All things related to Apple phones & tablets

Apple says don't put your wet iPhone in rice

Especially not prawn fried rice

Why hasn't apple sorted out the iTunes device authorisation properly? Got a new computer. Trying to get music on it and it's telling me 5 devices are authorized and yet the list in manage devices shows only 4. You're also allowed up to 10 anyway and no more than 5 computers. I'm adding a second computer. It really is stupid.

Only way around it is to remove them all and start again. Why it doesn't list them properly is a mystery.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to stop using cloud storage?
Settings
User Account
iCloud
Switch off the buttons for Photos etc.

I think..

Last edited:
Anyone using a trackpad on Monterey and finding it a poor experience? Just moved from a Catalina iMac and the same trackpad on Monterey is almost unusable. Doesn't track properly and the click delay is appalling. Is there a known cure for it?

I've spent ages in set up messing around with it but it's still useless. Just flicking through images and it's skipping some as it delays responding so badly. Never had that happen for a long time. It's a fresh install of Monterey so it shouldn't be this bad.

Would deleting the old magic mouse off make it better as that is the only thing I can think of which might cause delay if it's looking for that all the time and it's switched off and in a drawer?

Anyone using a trackpad on Monterey and finding it a poor experience? Just moved from a Catalina iMac and the same trackpad on Monterey is almost unusable. Doesn't track properly and the click delay is appalling. Is there a known cure for it?

I've spent ages in set up messing around with it but it's still useless. Just flicking through images and it's skipping some as it delays responding so badly. Never had that happen for a long time. It's a fresh install of Monterey so it shouldn't be this bad.

Would deleting the old magic mouse off make it better as that is the only thing I can think of which might cause delay if it's looking for that all the time and it's switched off and in a drawer?
Deleting the other mouse made the most difference. Not had a reoccurrence of the skipping and delays yet.

It's that time of the month. iOS 17.4 is here. Probably all the other usual suspects as well. EDIT: Nope, it's just iOS and iPadOS.

All the others appear to have come out today, I wonder if Apple will keep doing that going forwards. Although personally I prefer to update the Mac, back up the iPhone to the Mac, then before the update, then finally update the Watch.

Well, I finally upgraded from my 11 Pro to the 15 Pro. Love the automatic portrait mode capability and LIDAR, action button is pretty convenient (I use it for song detection), and the Always-On Display is a love/hate thing.

Main benefit is battery-life and no marks in my photos anymore :LOL:

AoD can be turned off.

I turned mine off after a few weeks, then realised I missed it and turned in back on. :D

My wife's just bought an iPhone 13, to replace her iPhone 5S (!). She's stomping around in high dudgeon saying it doesn't work, maybe she should just go back to her old phone. I offered to let her have my (original) iPhone SE as an upgrade, but no. Won't let me see the problem, something about texts from/to me and her hairdresser getting mixed up, etc. Luckily our daughter's coming to stay next week, I'm hoping she'll sort it out!

Is it something like a shared Apple ID?

Is it something like a shared Apple ID?
She has an iPad also on her Apple ID; I'm not sure if the 5S was signed out of the ID. All that bit was done by our son the night before we left tyo come home (not at all the best timing!). I'll ask him tomorrow... though I'm not sure what the effects of a shared Apple ID might be?

Each other's messages showing up on each other's devices.

Each other's messages showing up on each other's devices.
My wife and I have a shared Apple id. The only flea in the ointment is that messages (texts) whilst going to the correct person, are randomly named as being from either of us. Everything else works as normal.

Ah... she definitely has a different Apple ID from me, but now (probably) has 3 devices on her Apple ID (previously 2). I suspect the effect is probably because she never got to grips with the Contacts app, and there's likely some change in the way IOS processes default name extraction between the IOS version for the 5S and today...

It you have an older iPhone or iPad, you might like to know that updates are available for certain models.

Back