Almost the last photo my camera ever took..

That is one month of the TP calendar taken care of (y)

Wow! That is an incredible shot! (y)

Thank you very much, as soon as It's open i shall put it forward for the calender :)

Hunter87, if your pic is in the calendar, I think they may just have to make extra prints, because I will have first order of all of them! ;)

You have blown me away with that image this weekend!

You are one lucky person to have such an opportunity!

I hope you are still revelling in the success (and so you should be!)

Cheers

Dawn :)

Don't know how I missed this till today Barry. An awesome shot mate.

Thank you Dawn! :)

Cheers Iain, had a good few outings with the camera recently to be fair this is one of many!

lol She was a year old and still "Nibbling" although i wouldnt fancy seeing how hard!

TP history in the making and you're still using a fkin woodfisher in your avatar :LOL:

To echo what's been said, it's a fantastically striking image - can't believe the shape of the wings. Superb, well done.

lol I favour my kingfisher images over most tbh! This one may make a new avatar when i can be bothered to resize!!

I would have wet myself before pressing the shutter.... how you kept your nerve i'll never know.

Fantastic.

I would have wet myself before pressing the shutter.... how you kept your nerve i'll never know.

Fantastic.

Im not the brightest bulb in the box! :LOL:

Thank you for the comment.

Yes Well caught indeed Barry, top drawer stuff.
You even managed (unknowingly perhaps,but i doubt it) to capture the small accumulation of Icelandic volcano dust midway between the right ear tip and the right eye...That stuff causes no end of problems you know.
Hence this one was flying low to avoid further deposits.:LOL:
Bet the wake turbulence gave you a wake up call...:eek:
Stirling work Barry, TP bravery award candidate and no mistake.(y)

Last edited:
:LOL: thanks Nikonman it's lucky it's not heading towards Ireland at the moment then!!

A little update!

I've spoken to one of the lads at the centre where this was taken and they have two eagle owl chicks there now! So i should be able to go back soon and grab some shots of them! :) Quite excited to see them!

Brilliant shot.... good on you for staying steady under pressure!!

I don't often wander into the Birds forum but blooding hell I am glad that I did.

This is an amazing shot. Techincally brilliant and very well taken, you feel a personal thing going on with the owl in this image. Not many of these around i would bet.

It was only a month ago that I went to an owl sanctuary in Cornwall with some friends. We went with the main aim of going mountain biking for the day but was given free discounted entry into the sanctuary. They were flying an Indian Eagle Owl called Elvis and it was an impressive sight. They are huge, almost the biggest, with a wingspan well over four feet, and talons that would have easily minced the thick leather glove holding the bird. A really good afternoon out, I would recommend anybody in the area to visit.

Last edited:
posted 29/4 and i have only just seen it , how i missed it i do not know :shrug:

as others have said, so not much one can say, except agree an absolute stunner :clap::clap:

Thanks for the comments while i've been away.

Due to a mixture of poor health and work related issues my camera hasnt been touched since this photo was taken.. the chicks are a little bit flufflier than when they first arrived but hopefuly if all is well this saturday i will be back out to see them!

SimonHi - Can you remember the name of the oe you went too? I have a week off work coming up soon and need to find something to do with it (Was supposed to be in tunisia though!!)

My god, that is just a wonderful capture. Stunning eyes and just a fantastic shot.

You gotta be mighty proud to have that one in your collection :)

I have kinda kept quiet and watched the thread from afar, seeing all the praise heaped on Hunter87 is fantastic support, something this forum is renound for, a big part of my enjoying his praise is because he is my son, i remember when we first went out with my Oly e240 from that moment he was hooked on dlsr photography and has gone out of his way to make sure he always takes the best shot, 8 hours in a freezing cold hide to get a shot of a kingfisher springs to mind.(worth it because it made it onto the bbc's snow watch program)

Also he does whatever it takes to make sure his photography is the best he can make it, and that for one makes me so proud as a dad, we often go out together and i am in awe of the commitment he shows to get "the" shot.
Having seen some of the shots he has in his collection then the owl image is by far and away the best, i know i would say that as his dad but as an amateur photographer myself i know how good this shot is
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Just stumbled across this thread. Oh. My. Word. That isn't the TalkPhotography Shot Of The Day for today . . . It's the TalkPhotography Shot Of The Year! :eek: :clap:

Back