Actual new 35mm AF compact coming

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys. I couldn't say anything earlier but now that Bellamy's announced it on the CameraVentures SaveAnalogue live stream in Finland I can :0)

IMG_8886.JPG

It's a brand new 35mm AF compact camera with bluetooth connectivity and manual controls. He's working on the final design now and is intending on launching Summer 2018.

Last edited:
Perhaps it can talk to your smartphone over bluetooth and order another roll of Superia when the frame counter reaches 24?

I think there's a place for a crossover camera. We're lucky in that there are probably millions of legacy analogue cameras available to us already so having something that combines legacy and future is a good thing.

Shame the digital insert for 35mm bodies never came to anything. Still got several film compacts kicking about and a fresh TLR to play with after I've had it CLAed. IIRC there's a firm local to me that can do the CLA - just needs me to GOMFA!!!

Perhaps it can talk to your smartphone over bluetooth and order another roll of Superia when the frame counter reaches 24?
Now that I like, apart from the Superia bit, because it's a bit s***e IMHO. Now if it can order some more Tri-X and Portra for me then I'd very happy.

Hi guys. I couldn't say anything earlier but now that Bellamy's announced it on the CameraVentures SaveAnalogue live stream in Finland I can :0)

View attachment 111002

It's a brand new 35mm AF compact camera with bluetooth connectivity and manual controls. He's working on the final design now and is intending on launching Summer 2018.

That should be ahem... 'dank' cos presumably the Bluetooth/phone app will geotag and do all the other exif stuff that we take for granted on a digital camera. No more writing it down/forgetting! I want it on all my analogue s***!

Looks like a left handed nex 7
Projection of bottom not top, so the grip is on the right hand side when looking through view finder from the back of the camera.
Old fashioned way of draughting, what looks to be a top plan view on the top right of the drawing is in fact a view of the under side of the camera.
Matt

Last edited:
There's an interview with Bellamy Hunt about the project on emulsive.org.

http://emulsive.org/articles/news/e...alks-emulsive-new-35mm-compact-camera-project

Fun fact: If you watch the cameraventures live stream that's linked from Em's article above, around 45 minutes in Bellamy gets distracted by his mobile. Me and a few others were suggesting random (mainly inappropriate!) names for the new camera that he was about to announce in a group chat to try and put him off [emoji6]

Back