A Picture a day (My 365) . . . Made it to the End!

13th Feb: Chameleon skin shedding. Had a great day with the family at Marwell today, sun was shining and it wasn't busy. Bit depressed my zoom lens is so lame, so had to settle for using my Tamron 90mm Macro lens. I was really happy with the results, considering this critter was in the gloom of the Encounter Village behind dirty glass.

Some other shots from the day are here

473046367_6XDke-L.jpg

Think I was really lucky with the lighting, zero background clutter and no reflection in the glass, phew.

Last edited:
Just looked through your full thread so far mate, some great shots too many to comment on individually but love the bsod one and todays is a great. Well done and keep up the good work mate. (y)

Sean

14th Feb: Rural Dereliction. Had to shoot today's photo early as have a busy weekend. My wife mentioned seeing this barn on her travels the other week, think it looks great. HDR Photomatix processing on 3 shot AEB RAW.

473343224_Mo2Kt-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Really like the futuristic trolley shot. Its amazing what turning an image into a negative can do to an image - really helps to give this one the 'punch' it needs (y)a

Really like the futuristic trolley shot. Its amazing what turning an image into a negative can do to an image - really helps to give this one the 'punch' it needs (y)a

Thanks Chilimonster, that was a desperate shot day, the photoshop processing transformed an otherwise bland picture.

Thanks purpleclouds, not what I planned, but that seems to happen frequently with photography

17/02 looks like material for the 'memory box' to be brought out in years to come, just to reminisce over (y)

Glad you're keeping up with this! There should be some fantastic 365s by 2010
Yeah so far, starting to find it tough going now.

17/02 looks like material for the 'memory box' to be brought out in years to come, just to reminisce over
Thanks Chili, yes felt very proud when it was shoved under my nose :)

18th Feb: Underpass, it's shots like these that make me question what I'm doing, lurking around in an underpass on a cold wet night, god knows what the lady walking her dog thought I was up to. Realised I had my camera on ISO400 when I got back (Doh!), so applied poster edge filter in photoshop.

476275919_Yvh23-L.jpg

I constantly worry about what other people are thinking I'm up to taking some of my shots, the HDR one of the chapel is a prime example. People there praying and I'm lugging about a tripod and camera like someone with a bit of a want...

Yep tough going this week, been a struggle. For some reason I've developed a weird guilty complex about photographing out in public :help:

19th Feb: The Old Griffin. This week is really tough going for inspiration (can you tell?). This 3 shot AEB RAW HDR processed, looked much better converted in extreme B&W

476828822_8ddJB-L.jpg

20th Feb: Street Man, my first candid shot.

477323025_QAEE5-L.jpg

ok a bit lame, but it's a start :)

Last edited:
21st Feb: Manor Farm Barn. Weekends work completed on time for once, so went to the farm park with the family. Liked this particular barn corner, as it was off limits and full of junk. 3 shot AEB, HDR and photoshop to finish.

477857589_iaRft-L.jpg

Didn't notice he had a phone, I had the camera at waste height and was walking double quick (such is my aversion to candid photo taking) :)

Like the content of todays shot, but can't help wondering if it would be better as a high contrast B&W :shrug:

Back