Amazon cheap prices on firecrest ND filters to 10 stops

I'll be finding out tomorrow, I would be pretty confident it'll be good, they're from formatt hitechs Amazon out let!

I only got a really good price because it wasnt in stock and need to wait 5/6 weeks so will see if it turns up or not. Any in stock had about £35 off normal retail prices( not Amazon over inflated estimate of prices.)they are tge Firecrest ones and clearly marked as suck with the gaskets coming in the packaging and not attached.

Last edited:
Arrived this morning and all good, well apart from half the foam gasket missing but customer service at Formatt-Hitech have sent one out today!

noticed this thread and couldn't resist...... 10 stop screw on arrived today but could someone confirm what comes in the paper box? I only ask as the plastic container that holds the actual filter is free to move around inside the paper/cardboard box in a manner ill suited for postal delivery which left me wondering if there was meant to be a pouch or something to take up the surplus space.....
Thanks in advance

Can't help with that I'm afraid as I got a square filter that was very well packaged! My gasket came today so hoping for some reasonable weather to try out the 6 stop!

why are the 13 and 16 stops a lower rap than the 10?

noticed this thread and couldn't resist...... 10 stop screw on arrived today but could someone confirm what comes in the paper box? I only ask as the plastic container that holds the actual filter is free to move around inside the paper/cardboard box in a manner ill suited for postal delivery which left me wondering if there was meant to be a pouch or something to take up the surplus space.....
Thanks in advance

I bought a screw on 16 stop and it arrived as you described, but a second identical one arrived cushioned in a moulded foam insert.

This is how my 10 stop arrived. Bought direct from hitech in November.

I know a few people who have bought from Amazon and Wex and I don't think they came with a soft pouch or cloth, they came in the box, wrapped in red tissue paper in a plastic bag supported by polystyrene (as did this one) along with the gasket seperate.

Nick

Thanks for your replies. I contacted hitech and the sales office manager said the box (similar to nicks shown above) should have been a snug fit around the plastic box which contained the actual filter. She could offer no explanation for the larger box. The box supplied looks the right size for one of the rectangular filters. So a bit of a mystery and I have no pouch or cloth but I suppose getting it for £66 is some recompense.

This is how my 10 stop arrived. Bought direct from hitech in November.

I know a few people who have bought from Amazon and Wex and I don't think they came with a soft pouch or cloth, they came in the box, wrapped in red tissue paper in a plastic bag supported by polystyrene (as did this one) along with the gasket seperate.

Nick

My six stop came wrapped in red tissue, inside a plastic box sandwiched between two pieces of foam, the plastic box was snug inside the cardboard outer. No cloth or pouch was included, but the box and foam is great for lugging it about, similar to the box I bought for my 4x4 Cpl. I have to say the filter is very neutral giving next to no cast at all!

I ordered from Amazon because they had stock and cheaper, whereas the formatt-hitech site didn't have stock, they have a pre order time of 1-2 weeks on what I bought. 1-2 months seems a bit of a wait!

Last edited:
Back