AlanDorset Week 52 Picture of the Year

Great shot. I am fascinated by the fact that all the indentations are not all uniform! I thought they would be. You've picked out the detail beautifully, and I like the choice of an orange tee.

Lovely shot! As a long time angler in my youth whenever I see something like this I just want to get all my fishing gear out and sit on the bank taking it all in....

Nice image Alan, is there a story behind why they call it the Eye bridge?

Nice image Alan, is there a story behind why they call it the Eye bridge?
No idea. Lost in the mists of time. Apparently it’s also called Roman Crossing but never heard anyone actually call it that. Shallow enough to ford the river and there’s a buried Roman fort nearby.

I like the kink in the parallel one and the assortement in the Metal.

I like both shots Alan, but I especially like your parallel shot. The low perspective works really well.

That matches the theme of metal, so many different metals in one grab. well done.

Two nice shots (parallel and metal) Alan. The bridge is very nice

Great image Alan, well thought out and composed.

I think that there is something wrong with the link that you posted in the main thread though. It kept taking me to an error.

Yes there is no active link to your thread Alan.
A well composed and lit shot, ideal for the theme.

Week 23 Solid

SOlid
by Alan Webb, on Flickr

Is it just me or do the topics get more challenging as the weeks go on? Here's a pillar from Salisbury Cathedral that used to be solid.

Three interesting shots. I think your chosen image fits the theme nicely.

I like all three shots Alan. Love the patina on your chosen shot and the church shot is very interesting. I also like your "anti-solid" shot, it would have made a great shoehorn.

I think that's just about a perfect capture. Well done :D

Nice post :)

Love it, nicely panned and keeping the detail. Colours are great and you've handled the lighting very well.

Thanks all. Many attempts on the hill and the rally stage over two days at Goodwood, a few good ones, worth the practice though, it’s great when it works.

Back