Amazon gift card problem?

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
My son lives in Australia and has an Australian amazon account. I live in the UK and have both an Australian amazon account (for use when I visit him) and my UK account. Today he sent me a $600au amazon gift card by email. When I clicked on the tab 'add this gift card to your account' it went into my Australian account (I didn't see an option to put it into my UK account) so now I can't use it to buy the Christmas present it was for. I have had a live chat with amazon and they told me I can't transfer it to my UK account and my son won't be able to cancel it because it is now in my account. I have tried to buy the present using my Australian account but it can't be posted to the UK and it would cost to much to have it posted over here if I had it sent to my sons address. It appears I'm stuck in no mans land. Can anyone come up with any suggestions???

Use it to buy yourself an amazon gift card for $600AU then try to credit it to the UK account?

Can't you buy from UK amazon using your Aus account?

Use it to buy yourself an amazon gift card for $600AU then try to credit it to the UK account?
He seems to suggest that he could not put it onto his UK account.....only his AUS account.

Though, I wonder if another Live Chat to discuss adding as you suggested would work "if they allow it".

Don't think it'll work :(

2. Limitations
Gift Cards, including any unused Gift Card balances, expire ten years from the date of issuance. Gift Cards may not be redeemed for the purchase of products at www.amazon.at, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.com, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.in, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.com.mx, or any other website owned and operated by us, our affiliates, or any other person or entity, except as indicated by these terms and conditions. Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, used for unauthorised commercial purposes, including to facilitate the resale or shipment of goods from Amazon.co.uk, redeemed for cash, or used in a manner otherwise prohibited by our Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards Restrictions and Prohibited Activities policy. Unused Gift Card balances in an Amazon.co.uk account may not be transferred to another Amazon.co.uk account.

Oh well. They seem to have the OP snookered. Save it for the next visit down under then I think.,

They don't even allow intra-EU-Amazon purchases (say you have a healthy Amazon FR balance and want to buy from Amazon DE... Verboten) and and Amazon GCs are restricted to wherever they're bought for (nothing stopping you buying a UK GC from Australia, but you have to do it on Amazon UK)

It's been resolved!!! My son requested to cancel the gift card, they initially refused as the gift card had been technically redeemed (by me). Australia Amazon contacted me for my permission for them to cancel the balance in my Australian account. After l agreed they sent me a code that l had to use in order for them to do that. They have reduced my balance to zero and after a period of time they will return the $600 to my son. Lesson learned!!!

It's been resolved!!! My son requested to cancel the gift card, they initially refused as the gift card had been technically redeemed (by me). Australia Amazon contacted me for my permission for them to cancel the balance in my Australian account. After l agreed they sent me a code that l had to use in order for them to do that. They have reduced my balance to zero and after a period of time they will return the $600 to my son. Lesson learned!!!
glad you got is sorted, lesson learned as you say

Back