AlanDorset Week 52 Picture of the Year

Being a bit of a car freak, I prefer No3 and the splash of colour adds to it.

Pete

Good set Alan, I agree with you about the second one and I think that it would have dusty enough to fulfill the theme.

That’s serious wheel spinning dust Alan.
Great idea and some well-taken shots.
Like several others I prefer no. 2.

Week 31 Food

Food
by Alan Webb, on Flickr

At the allotment without the camera so a few i-phone shots instead. This one is sweetcorn growing. Quite pleased with the outcome, taken from ground level without being able to see the screen.

Playing comment catch-up.

Snappers Choice - nice panning, the complementary colours work well. I've tried with a cyclist, that was difficult enough, a car is taking it up a notch.

Half - I like the portion of the newspaper visible through the liquid, I hope you enjoyed the contents.

Post - The framing was timed well, with a sense of motion conveyed from the horse.

Water - an interesting composition with the individual groups of people, I'm left wondering what they are up to.

Handles - Both images are good for the theme, personally a combination of both would give me the best elements of each.

Dusty - All worthy contenders, I do like the chosen one for the length of the trail being created.

Food - A shot from the ground looking up can produce interesting results, well composed given that you couldn't see what you had in the frame.

Great shot Alan, a little corny but you managed to capture a silky, smooth image... :D

AMAIZE-ing :)

Nice angle that hints at upward growth :)

A good composition, especially if you couldn't actually seen it. Well exposed too. The various angles of the leaves make a good image.

I leave things like that to Mrs Nod!!!

I do my own - all my stuff is happy at 40°C and spins!

I had the same idea, although not my posted shot this week! Nicely done.

I like the ambiguity of the first shot. It almost doesn't matter what it is, it's about the light, tones and texture.

I like both of them. Made me want to have a good look to try to figure out what I was looking at.

Yes, there really is a shop called Square Records. It used to be in Wimborne Square but moved to a street off the Square a couple of years ago, still the same fabulous guy running it.

Square 2
by Alan Webb, on Flickr

I like them both Alan.
The first is a good clean shot with nice bokeh.
Meets the theme well.

Internal. I like the colour cast on your chosen shot. Makes a nice abstract.
Square. Fits the theme nicely. So few records shops around these days - I remember when every town had one.

Very literal and matching one of your previous takes on "square", I see an image portfolio in your future Alan! :D

Nice shot Alan, and I love the lighting and the cobweb!

I think it's a good shot Alan, makes the viewer wonder about where the sundial is, who made it, who still uses it, etc.

A nice idea for the theme. The web detail adds to a nice composition.

Back