Allan.H 52 2023

Beautiful, simply beautiful. a really great shot Allan

Super detail, and I like the way you have placed it to one side.

Looks even better on Flickr, huge DOF from F4

Liquid - lovely, can't say more!
Distant - fits the bill nicely

Nice Liquid picture Allan, my type of photo

Interesting little creature... great detail and interesting and complimentary background .

In fact - rather than just a "bug", it would appear it might be a varied carpet beetle!

Great detail Allan and the background brings out colour of the bug.

Nice focus on the bug against the background, just bought my first macro lens off here.

Macro seems quite straight forward apart from lighting/shade/ flashes/multiple flashes, focus stacking, hoping the bugs stay still, weather / wind if outside and no doubt a few other issues. :oops: :$

Lovely focus on the bug Allan, liking the colours of it against the white.
Thanks Dave

Interesting little creature... great detail and interesting and complimentary background .

In fact - rather than just a "bug", it would appear it might be a varied carpet beetle!
I did look it up. As long as it stays outside its fine by me.

Nice focus on the bug against the background, just bought my first macro lens off here.

Macro seems quite straight forward apart from lighting/shade/ flashes/multiple flashes, focus stacking, hoping the bugs stay still, weather / wind if outside and no doubt a few other issues. :oops: :$
That made me laugh "macro seems quite straight forward" its a nightmare, I tend to use it for still life really, hats off to some of those photographers in the macro part of the forum.
I try not to overcomplicate it just handheld and sunlight for this bug, I must have taken about 10 shots of this and only 2 were acceptable.

Good luck :)

Reactions: nog
Nicely composed and lovely colour. He looks a bit like a carpet!

What a great POV you have chosen for this image.

Nice one Allan :)

As @Baloo said you have chosen a great angle and framing for the shot which really emphasises the size and "robustness"
I often see impressive trees on walks and try to take a shot conveying that but when looking at shots later find I often fail. It's a skill to be able to choose the best framing.

Last edited:
Lovely colours especially on the tree trunk, the angle, number of branches and texture really shows the age/robustness of the tree

You have brought all the compositional elements together to produce a great shot.

As @Baloo said you have chosen a great angle and framing for the shot which really emphasises the size and "robustness"
I often see impressive trees on walks and try to take a shot conveying that but when looking at shots later find I often fail. It's a skill to be able to choose the best framing.
Bang on POV showing just how robust this old tree is, great colours.
Thanks

Back