Beginner Advice for increasing clients for a wedding photographer

Name
Alexander
Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone, Alex here, a new user based in Bridgend, South Wales. I am really keen to learn what other wedding photographers are doing out there to gain more clients. Any help, advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

If you check out my profile you will be able to see some of my work, I'm not sure why the forum is not allowing me to add images.

Hello everyone, Alex here, a new user based in Bridgend, South Wales. I am really keen to learn what other wedding photographers are doing out there to gain more clients. Any help, advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

There will likely be no weddings for the next 6 months or so at least, better to have a look to see if the supermarkets are needing people to stock shelves.

Lots of wedding photography businesses will go to the wall over the next year or so. It’s always been a very competitive industry now would be far and away the worst imaginable time to throw your hat in the ring.

Last edited:
First trick will be to survive covid-19...

COVID-19 aside

You need to be different - this isn't really a good way to be different... "Both packages include a 4-5 week turnaround of photographs and we use reliable and professional photographic equipment to capture your wedding day."

4-5 weeks is really slow so if you can't do better than that I'd not mention it as a 'bonus', and no-one would assume you'd use anything else but good gear. Think about your USP and message a bit more. Oh and you also contradict yourself by elsewhere saying... You will receive a hand crafted USB delivered to your home within 4 weeks.

Your photos aren't bad, though I've no idea obviously if your pricing is reasonable for a newbie in your area; you don't need to be cheap as such, just well priced to gain clients

I'd suggest spending the months ahead working on what you're really offering, to learn to shoot & process better, and primarily learn about marketing in all its forms but especially social media and SEO

Good luck :)

Dave

pre-wedding consolation

Whilst I'm sure many brides and grooms have last minute thoughts, comforting them isn't the photographers job. I think you mean consultation

Yes. All my packages include travel up to a 1 hour drive. I am happy to discuss distances further than this including weddings abroad upon enquiry.
1 hour drive isn't a distance, its a period of time.

Back