Am Bored

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys

God I am bored and with this crap weather I am really wanting to take some images with D500 I have not been able to use it as much as I like due to this weather we have had.. What could i do indoor give me some idea please as taken too many images of the daughter lol

Im bored too so did this.
wine2.jpg
Gave up when I couldn't get the glass clean so I'm still bored!

Wow that is such a lovely image there. Guessing a flash was used to get the back ground like that mate?

Bit of an involved setup. Flash, softbox, blanking strips, baffles and some use of Photoshop!

You could do some research into the next camera system you're going to buy.
Dont start me off for god sake LOL

Nah I am settled mate on the Nikons. I know what I been to get so just waiting for a bargain..

Reactions: nog
You could swap notes.
Though I was on your Ignore list ;)

But glad I am not now as you do post some very informative stuff. Dont worry about me I have calmed down unless minnt starts me off

Though I was on your Ignore list ;)

But glad I am not now as you do post some very informative stuff. Dont worry about me I have calmed down unless minnt starts me off
You were, but I took you off when you stopped pestering the life out of everyone on the XT-2 thread.

The soft, flat light can be good for woodland shots of plants and fungi. Look out for details in dead leaves, fallen trees etc.

Black and white shots of subjects can also work well as the gray skies don't matter so much (and there's usually a bit of detail to be teased out of the clouds on even the dullest of days).

It not dull here it bloody p***ing it down LOL

Hi Guys
God I am bored and with this crap weather I am really wanting to take some images with D500 I have not been able to use it as much as I like due to this weather we have had.. What could i do indoor give me some idea please as taken too many images of the daughter lol
OK. Go to your supermarket and buy some fruit. Apple, peach, grapes, you know.. fruit! Then set them up individually or together. Shoot them in natural light, artificial light. Use shades, reflectors, different backgrounds, and have fun. Then eat them afterwards.
Get bored with that? Go back to the supermarket and pick the next photogenical item. Tins and bottles even.
Peach by ianp5a, on Flickr
Big Jobs by ianp5a, on Flickr

Last edited:
You did a whole bottle? By yourself or did Mrs Mikledore have a small glass to "help out"?
There's still "wine" in the bottle.
The original contents struggled against last night's venison casserole but we just kept on trying. :whistle:

Actually, crap weather can produce sublime images. Much better than fine. Except for the fact you probably get cold or frozen and p***ed off. Still, one must suffer for one's art I guess. Unless you are wealthy or famous. Once watched a documentary about a 'name' tog that followed him around the highlands while doing his landscapes. Cue several devoted assistants, three 4x4 vans and back-up tuck shop. The 'name' just pointed from the warmth and let the slaves set up before he wandered up and pressed the shutter and returned to the car's warmth while they packed up. Next location chaps!

Anyway, I didn't want to suffer for my art one rainy day so picked up an apple, placed it below the window and took this shot, all while enjoying a coffee. d90 and four image stack.

Seductive-Fruit.jpg

Then you'd complain that you didn't have a weather sealed body or the right rucksack or the right clothing or footwear or.......

LoL

Btw the plug not over flowing yet mate. Just had the update

Yep weather was awful yesterday, had to shoot up to ISO 12800.

RJB_1997.jpg

RJB_2023.jpg

OK. Go to your supermarket and buy some fruit. Apple, peach, grapes, you know.. fruit! Then set them up individually or together. Shoot them in natural light, artificial light. Use shades, reflectors, different backgrounds, and have fun. Then eat them afterwards.
Get bored with that? Go back to the supermarket and pick the next photogenical item. Tins and bottles even.

Well, I've always quite fancied the woman on checkout No.4.

Flash and rain with outdoor cover can produce some great results?

Back