A new forum - yippee..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup , looking really good....top work Marcel & team :) & some new smilies as well :D

Problem with profile change, get this message
The following error occurred:
Please enter a value for all required fields.

Ok, so am i being thick or blind as can not see a search button anywhere???

It's certainly there on other XenForo forums I use.

Mebbee they need to get the content indexed before it can operate; that could take a while.

What I came in here to say was

Three cheers to the team (especially Marcel, I think/) for all the hard work doing the migration. I don't think you'll need to buy any drinks at the convention next year!:runaway::ty:

Guys, you can't imagine how much work Marcel has put in behind the scenes to get us here! :notworthy:

Thanks a bunch Bod, it's looking fantastic. (y)

ps: Works like a dream on the iPhone too. I love how signatures only show when you turn the phone horizontal :)

No times, date on posts ?

Oh for goodness sake what is this s***e we now got nothing at all wrong with the old one WHY FIX IT WHEN IT AINT BROKE

Dave

No times, date on posts ?

It's there - bottom line in the box. Today's posts seem to be listed as however many hours/minutes ago, older are dated and timed.

Very nice Marcel. Nice and bright. It wasn't broke but 'nowt wrong with a overhaul. :nikon:

It's there - bottom line in the box. Today's posts seem to be listed as however many hours/minutes ago, older are dated and timed.
Doh! Thanks
H

Like going from xp to Windows 7 and looks strange at first but for the better.

Go to your name on the upper right of the page, and hover over it or select it.
Choose "Your Content" from the list of options displayed.
shows nothing for me yet i know i got a load of threads i started but all it say is "No results found." :puke:

As some have said, it will take a while to get used to.
I had the same reaction for another forum I (rarely) am on, when it transitioned from the old vB style to this – mind you that was a good year and so ago, while this software was still relatively in its infancy.
Over time they have added new updates and like all things, you get used to it and the new flow of how it operates.

Anyone remotely curious, have a looksee at www.reallymeansounds.com/forum and you'll get an idea as to how this will look as Marcel tweaks and adds to it.

Regarding the search function – the member above is correct about it being unavailable whilst the site is indexed, so give it a day or so.

Last edited:
shows nothing for me yet i know i got a load of threads i started but all it say is "No results found." :puke:

The info is correct, but won't work until the old content that Marcel backed-up is transferred across and indexed.
Only new threads you started since the transition to this new style will be available to see until then.

Will we be getting the latest photo posts, as were on the old site ?

Like I do.:woot: Increase the colors of pages though, I did prefer the black theme. Dark pages just seem better for viewing images on.(y)

This is certainly going to take a bit of getting used to! I've used my Apple iMacs ability to increase viewing size of web page as initially it was far too small.

Missing the next (thread/previous) button when browsing through forums which was located at the bottom, hope that can be added again at some point ?

I don't want to see all new post just those in photography-discussion section.

When looking for my post the last one was in 2011, which is clearly wrong.

There is going to be a lot of work needed to get back to were the forum was.

Was this a change for change sake or was there a justifiable reason.

Last edited:
Looking fine so far. Just dived into the classifieds, and wanted to mark all threads as read... can't find that button. Is that another of the "temporarily disabled" features (along with search)? If so, fine, if not, it's gonna be a pain....

Love it Bod. Well done mate (y) &Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back