A Stormy Day Out In Norfolk ~ Not for the faint hearted ;o)

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
We went for a drive in Norfolk yesterday. It was raining on and off, so didn't get out so much.

However we had a break in the rain while at Cromer, so I took the opportunity to get some shots of the beach huts, something I have wanted to do for ages. We saw another tog while there on the beach, who then climbed up the steps behind us .. was it you? ;)

Ooooh I nearly posted the image :LOL: I've just remebered that I've entered it in this month Contrast comp. Now that was close :LOL:

Then we worked our way back home, stopping of at Hunstanton for a last coffee break. There was a storm forming just offshore, and as we sat there we saw numerous bolts of lightning, none of which I managed to capture ... not for want of trying though :LOL:

Instead of giving up I decided to make the most of what was there. Which resulted in a portrait (as opposed to landscape) panorama. I hope you like it! It has been processed, but not overly so, the light blue colour you can see is exactly how it was! I presume this was because it was an electric storm. I could just imagine all the bolts of energy zapping around within the clouds.

2645966487_8c804f27d6_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jo
xxxx

Last edited:
That's an awesome photograph Jo. Those clouds are absolutely amazing. Great capture :clap:

That is one ugly sky Jo! ( in the nicest possible way) :clap:
looks even better on the bigger version (y)

Did you hear the crack of doom as well? Great cloud.

that is awesome! mind if i use it as my desktop wallpaper? wish i could use photoshop like that :( and capter a chot like that!

That is pretty good Jo (y)

The clouds, well that is just fantastic stuff (y)

Tony

Uttery terrific photograph Jo :clap:

That is fantastic, well done............:clap:

that is awesome! mind if i use it as my desktop wallpaper? wish i could use photoshop like that :( and capture a shot like that!

I would love to say yes, but if I say yes to one I have to say it to all. So I'm sorry but no ... unless you want to purchase it, then of course that's a different matter, and you will find the shot on my site, linked in my signature on my OP. I am flattered though, so thank you ;)

Jesus ****ing christ, what an AWESOME SKY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

A million pats on the back from me - You might need this

Gary.

:LOL: :LOL:

Thanks everyone, I chuffed you all like it so much :D

Wow!

Cloud doesn't come any more evil then that, great stuff Jo. :clap:

:confused: OK, you're all starting to make me blush now :LOL: Thank you!

Gives me the creeps. Excellent shot.

That's the best sky shot I've seen in a long, long time.

Bob

great shot jo, although going against the crowd i think more foreground so it isn't cut off would be better

Yep, my sentiments follow the crowd. Incredibly dramatic sky, superb pic. Subtle tonemapping?

great shot jo, although going against the crowd i think more foreground so it isn't cut off would be better

It did have plenty to begin with, but once I had stitched it I found my body obviously loses height as I twist from the waste :LOL: I lost a lot of the foreground because of this when I had to crop the stitched shots.

Yep, my sentiments follow the crowd. Incredibly dramatic sky, superb pic. Subtle tonemapping?

Yes it has had a touch of tone mapping (but only my usual small amount), the main function I used in PP was the old clarify button ;)

Thanks again everyone :D

Sorry, but I don't like it.........

Actually I love it. Excellent shot :clap: :D

Jo, looked at this a few times tonight, it is simply brilliant....................:clap:

That is one damn fine photograph Jo - words fail me - genius shot!

:confused: At this rate I am going to have to get the doorways in this house widened :LOL:

Thank you all!

That is truly outstanding. There's real depth and drama in those clouds, without even thinking of converting to B+W it's got impact, would have loved to have seen that.

Thank you!

Talk about being in the right place at the right time, that is one helluva picture Jo, you have really caught the moment brilliantly :clap::clap:

It was pure luck that we were there really. However I have found that Hunstanton produces some amazing skies. Either that or we are just lucky that every time we go there is either a brilliant sunset, fluffy clouds or storm fronts. I think next time it's forecast storms there, we will be heading back out. This time I'll have a tripod and make sure I get more foreground :LOL:

Stunning.

Back