A Picture a day (My 365) . . . Made it to the End!

22nd Feb: Beaulieu Motor Museum. More shots from the day here http://shrubmonkey.smugmug.com/gallery/7425415_wTyKU#478615298_jyQB2. HDR & Photoshop processing.

478645664_CAGbs-L.jpg

Couldn't decide what shot to use from today, but went for this in the end, just due to the unusual angle.

24th Feb: Arghhh!!! I'm in front of the camera, in a homage to the iPod advert kind of way.

480011585_nsr24-L.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, you're right - the colour one is better (y)

And as for today, its like i've taken my migraine medication then had a couple of pints - Trippy :D

Yep today's is 3 different shots, each split into RGB channels, a different channel is kept from each original image, then they are merged back together.

It is a bit mental, hadn't thought of the 3D thing, JD you always seem to see different things in photos :)

26th Feb: This builder was standing outside an old New Look shop, so I decided to give him a 'new look'. Not worked out as I wanted, but will have to do

481263650_iottp-L.jpg

i hate spiders aswell that picture nearly made me freak out , but then i read it was plastic, still scared me though :(

i hate spiders aswell that picture nearly made me freak out , but then i read it was plastic, still scared me though :(

When I saw the spider in with my daughters toy's (and I knew it was plastic) I still had to nudge it first before picking it up, just to be sure :nuts:

27th Feb: Navion Fennia, Southampton Docks. Must admit I do like big ships, prior going to Southampton I like to visit http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS Live/vtsradar.html that provides live radar positioning of Shipping movements and details of the actual ships (type, weight, length, arrival). I missed the Maersk Semarang (big container ship), just saw it above the shops leaving the docks. Damn, maybe I'm becoming a Ship spotter :geek:

481799562_fTGCa-L.jpg

Thanks, she was docked right in front of Mayflower Park, one of the closest points you can get to the big ships. She is 242 meters long, see I'm sad :)

28th Feb: Had a day in Guildford, meeting up with friends, great place lots going on so thought I would find something interesting to photograph. Not what I was expecting, walked past Robin Mullen contemporary art gallery and saw this guy painting a nice city scape. Asked if he would mind my taking a few pics of him in action and he was chuffed, so was I. Tried B&W, but love the colours of the different paintings. Single shot saved with 3 different exposures and HDR processed.

482299935_drvCv-XL.jpg

love the colours in the last picture
I agree with you, it would have been a shame to convert it to B&W.

Hes shoes are funky aswell.

Hello Shrub Monkey :)

I'm a newbie to this forum and just wandering around at the moment - came across your thread, visited your SmugMug gallery to view your shots so far... extremely inspirational and I'm commenting so that I too will be updated as you continue with your 365 challenge :)

My lad has also joined here so I'll point him in this direction... great shots - thanks (y)

Frank

Thanks liss, we went back today and he was still painting the picture, looked really good.

1st Mar: Went back to Guildford after meeting friends there yesterday, to do some shopping. Took lots of nice architecture shots, but grey cloudy sky did them no justice, so settled for this shot of Angel Gate.

482966458_7CM3b-XL.jpg

Oooops didn't notice we were on page 6 . . .

Thanks Chilli, dell, as I mentioned before, went back today and he was still going, really nice painting.

Thanks Frank for your comments, really nice to have new folks views on here, especially ones as nice as yours ;)

Last edited:
Love the TS effect in todays - keep promising myself i'll have a play, but never seem to get the time so (y) to you :)

Thanks Chilli, like the article in recent AP, when talking about tilt lens effect, it was titled 'The Last Resort', very true, when used on a very average (at best) image.

Back