Adobe cc price increase incoming

Exactly the reason I have PhotoshopCS 5.5 and bought Lightroom 6 upgrade (supposed to be the last standalone version)
Lightroom really needs to stay standalone. Because if you stop paying, it's a lot harder to migrate an entire collection to something else, without loss. With Photoshop it's much easier to just to carry on with another application. They can read PSD files if needed. Elements even. And any loss is on a picture by picture basis. Not your entire folder structure.
People will be very wary about committing to monthly payments for their entire library in Lightroom.

Last edited:
Lightroom really needs to stay standalone. Because if you stop paying, it's a lot harder to migrate an entire collection to something else, without loss.
If you stop paying for CC you just stay with the version currently installed on your PC. It doesn't suddenly stop working. It's no different to buying the standalone and choosing not to buy the next version that comes out. The only significant loss if you stop paying the subscription is the Mobile synch.

If you stop paying for CC you just stay with the version currently installed on your PC. It doesn't suddenly stop working. It's no different to buying the standalone and choosing not to buy the next version that comes out. The only significant loss if you stop paying the subscription is the Mobile synch.

And the develop module.

Not heard of that before but it's good to hear it will still work but without updates :) (y)

Not heard of that before but it's good to hear it will still work but without updates :) (y)

Note this only applies to Lightroom, Photoshop will not function after 30 days as it will have reverted to a trial.

And the develop module.
It looks like I'm wrong and Elliott's right, but even on the Adobe support pages I can find different answers to "What happens if I unsubscribe?" that conflict on whether LR carries on working or not (with respect to the Develop module).

However, it does seem that if you ring Adobe to cancel and work through the spiel used to get you to stay with the subscription it's possible to get 2 free months as an incentive not to cancel, which is the equivalent of a 15% discount.

I very much doubt Adobe would pull the plug on the cloud based CC
I don't either but it was a general suspicion of all cloud stuff, and the price increases that they can liniment. But they can't do that once you have the disc.

IIRC it doesn't have the fill bucket tool, I like that one :D

If you stop paying for CC you just stay with the version currently installed on your PC. It doesn't suddenly stop working.
So what's to stop anyone signing up pay a couple of months and cancel?
ie CC for 20 quid.
Or am I misunderstanding your post?

If you stop paying it stops working. You get to keep your pictures but you may be limited as to what you can do with them and if you use one of the standalone versions of PS you won't get the CC specific developments.

If you stop paying it stops working.
That was how I understood it too, but Alistair seemed to think otherwise, hence my question.

So what's to stop anyone signing up pay a couple of months and cancel?
ie CC for 20 quid.
Or am I misunderstanding your post?

Cancel and Lightroom will continue to work with limitations but Photoshop will revert to a 30-day trial.

Cancel and Lightroom will continue to work with limitations but Photoshop will revert to a 30-day trial.
Cheers Roger :)

Just as a heads up for everyone for the last two years I have bought the 12 months licence from Amazon during Black Friday for £69.99 instead of going for the monthly subscription and it equates to £5.80 per month, not a massive saving but better in our pockets.

Doesn't have a decent/any catalogue feature, if it did I'd be all over it.
I never used the lightroom library I created my own simple system years ago that seems to work ok for me and has done for years :)

Yeah it only drops temporarily during the black Friday deals so i set a reminder in CamelCamelCamel so I don't miss it, I have put the price drop below to show the movement in price.

Does this apply to everyone or only Prime?

Use Digikam for the library management, and it can open-in-Affinity or any other application of your choice for editing.
Cheers Ian I just might look into Digikam (y)

I know most people dislike Apple photos(mac users only of course) but i love the cataloging part

It appears from following all the other previous threads, that different people got different deals, god knows how that works.

For me though, I tried the 30 day trial and went back to CS5.
2 main reasons
1) I'm suspicious of "cloud based" anything. The plug is there to be pulled at any time, and as above price increased and you are kinda committed.
2) CS5 is bought and paid for, and its mine. OK I know there will come a time when it will be un supported, but it does everything I need it to do in its current guise.

Same here.

I think I will cancel my subscription and will probably buy the standalone version of lightroom and forget photoshop. It is a shame Apple discontinued Aperture in favour of the photos app as I would have just gone back to using that.

I have always steered well clear of cc as I knew it would go up, as said by others here pretty obvious!! I think both lightroom(6) which I have and photoshop (cs5) are very advanced tools for my ability and won't need updating anytime soon. both programmes are paid for and can't be charged again or increased in price, so unless you are pro editing I don't see the point of paying indefinitely. just my 2p worth cheers Mike. my question if support was pulled for cc what would happen to your editing suite?

I have always steered well clear of cc as I knew it would go up, as said by others here pretty obvious!! I think both lightroom(6) which I have and photoshop (cs5) are very advanced tools for my ability and won't need updating anytime soon. both programmes are paid for and can't be charged again or increased in price, so unless you are pro editing I don't see the point of paying indefinitely. just my 2p worth cheers Mike. my question if support was pulled for cc what would happen to your editing suite?

Why would they pull support for CC? That's a daft question.

And what if Apple go bust, or Microsoft or phase one (they own capture one) or google or Facebook or any other company we've come to rely on.

What if you walk out your front door tomorrow and get hit by a bus?
i'd make sure i got a photo of the bus ;)

Was due to cancel my cc as i now have sony express C1 for free,when i did it adobe offered options. Full year at £6.85 perhaps because that was what i was paying or a free 2 months.i declined as im going fully C1 but others might benefit,
Also if you sign up for free to Serge Ramellis website there is a link for 20% off lightroom cc,thats how i got the original £6.85 price
Hope this helps but ive said goodbye

Was due to cancel my cc as i now have sony express C1 for free,when i did it adobe offered options. Full year at £6.85 perhaps because that was what i was paying or a free 2 months.i declined as im going fully C1 but others might benefit,
Also if you sign up for free to Serge Ramellis website there is a link for 20% off lightroom cc,thats how i got the original £6.85 price
Hope this helps but ive said goodbye

Just signed up and all I was offered was 50% off his courses for 48hrs :(

Edit - google helped me out https://creative.adobe.com/promo/PhotoSergeCCPP?sdid=KTVUT

Last edited:
I enrolled in the CC programme in September 2013 and the first increase in price will take effect on my renewal in September 2017, after 4 years constant price I don't think there is too much to complain about.

Back