weekly Adamski 52 for 2023 Wk 37 Hollow

No, neither had I. Wife had talked about them as we are national trust members however we had never been. As we were over that way, we popped over and had a look around. There aren't many there, but it is very interesting to see that people lived in these houses until around 1960 (ish) I believe and only then because the well / water supply went bad (so I was informed).

Cool shot of the rock house - amazing how there is lines of brickwork in the rock face!

Love that the door is rectangular and the fish eye aspect is apparent around the edges. (That's probably how they work, but hopefully you know what I mean!)

Great capture Adam. Do you know if it was carved into the hillside or just takes advantage of a natural cave/opening?

Looking for something that isn't just a pile of rubbish, or bins. So far I have this from a quick walk prior to the thunder and lightening hitting on Tuesday.

I tried to compose the shot so that the lamppost wasn't sticking out of the top of the signpost, but couldn't. I will keep my eyes peeled and see if I sport something else.

That works and it has nice clouds I wouldn’t worry about getting anything else

Irregular certainly fits the theme and the fish eye lens works really well with the picture, grand designs had a programme on a rock house, IIRC it is now a holiday home/airbnb. Rubbish fits the the theme and background is interesting

Take my hat off to those who are good at still life photography as I couldn't get mine to look anything like the image I had in my head. No matter where I put things, it all looked staged.

Anyway, I am listening to some sounds, from the Ministry of Sound! Bit of a play on words I guess. Gave me a chance to play around with the brushes and masking in lightroom also.

Wk 25 snappers choice.

I have been enjoying a little Macro action recently and try to find tiny little things to take images of around the garden.

I spotted this little blue flower (no idea what it is). To me it looks like it has tiny little blue ribbons inside it and the colours are lovely.

Not the most interesting of image, but nature is beautiful and I like macro photography because it shows me things I take for granted in completely new ways. This was a 5 image, ev bracket stack in lightroom (and I have learnt how to do it in photoshop now - which is very similar to Affinity).

Last edited:
Nice shot Adam. Looks like a Cornflower.

Cracking shot, this would of been so difficult 10 years a go, PS and similar really are wonderful things.

Thanks @HelenC and @Baloo

I am sat at work, so shouldn't really be on here but I am also working on a new photography workflow whilst sat at the desk lol.

It was taken handheld with my 24-105 which has 0.5 macro. The software is amazing, but I try not to go over the top with things as I feel (and it is just my opinion) that editing the images too much takes away from the actual photography side of things. I mean this flower is blue, not red, or a mixture, so I try and keep things pretty basic in the editing.

I have just had a family friend (friend of my brother) ask to buy one of my images on a metal frame, so I will be doing more on that over the weekend. I haven't had any images printed myself, although my wife likes a few of them. I am not looking at doing this as a business, I try and do it as a hobby to take my mind off things and to relax (although I still get frustrated with my output more often than not). Over the weekend I will comment on other peoples threads also :)

Thanks for the kind words though.
Adam

Beautiful little Cornflower Adam and I really like your "watching" set. Numbers 2 and 4 get my vote!

Cheers @Darkslinger, I am torn between number 2 or number 4. Took me ages to get number 2 as I took so many shots but only have one where the deer's ears were both out like that. All the rest were one ear up, down, behind head. Number 4 was a funny little duck who actually approached me and just stood there, probably expecting food, so it was much easier to capture.

Last edited:
Quackin' photo Adam :naughty:

Agree with you, 2 and 4 my choice as well. The deer seems to be checking you out and the duck looks as though it's on a mission - to get food. Both lovely shots

I like your chosen shot out of a nice selection... that look is a little threatening!

Cornflower is really good, and the female mallard is my face marvellous - great eye contact!

Last edited:
Lovely strong black behind the torn section, and good lighting to bring out the dried veins too.
Beautiful colour.

Lovely shot Adam :)

Phone one for me this week.

Quick walk down Bradford Street and you can see the old, unsightly buildings standing between the new developments.

Tried to frame the image with four bollards in it (there were no more to the right) and I had to crop out the bus stop to the left. Managed to capture a little motion in the car also.

Fits the bill and a nice composition too. The line of bright bollards really make the shot.

Back