About To Push The Boundaries...

Opened up the thread saw the image and thought ‘bugger that’s good’
The processing works, the magazine head line fits in with the image and it made me want to know more …about Luke Woodford.

I’ve just spend some time going through all your web site images and I think it’s quite apparent that you are certainly far more than a wedding photographer. I love the St Pancras reception photos, the thought and talent of the photographer shouts out in this set. The child collection is fun and again far more enticing than most child photo’s.
I think we will be hearing more of the name Luke Woodford in future but please try to keep your feet slightly on the ground and remember ‘us’ amateurs that enjoyed looking at your imagery.
regards
Cyb

I cant change my sig for some reason, my main website is http://www.livethroughimages.com

Check it out, its being changed around a bit at the moment though.

Just looked at your website and you have a nice style which i like.

The image that you have presented is an impacting one. One that is stricking and controversial.

your choice of processing is fitting to the subject and your girlfriend has a lot of emotion in her expression.

I can understand what you are trying to do, but;

Your image is too "set up" to me there is no natural feel to it and it looks rehearsed for the purpose of being controversial.

False is not a word that i would like to use but its the only one that fits, if that makes sense.

I would have liked to have seen the needle in your hand, slightly out of site and make the viewer search for it, as it seems there has been no thought behind where to put it.
Without trying to sound pervy, your girlfriend needs to take her bra off and you need to show that in your image. This is where the real dirt is for this image.

This is what the image is lacking for me.

I shall follow this with interest.

Yeah I totally agree with everything you say on this but I don't mind the fact it looks a bit set up really, not for this image. It's was just a portrait before the actual shoot.

Good luck Luke. I hope it all goes to plan mate.. No pressure...;):LOL:

I had a rummage around your site Luke and there are some fantastic images!! My only comment would be to make sure you have a PRS licence for the music you use on your site, I had a call from the PRS police the other day. Fortunately I have a licence (Bloody expensive for sure!) if you push your boundaries, don't forget the red tape :(

I had a rummage around your site Luke and there are some fantastic images!! My only comment would be to make sure you have a PRS licence for the music you use on your site, I had a call from the PRS police the other day. Fortunately I have a licence (Bloody expensive for sure!) if you push your boundaries, don't forget the red tape :(

I agrees some very impressive pics - I would say get rid of the music altogether though personally. It's a real no-no for me.

I agrees some very impressive pics - I would say get rid of the music altogether though personally. It's a real no-no for me.

Usually I agree, but I think the Stereophonics he has playing alongside the street gallery works pretty well.

I hope everything goes well for you dude, looking forward to seeing your images.

fingers crossed that you are happy with them, if you are, that's all that matters!

looking forward to seeing your images Luke :) best of luck with it

BTW, fabulous site!!!

Really like this photo and the story behind it...another one waiting for the BIG push!

Wouldn't mind a bit of info on the PP for this one when you get time.

Cheers

Rob

This image
Kicksmajorbutt.jpg
Well done!

You've posted a shot for critique, but also said that this isn't the real thing, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to do :) (and I'm mostly posting to subscribe to the thread)
but like you Luke, I agree with the fox:
There is nothing there to explain why the magazine is there.

I would liked to have seen a camera in your right hand giving for some connection between you and the mag:)
I don't really like the mag in the shot at all (I do like the image though), but if that's the story perhaps it could be abandoned, like you were smacking up while doing your job, rather than looking like a posed shot.

You've posted a shot for critique, but also said that this isn't the real thing, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to do

To be fair, he hasn't asked for critique, or posted a 'Critique' prefix to the thread title. This was merely a way of telling us to expect something special. Takes some balls to post something like this though, the pressure is now well and truly there to deliver.

good, but took 900 photos so not going to rush picking, we had a theme but did different things within the theme. Not going to rush photos at this stage. Do bare in mind it was a very long shoot :)

Great stuff. Dont rush though, editing is just as important as shooting!

You've posted a shot for critique, but also said that this isn't the real thing, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to do :) (and I'm mostly posting to subscribe to the thread)
but like you Luke, I agree with the fox:
I don't really like the mag in the shot at all (I do like the image though), but if that's the story perhaps it could be abandoned, like you were smacking up while doing your job, rather than looking like a posed shot.

Ok to clarify again I did the portrait because i'm doing (now done) a shoot which involves heroin pushing the boundaries a bit so the photo makes sense when the photos are done. I definately didn't post it for critique, I dont post any photos on the forum for actual critique anymore. This was simply to share and the portrait was shot for a bit of fun.

On another note only another 456 photos to go through. :nuts:

To be fair, he hasn't asked for critique, or posted a 'Critique' prefix to the thread title. This was merely a way of telling us to expect something special. Takes some balls to post something like this though, the pressure is now well and truly there to deliver.

Im very very happy with the resluts and I did very much hype it, I like having the pressure but from this shoot I am not expecting to be in the magazine, just one step closer ;)

Luke, seeing as there is so much controversy over your statement in the OP that you are "pushing the boundaries", why not edit it to read "pushing my boundaries"? It's totally accurate and far less likely to be interpreted as 'hype' or 'arrogance' (or whatever it is that some people think it sounds like :|). Still, perhaps you feel that it's too late for that now - maybe next time ;).

While we're on the topic of wording; how about editing your photo so that the headline on the cover looks less like, "The 25 Bad Boys Up Photography" than it does now :D!? Or is this some cryptic photographic reference to "shooting up" :naughty:?

OK, back in my box now :bonk: ....

Should have used the BJP instead of Proffesional Photographer Luke;) Can't wait to see the finished results of the project.

Do you think you'll be editing all 475 of the photos or will you take that down to a more sensible number and and edit them?

Should have used the BJP instead of Proffesional Photographer Luke;) Can't wait to see the finished results of the project.

Do you think you'll be editing all 475 of the photos or will you take that down to a more sensible number and and edit them?

Ive basically taken it down to 90 now, i wack a bit of processing on most of the photos fromthe shoot to give me a fiar idea though. I'm going to go through them once more in a bit to try and get it down to like 60. then im showing everyone fromthe shoot to find out their faves. then ill finish off a set of about 15 probably. Well thats the plan :nuts:

Just out of interest and a bit OT, who are the 25 Bad Boys of photography?

I have limited myself to one photo mag a month, the BJP!:)

come on man, some of us have work to do...

Back