's has lovely DOF Nic, photomatix takes ages to get the hang of. I actually find that it turns out slightly different to the way it looks tonemapped. It's just really getting the balance right. (not that I'm an expert or anything)

Thanks (y)

I will keep on working on the HDR - at the moment I am not sure that I have really tried with a good example photo. Most of the ones I have tried have been a bit low on contrast probably.

It does Nic, a jpeg is processed by the camera, it has a lot less dynamic range. With the D40 I used to use a tripod and dial in the exposure compensation on the camera. D40 has no AEB. But if you are lazy, like me, a single raw duplicated 3 times works as well.

For single raw conversions I normally switch the mode to 16bit, change the exposure and save as a TIFF. I do this with a 3 RAW conversion as well. (y)

Well here I am again finally - I was back in Munich at a wedding again for the weekend and it was pretty hectic so lots of photos to sort out and little time to get much done. I have managed to sort out the hundreds from the weekend but now there is just the small case of the processing :bang:

67. On the way to Munich I stopped and took some of a small village in the mountains. They are still on the laptop - so I will load it tomorrow probably.
OK Not the village but the lake next to it (and the mountains of course)

3529037682_963647d42d_o.jpg

68. The grooms last night of freedom! We had missed doing a stag do for reasons that are rather complicated but we made up for it tonight thanks to a nice barman and a bottle of whisky. This shot seems rather apt. I am glad that he had an afternoon wedding.

3526353266_a4e5baafbd_o.jpg

69. I was the best man so had a lot of meeting, greeting, speechifying and chasing drunk lacrosse teams out of the venues to do - I did get a few photos - they are up on my Flickr site - this is one I rather liked of the pudding.

3525546641_bcc5299591_o.jpg

70. and on the Sunday it was mothers day so we all met up in one of Munich's many famous beer gardens and presented the mothers with flowers...
3525546693_b3a561c045_o.jpg

71. Back at work and a team trip out for an evening walk around a bird reserve and a meal out. This was the sunset over the river.
3526353342_9abe3b477f_o.jpg

Last edited:
73. and here we are today's shot, I was out checking the garden and in the field next door the buttercups have taken over...

3529099098_638b29ee7a_o.jpg

I am grumpy that I missed the focus on the uppermost of the flowers though

67 lake/mountain shot is great, really reminds me of The Remarkables near Queenstown in New Zealand

The excitement of BBC?? Are you watching the same channel I am?? :shrug:

Only joking, the stitched one of the lake is great, I still haven't tried to do it yet!! ;)

Stitching is easy it is a bit of a cheat really - I was tempted to do another one today but then I had a go at something else

67 lake/mountain shot is great, really reminds me of The Remarkables near Queenstown in New Zealand

Thanks, it is a remarkable lake called Walensee in the middle of Switzerland - I cannot imagine what the view is like from the top of those mountains opposite. The motorway on this side dissapears into a tunnel for several miles.

74. I was invited to a customer event by Swisscom today up in a posh hotel above Lucerne and was presented by this view. 365 photo in the box! The question was only what to do with it - I have stitched enough recently and I wanted to try a tilt shift effect so here we are...

3530919709_750a34ed15_o.jpg

Back