Advanced compositing training

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I want to be able to create composite "hero" shots like the one shown, incorporating different background elements and atmospheric effects such as flames, sparks, dust, snow, smoke. It is to create inspiring images of the kids at a school for children with autism and physical impairments at which I do volunteer work. Ideally with the resources to follow along, there are many such tutorials on YouTube but none I can find with the resources to download. I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount for such training either in book or video format, can anyone recommend such a tutorial? I'm a fairly advanced Photoshop user so it doesn't need to be a total beginners' guide but I need to go that extra step.

https://jhphotodesign.smugmug.com/Clients/Mitchell-Laton-Senior/i-WW3FmbR

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to be able to create composite "hero" shots like the one shown, incorporating different background elements and atmospheric effects such as flames, sparks, dust, snow, smoke. It is to create inspiring images of the kids at a school for children with autism and physical impairments at which I do volunteer work. Ideally with the resources to follow along, there are many such tutorials on YouTube but none I can find with the resources to download. I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount for such training either in book or video format, can anyone recommend such a tutorial? I'm a fairly advanced Photoshop user so it doesn't need to be a total beginners' guide but I need to go that extra step.

View attachment 114063

Whoever did it, did a great job.

I've cleaned the thread up and changed the photo in the OP to a link.
Those who mentioned the copyright issue are correct. It's OK to link to other people's work but to download it and host it on here can be seen as "not the right thing to do", even if the intentions are honourable (which I have no doubt that they are)

The best way is to link to the images original location and give proper credit.
A quick reverse image search and I believe I found the author.

For the record, those responding with regards to copyright please be more polite and tactful when suggesting others may have done something wrong.
Use it as an exercise to teach someone, not to tell them what to do or berate them.

So basically, everyone be nice to each other :)

Back