Amazon Marketplace

taz

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anybody had any experience with getting a refund from Amazon if a Marketplace seller fails to deliver the goods?
The reason I ask is that, at the moment, there is a listing for a Nikon 12-24 lens for £153 - I kid you not.
OK, first thoughts are that there is a mistake in the listing or possibly a scam. But the seller has a 4.5 star rating over 776 sales in the last 12 months so would seem to be OK.
I have ordered one but I am expecting to get an e-mail saying the listing is incorrect and my credit card has been refunded - it wouldn't be the first time.
There used to be a lot of attempted scams but they seemed to have curbed that these days.
Will keep you informed.

Given that there is no chance anyone would sell one for £153, lets hope you'll get the refund OK!

Your CC should help if needed.

I have
the seller kept failing to meet the promised dispatch dates then went through a period that it was sent etc.. eventually i emailed amazon with copies of all emails and replies the money was refunded within 7 days of my complaint

he probably needed some quick cash so used you as a loan

For future reference, I had to get a refund from Amazon because a (highly recommended) marketplace trader didn't dispatch an item and wouldn't answer email messages.

Amazon have a very helpful form to fill in stating the reasons for refund and do all the legwork. Money was back in my account within 3 days IIRC.

Back