Afghanistan

You're very welcome Rob.....so, the other two bars of soap from the multipack....you still want them?! :p

Send em up - I'll take any spares up to Mas-e-Qaleh next week with me...

Mas-e-Qaleh
sounds really exotic - like a nice place to visit - if there wasn't a war on!

Mas-e-Qaleh
sounds really exotic - like a nice place to visit - if there wasn't a war on!

Lovely name...but it's a shi'ite-hole...lol

More post arrived:
Kev M and Bill Roberts' packages arrived last night as well...many thanks to you both...
Looking forward to the B&W movies Bill - Kev - I already have 'The Hot Shoe Diaries' - bought it last week off Amazon - not as useful as I'd hoped - I was looking for something with more tech and diagrams TBH...

The other books you mention - well let's say if you needed them back, don't send them here - the post gets thoroughly raped - most of the packages are well-battered by the time they get up-country, having been thrown (literally) on and off helicopters three or four times...

I didn't know that paedophile-sweets (sorry - Werther's Originals) came in sugar-free...interesting...

Well I figured as you're on a diet I'd better get the sugar free ones! :p

Was the formula MC cleaner still in there? I wondered if I'd get away with that, I knew aerosols would likely be removed.

Well I figured as you're on a diet I'd better get the sugar free ones! :p

Was the formula MC cleaner still in there? I wondered if I'd get away with that, I knew aerosols would likely be removed.

Yes it was - and the tissues and cloth - super-duper! And in seal-able placcie-bags too...Gold-Dust they are...

Xmas...somebody mooted a group-buy for a suitable Xmas present - not that I deserve such kindness, or largesse but if there was anything afoot on this subject then something along these lines would be very much appreciated:

LINKY

and...

LINKY

I almost wee'd myself when I saw how much these damn things cost...
I've already had to perform three sensor cleans with fluid and swabs since I got here - the previous owner didn't - he just performed a dust-off reference once a week...so they wuz feeelthy...and they're still spotty...

Since I never take the lenses off in the field, I normally don't have to go to such extremes, but my predecessor had no such qualms - this Tour will need a bit more kit than I usually carry...

Send em up - I'll take any spares up to Mas-e-Qaleh next week with me...

Might not reach you quite that soon - I can only get to the post office on a saturday and am in Poland this weekend so it'll be the week after! Wll send them and some more mags when I can though.

OK more stuff just arrived - I now have two adaptor plugs - woot!
Lots of old copies of PP - four bags of coffee, 10 bars of soap, six packs of wet-wipes, lots of DVDs and e-books...dried prunes and apricots and some walnut bits (they got a bit hammered in transit by the look of it...
Also lots of tampons - going to the medics, I think...lol

So thanks Steve and Robyn and 'other person with no return address'...
Please include a note saying who it's from so I can confirm reciept and give thanks as appropriate...

No problemo Rob, glad me bits got to you okay, they must have ignored the weight on this one lol. walnuts must have been the post, I didnt play footy with them honest!!

Lots more mail arrived today - and as I have enough soap and shaving gel to now last me 5 years, the bulk of these items will be disbursed throughout the Brigade via the Quartermaster's chain...

Thank you R Humphries and Paul Young for the magazines, stationary, shaving-tackle and other sundries - those, along with some of the 300 packs of wet-wipes (gold-dust for the blokes on the ground) have gone to the Grenadier Guards Queen's Company here at Lash.

All of the girly-toiletries so far received have gone to 33 Field Ambulance Squadron who are scattered throughout the Province... I am assured that eye-liner isn't strictly required but 'sanitary' products and moisturiser certainly are! Those 'outside the wire' have no access to NAAFI facilities and are at the whim of their colleagues back in the rear areas of 'Lash' and Bastion...

All magazines, once read are being distributed throughout the Province by Padre Mark Christian, the Brigade Senior Padre...top-bloke and utterly tireless in his effort on behalf of troop welfare...

Lots of amateur phots out here as you might imagine (a healthy mix of Nikons and Canoooons...) and these magazines are much appreciated by all that eventually get to read them...all we get are Top Gear mag, Nuts and FHM - it's not exactly high-brow reading material...

Please - once again, if you are going to send stuff out, remember it's not just for me - this is going out to the whole of 11 Light Brigade - or as much of them as I can reach...and please enclose a note, so I can confirm reciept...

Last edited:
thanks for letting me know it arrived ok , was the flavour of soap right ?? :LOL: , got a few more photo mags kicking about that i will send out :)

Toiletries: we can open a shop now and sell off the excess - magazines are always good though - any sort apart from Nuts, FHM and all that rubbish...

Got a load more camera mags and a couple of car & bike mags that should be going out today or tomorrow Rob. Wifey is well pleased with the space I'm clearing from my magazine hoard.

No Problum hope the dvds got threw. If I had a pen would have marked them up.

No Problum hope the dvds got threw. If I had a pen would have marked them up.

aaaah...I wondered why someone had sent me a bunch of blank DVDs...lol

A case of 'real name - forum-name' confusion...

I'll mark them up now...:LOL:

Last edited:
What's the best address to send things to now? I've got a Jiffy Bag all labelled up for the Lashkar Gah one but want it to get to you ASAP rather than go on its own little tour of Afghanistan!

aaaah...I wondered why someone had sent me a bunch of blank DVDs...lol

A case of 'real name - forum-name' confusion...

I'll mark them up now...:LOL:
We are sending Peter Andre, Jordan, Beckhams, Amy Slimehouse out to entertain you guys! don't bother sending them back! LoL
Stay safe and Were all proud of you all!

We are sending Peter Andre, Jordan, Beckhams, Amy Slimehouse out to entertain you guys! don't bother sending them back! LoL
Stay safe and Were all proud of you all!

ah yes... the new improved Mine-Detectors...we've been waiting for those!

We just sat and watched GI Joe - thanks - that gave us more laughs than we ever expected - fit chicks in unfeasably tight combat-uniforms, a script written by 14-year olds; a thinner-than-Victoria Beckham plot-line; standard-issue Euro-Villain and every cliche from every bad movie ever made...brilliant!

(y)

Let's hope Young Victoria lives up to it...

What's the best address to send things to now? I've got a Jiffy Bag all labelled up for the Lashkar Gah one but want it to get to you ASAP rather than go on its own little tour of Afghanistan!

Nod i would say send it to that address...i don't think he has moved now

Terri

We just sat and watched GI Joe - thanks - that gave us more laughs than we ever expected - fit chicks in unfeasably tight combat-uniforms, a script written by 14-year olds; a thinner-than-Victoria Beckham plot-line; standard-issue Euro-Villain and every cliche from every bad movie ever made...brilliant!

(y)

Let's hope Young Victoria lives up to it...

Not sure i sent you G-Force thats good for a few laugh after a drink or two.

Package sent, some mags and DVD's, though I had to explan to our post office chaps that it was Free, it was a concept they were unfamiliar with :bonk:

Rob, there is the first series of the tv show Scrubs included, if you or anyone else wants the next 3 series too, give me a shout.

Package sent, some mags and DVD's, though I had to explan to our post office chaps that it was Free, it was a concept they were unfamiliar with :bonk:

Rob, there is the first series of the tv show Scrubs included, if you or anyone else wants the next 3 series too, give me a shout.

Scrubs is cool - John C McGinley is my hero...I wish I could think of stuff like that to say at work...

I sent some mags and wipes this morning and had bother with the PO re it being free.
Had the same bother with the same person earlier this week.

More arrivals:

From Arclight - Dougie - thanks - the 'Turning Pro' booklet is going to be tonight's bedtime reading...lol

2blue4u
- John - that's really pants :D! Clarkson and Ricky Gervais! Excellent! Get Carter...ooo the original...

West Side Story??? THAT's going on NOW!

"I lie to leef in Amellica..."

Are these all from you? Pass on my thanks to anyone else involved please...

Army number 241.....? Almost Roman that one, sure it wasn't written XVXXII something-or-other?

Awesome, my friend...

Do you read Flyer, I have about 7/8 months subscription left and it is no good to me so could re-direct if its any use Rob(y)

Are these all from you? Pass on my thanks to anyone else involved please...

Army number 241.....? Almost Roman that one, sure it wasn't written XVXXII something-or-other?

Awesome, my friend...

II IV I IX.... yeah, yeah :razz:

My son contributed 6 or 8 he liberated from one of his mates but otherwise, we had a good clear out ;)

Let me know if there is anything specific we can source for you.

Think Arkady's name may need a change to Arkwrights....G,G,Granville...........:LOL:

II IV I IX.... yeah, yeah :razz:

My son contributed 6 or 8 he liberated from one of his mates but otherwise, we had a good clear out ;)

Let me know if there is anything specific we can source for you.

This'll keep everyone going for a bit - we'll watch them first then drop them off in the welfare office which has a video library...

ah yes... the new improved Mine-Detectors...we've been waiting for those!
LoL! Have you got room for Biggins and a chap called Michael Barrymore who said he wants to come and entertain the troops! but only if you have a POOL LoL

Arkady, would lens wipes be of any use to you? They're individually wrapped and stuff, will happily send you a box if you like?

Please - but only if you have them going spare.
I've got a lot of Calumet cloths I 'aquired' last year wrapped in bags so they don't get gritty, plus it's only the old filters that are exposed to dust for now and they're already trashed...

Back