A Sony but which would you suggest?

Edit My Images
No
Hello people,

Im looking at getting a Sony a7 mk4 but I’m curious as to whether an a9 would be better suited for motorsport. Has anyone got experience of both that could share how they found the tracking af and the eye tracking? The 20fps of the a9 is appealing but I’m aware the a9 came out in 2017 so it’s getting on a bit but unfortunately the a9 mk2 is pushing it a bit financially right now.
Any thoughts/opinions you guys have will be greatly appreciated
Cheers!

Hello people,

Im looking at getting a Sony a7 mk4 but I’m curious as to whether an a9 would be better suited for motorsport. Has anyone got experience of both that could share how they found the tracking af and the eye tracking? The 20fps of the a9 is appealing but I’m aware the a9 came out in 2017 so it’s getting on a bit but unfortunately the a9 mk2 is pushing it a bit financially right now.
Any thoughts/opinions you guys have will be greatly appreciated
Cheers!
The A9 is a great camera. The AF is excellent.
I've never used mines for motorsport but for my dog and bif the af locks on quickly and sticks well.....

A7IV is a decent enough camera we have 3 of them, but the A9. A9II or A1 would be the best choice for your needs., The A7IV can't compete in terms of speed and the blackout free shooting makes a huge difference. We also have a couple of A9's and an A9II.

The A7IV does have similar a.f to the A9 but lacks the speed.

Back