Adobe Lightroom Trial

I would be surprised if any features are available after the trial has ended.

A week trial now? it used to be 30 days. Is that fo rthe CC version or the standalone product?

It may be the CC one, as it installed CC at the same time. I didn't realise there were different types.

The CC is about £10 every month and the Standalone is a one off £100 or was when I got it, as I have both but next month I am sacking the CC as for what I do in editing £10 every month is not good for me.

I have these.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-6-full-version-1572286/

http://www.wexphotographic.com/adobe-photoshop-premiere-elements-15-macwin-1610562/

Last edited:
Think it becomes mostly unusable after the trial period IIRC. There are plenty of good free software. DXO is normally gives away their older versions for free and if you are not using the latest and greatest cameras it'll probably work very well for you (thought I think they only give this away at certain times in the year).

Ok you can not use the develop module but it certainly does aloow you to use the first lirary page along with the basic editing and library sortage
Options which were predominately what i found most useful,you cant do lens corrections ,photo merge etc but for shadow recovery highlights blacks whites sharpening etcetc its just perfect and ive used it for a couple of years so far absolutely free

Ok you can not use the develop module but it certainly does aloow you to use the first lirary page along with the basic editing and library sortage
Options which were predominately what i found most useful,you cant do lens corrections ,photo merge etc but for shadow recovery highlights blacks whites sharpening etcetc its just perfect and ive used it for a couple of years so far absolutely free
Excellent! This is perfect for stopping me from over doing the PP!

The CC is about £10 every month and the Standalone is a one off £100 or was when I got it, as I have both but next month I am sacking the CC as for what I do in editing £10 every month is not good for me.
Remember that for your first year you have the option of the 20% PhotoSerge discount, and for year two the two-free-month cancellation gambit. So there's potentially 26 months of c.20% discount available.

Whether the cancellation gambit can be repeated to stretch that to 40 months and beyond isn't yet known..

CEX is selling standalone ones for £75 fully sealed box. Might be of use to you.

The price won't change. I got mine couple of months ago from them. When I got mine there were 4 copies (or 3 if you discount the one I bought).
Doesn't look like they are selling particularly quickly but as with anything on CEX once its gone, its gone. I don't think there'll be many people trading these in now.

What camera are you using?

Have you tried the manufacturer's supplied raw development software?

When i trialled the stand alone it was for 30 days. Weirdly, after the 30 days, i seemed to still be able to use the develop module, i rarely shut my PC down entirely, it is usually just on sleep as i have a million tabs logged into various things for myself and for the cat rescue i run and it's too annoying to log in to everything everytime i fired up the pc. i wondered if it was something to do with that - it was saying the trial was over, but i was still able to use it, but then cos i hadnt done windows updates i was forced to restart it and then it didnt work :-(

i hope they never make LR subscription only, i really think its a kick in the face to hobbyist users that PS is now only part of CC (but lets not start that debate here lol)

But other than Develop and Map, everything else works. You can make new catalogs, add new photos, add keywords, make collections, books, web galleries. prints, slideshows, exports, published copies… Basically, you have Lightroom LE. For free, if you want it.

Yes, free.

You can download the trial version of Lightroom and, at the end of the trial period, it mostly continues to function. Free.

I just cancelled mine - using the online live chat - gave the reason as too expensive - and they didn't even try to keep me as a customer. Then sent me a survey asking why I was leaving - again said too expensive - but still no attempt to retain me. I know the software is good value - I don't deny it - but where I am the increase is 50 percent - and that's too much in my eyes for 'currency fluctuations'. So very soon I'll lose my functionality in the develop module. Not travelling for a while so won't need it - and when I do - I'll likely get a new subscription when the time's right.

For about the same monthly fee,
you can get hold of Capture One.

C1 (Danish) and Affinity
Photo (UK)
are my complete set of tools!

There can be an investment of more than one kind in raw processing software.

I keep my raws as you'd keep your film negs - they're a resource. Thus I can revisit some of them after a time, and tweak them differently without degrading them (since they're raws, rather than tif's etc). But say you'd processed them in LR, then switched to another raw engine, it wouldn't recognise what you'd done before, so you'd be back to the start line.

Not everyone keeps their raws, but I find it productive to do so. This is outside of any concern about 'catalogues'.

So right now I'm locked into LR, and it would be a big break to change.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYKnT33O5mI

This might help if your lr trial has expired or youve cancelled your subscription but still want to use the always available quick develop option with the basic panel
controls.i didnt realise what amount of stops or part stops the single versus double arrows gave for example or that you can do third of a stop by holding down a certain key,very useful.

I just cancelled mine - using the online live chat - gave the reason as too expensive - and they didn't even try to keep me as a customer. Then sent me a survey asking why I was leaving - again said too expensive - but still no attempt to retain me. I know the software is good value - I don't deny it - but where I am the increase is 50 percent - and that's too much in my eyes for 'currency fluctuations'. So very soon I'll lose my functionality in the develop module. Not travelling for a while so won't need it - and when I do - I'll likely get a new subscription when the time's right.

How are they meant to retain you. You said it was too expensive. Why should they drop the price just because you think it's expensive?

It has where I am.... Hence getting the message across that the increase was excessive.

Back