Adobe cc price increase incoming

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this has been brought up here already, I've not seen it so just a heads up for anyone that may not have seen the email or are thinking of signing up.

Just received the below email notifying of their new prices. This is for the light room and photoshop subscription. Not sure what the prices will go up to on the full suite.

Dear David Walker,
We hope you are enjoying your subscription to the world-class products and services Adobe provides to help you do your best work. We wanted to share some important information about your renewal price.
As part of doing business globally, Adobe monitors currency exchange rates in order to make adjustments to our pricing up or down as needed. You may be aware that currency exchange rates have fluctuated significantly over the last few years. As a result of recent changes in exchange rates in your region, the price of Adobe products and services is increasing starting on 6 March 2017.Learn more ›
The current price of Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan will change to £10.10 per month incl. VAT on 6 March 2017. As an Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan subscriber, the price for your subscription won’t be impacted during your current subscription term. However, at the time of your renewal, which is scheduled for 28 September 2017, your price will change to reflect the then current local currency price. We’ll be sure to send you a reminder email with your new renevewal price as your renewal date gets closer.
Thank you for being a valued customer. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the latest innovations from Adobe as part of your subscription.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this change or your renewal.
Thank you,
Adobe

That will be a £3.12p per month increase in two years for me, £37.44 a year increase in two years,its a great program but they have not IMO increased its functionality that much.

Increase will be applied from your renewal date rather than the March increase date.
Worth the money IMO :)

That will be a £3.12p per month increase in two years for me, £37.44 a year increase in two years,its a great program but they have not IMO increased its functionality that much.

It has nothing to do with increased functionality. It's the exchange rate that's caused an increase.

However, While LR hasn't changed much, PS has has quite a few improvements. Still excellent value IMO

Last edited:
Do the licences you can buy on Amazon have an expiration date? Might pick one up now and then use that when my subscription runs out.

In my part of the world, I've received notification of a FIFTY percent increase due to 'currency fluctuations'. I've already spoken to their rep who was offering cut and paste answers as to how ridiculous it was to hike the price by 50 percent and blame it on currency movement. Seriously considering cancelling and going back to my old 'paid for' versions.

Will it go back down when the £ picks up?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I completely understand the economics of international trade and the reason for increasing prices in certain areas due to currency fluctuations. But the idea of a company willingly using the same reason to justify reducing the cost of their products? Ha!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I completely understand the economics of international trade and the reason for increasing prices in certain areas due to currency fluctuations. But the idea of a company willingly using the same reason to justify reducing the cost of their products? Ha!
Yes. That was pretty much my reaction to my own question!

"The current price of Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan will change to £8.42 per month incl. VAT on 6 March 2017."

I've had a price decrease :banana:

Currently paying £8.57

The problem for Adobe is that the alternatives are getting to the point where they are perfectly acceptable to many more basic users.
Especially amateur photographers.

Couldn't agree more! DxO optics 8 and above is pretty well featured so long as you run canon and nikon which realistically will cover a hell of a lot of enthusiasts who don't have the latest bodies. It's just brands like Fuji or some of the MF guys who may not have raw support. You can get around that with the software the bodies come with in the most part though. Add to that the fact you can get a reasonably up to date copy for either free or very little and that could very well be the reason behind the prices increases.

What's that rumbling sound I can hear?

Oh, it's the sound of hundreds of feet marching away from Adobe!

Are there any viable alternatives that include a decent file management system (all the alternatives I'm aware of don't - maybe DXO)?

We'll see. I think it may be that I'm vat registered and am invoiced using the reverse charge scheme. In that case it's a small increase of around £8/year

Mine will go up to £8.42 in May and includes VAT. Yours will probably be the same. Worth every penny for me.

I had the same email yesterday.... Not really Earth shattering and Its only 1 less pint a month for me so not sure its going to change my life enough to warrant cancelling it.

I had the same email yesterday.... Not really Earth shattering and Its only 1 less pint a month for me so not sure its going to change my life enough to warrant cancelling it.
Yes, but many users don't really need it. And may take this as the nudge to change to something cheaper. Especially hobbyists.

What I can't understand is why there is a difference in the monthly payments. From what I can read on here, prices seem to vary between £8.42 and £10.10 a month. You would have thought it would have all been the same price for the UK.

Yes, but many users don't really need it. And may take this as the nudge to change to something cheaper. Especially hobbyists.

That's true, as I really use the lightroom mostly and then smash the pixels with NIk [emoji2]

What I can't understand is why there is a difference in the monthly payments. From what I can read on here, prices seem to vary between £8.42 and £10.10 a month. You would have thought it would have all been the same price for the UK.

£8.42 + VAT @ 20% = £10.10 ... it's just being shown with or without VAT :)

£8.42 + VAT @ 20% = £10.10 ... it's just being shown with or without VAT :)

Not for me it isn't.

From my email the other day from Adobe. "The current price of Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan will change to £8.42 per month incl. VAT on 6 March 2017".

Not for me it isn't.

From my email the other day from Adobe. "The current price of Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan will change to £8.42 per month incl. VAT on 6 March 2017".
I suspect that your email is in error :)

Don't know about that, the Transform and Radial Filter tools are both fairly recent and still CC only I believe. They've both added significant improvements to Lightroom.

I only pay £7.04 with VAT at the moment so I don't think it is an error :)
I have been paying £6.85/month (inc. VAT) - but that was with the Photo Serge discount. So the increase almost doubles the cost for me.

Has anyone found a discount method that works with a renewal?

Good for you then (y)
It appears from following all the other previous threads, that different people got different deals, god knows how that works.

For me though, I tried the 30 day trial and went back to CS5.
2 main reasons
1) I'm suspicious of "cloud based" anything. The plug is there to be pulled at any time, and as above price increased and you are kinda committed.
2) CS5 is bought and paid for, and its mine. OK I know there will come a time when it will be un supported, but it does everything I need it to do in its current guise.

I have been paying £6.85/month (inc. VAT) - but that was with the Photo Serge discount. So the increase almost doubles the cost for me.

Has anyone found a discount method that works with a renewal?
That looks like a bargain as I pay £8.57 until ....

It depends on if you are VAT registered or not. If you are VAT registered then you pay £8.42 but you have to declare it on your VAT return as a reverse charge.

It appears from following all the other previous threads, that different people got different deals, god knows how that works.

2 main reasons
1) I'm suspicious of "cloud based" anything. The plug is there to be pulled at any time, and as above price increased and you are kinda committed.
2) CS5 is bought and paid for, and its mine. OK I know there will come a time when it will be un supported, but it does everything I need it to do in its current guise.

I very much doubt Adobe would pull the plug on the cloud based CC, it is regular revenue and has done a great deal to end the chronic pirating of their previous standalone products ... it has to be win-win for them.
I have CS6 but it is already unsupported to a degree and the CC offering is not only up-to-date but has some very useful enhancements, e.g. Dehaze.
By comparison NPower has just announced energy increases of 10-15%.

2 main reasons

Exactly the reason I have PhotoshopCS 5.5 and bought Lightroom 6 upgrade (supposed to be the last standalone version)

Back