Allan.H 52 2023

Patterns: Severn Bridge? Nicely caught with the pattern on the van in front.

Tunnel: Would have liked a little more brightness on the people but since the theme is Tunnel it certainly fits the bill.
Flintshire, North Wales

Yes they are a little lost I took 5 shots maybe and this was the best one of an unsatisfactory set

Nice one Allan. Similar to the backup shot I have in case today's target doesn't go to plan :)

Certainly a tunnel.
You've caught the light on the back of their jackets, not your fault they weren't wearing orange or red.

Patterns - excellent shot through a windscreen. Great lines (if you'll forgive the pun).

Tunnel. Nicely picked out. I winder if a mono version would work as well?

Great shot Allan, you've composed it really well and I love the depth of field and the processing. Makes me want to build a story about what is going to happen.

Patterns - nicely composed and makes a lovely shot. Not something you could do while driving!
Tunnel - good location - I might have zoomed in a little more to lose some of the grass at the front and concentrate more on the people but then I wasn't there to see if it would work :)

Patterns - nicely composed and makes a lovely shot. Not something you could do while driving!
Tunnel - good location - I might have zoomed in a little more to lose some of the grass at the front and concentrate more on the people but then I wasn't there to see if it would work :)
Thanks for looking in, I tried a few shots and this was the better one. its not ideal I agree.

Another cracking shot Allan, bang on theme and beautifully executed.

Lovely! The light and compositions are really nice and that's a cracker of a shot.

Fabulous shot. The detail, texture and lighting makes a great composition.

Gorgeous lighting on the catkin, it really stands out.

Lovely colour.

A beautifully turned pot and nicely lit. I like that you’ve pictured the pot on a tree stump.

Nice one that :)

That is a beautiful shot Allan, did you make this yourself?

Very nice Allan. Excellent use of the lighting / shadow :)
That is a beautiful shot Allan, did you make this yourself?
Thank you both

It is one of mine, it takes up a lot of my spare time these days, photography has taken a backseat for the while.
I apologise for any more that might make an appearance in the future :runaway:

No apologies necessary Allan, it's a beautiful piece and I enjoy seeing them. Do you sell them?

Hi Allan. Nicely turned and beautifully lit. Love the deep shadows here. The blue in the knot is wonderful, has the look of an opal. Presume it's a coloured resin fill before final turning.

No apologies necessary Allan, it's a beautiful piece and I enjoy seeing them. Do you sell them?
Hi Allan. Nicely turned and beautifully lit. Love the deep shadows here. The blue in the knot is wonderful, has the look of an opal. Presume it's a coloured resin fill before final turning.
No I don’t sell them I have given some away, I might try sometime.

The light was just the light through the kitchen window and yes correct it a 2 part epoxy resin with some added colour

Back