weekly Adamski 52 for 2023 Wk 37 Hollow

Unsightly but it looks like it could be the source of a lot of different images...

Fits the bill and a nice composition too. The line of bright bollards really make the shot.

Unsightly but it looks like it could be the source of a lot of different images...

Thanks folks.

It's not the best but I was that way and thought why not. I am trying to get a boat load of work done and completed before my holiday end of next week so haven't had a lot of time to get the gear out.

Well there was around one hour of sun today prior to the continuing rain. My wife purchased some of these for me for my birthday and I wanted to take a few images with the sigma 105 F2.8 macro that I accidentally brought myself (LOL).

They are the mini / small orchids and I tried to compose the shot so that it had a soft natural light against the brick background and then play around with the aperture and LR to give it a bit of a dreamy look. Not sure I am 100% set on it but it is about as good as I can get with the skills I have lol.

Last edited:
I don't know if you've noticed, but my sigma 105mm 2.8 macro has rarely been off my camera since I got it this year.

Takes a bit of getting used to, you've nailed the focus and dof here. Giving you the BG you were looking for. Sounds like you ran out of time as much as anything but I think a bit more light into / across the flower could have lifted it.

Good work.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry I'm going to be away now for a few weeks, back 21/8.

I will get some images for the weekly themes and post them as catch ups if that's okay.

I'm on my way to USA Disney with the G9, GX9 and a couple of lenses so will capture some images that fit the themes and post them when back.

May be slightly out of sync with days though.

Thx

Wk 30 Window

Had to lean over the wife to grab a series of these and this was about the best one.

Wk 31 Abandoned

Poor little droids.....

Wk 32 Possession(s)

My ice-cream and boy it was needed in those temps

Wk 33 Machine

From the Fast and Furious ride in Universal

So back from Disney and some snaps taken on my old phone (didn't take my new one as the old work phone has free calls and data roaming) and my GX9 with PL 12-60.

Hopefully they tick the boxes and let me catch up.

I will try and catch up on the various posts you have all made in the coming week or so.

Last edited:
That's one great looking machine Adam! :)

Only place I have been bar work this week is to a car show with my son (Gravity).

Tried to get some nice car pictures but it was just so busy that managing to capture a vehicle in its entirety without people standing around or walking through the shot was difficult.

I thought cars, or something car related would be good for circle(s) and stumbled across this little car. Couldn't do a fat lot about the light / reflections but if you look at the headlights (which are circles) you can see other circles within them.

So that is about as good as it got for me this week as catching up on work and things following the holiday. We still haven't even looked through the images I took whilst away with my GX9.

Snappers choice and I managed to get the camera out for a quick bit of macro in the garden.

This spider had caught something in its web, so I snapped a few during the day and then went out again a little later with the flash to see what was going on.

Whatever it was it kept the thing busy eating for a good few hours.

Reactions: nog
Great spider shots
The hairs on it's legs look more like thorns

Week 36 and trying to do things that are not my typical / style / norm.

In the ideal world I would liked to have moved the table from behind the image as it is right by the tip of the straw, but I couldn't :)

Still keeping my eyes peeled for more, but I am trying to think outside the box for my content.

Reactions: nog
Nice blue bubbles, just wondering do they always match the straw colour to the drink our just coincidence. Guess that is a healthy? blueberry

Urban - good wide capture... definitely ticks the box
Hollow - works for me. Well done for getting out of your comfort zone. It's not easy!

Not catching much of a break at the moment so I'm just going to pause my 52 here for now.

I'm behind a few weeks and work is manic, so by the time I'm able to get stuck in again I'll probably be 6/7/8 weeks behind.

Once life calms down and I can actually get my camera out for a few hours, I will see where the challenge is at, and perhaps just do the ones from that point.

We had a family bereavement last week which is the main issue at the moment, so it's just not top of my priority list. I'm buying another business which is taking time, as well as running my business and helping some of the academic bodies within my profession update study materials and create a new qualification for January. Just some background info as to why I'm strapped for time and have fallen behind.

Sorry folks.
Adam

Back