An Independent Scotland?

I don't know why I bother trying satire. It's wasted on this audience.

If that's your attempt at satire, my advice would be don't give up your day job. :LOL: :exit:

Something's stirred up, on Friday the SNP had 25,000 members and in the last three days it's grown to 35,000, I hope it's not just a knee jerk reaction.

Is that all? They really are an inconsequential group by size then. 35000 out of over 4 000 000?

Isn't that less than 1% of the population?

Last edited:
Is that all? They really are an inconsequential group by size then. 35000 out of over 4 000 000?

Isn't that less than 1% of the population?

Both the Conservatives and Labour parties each have memberships of less than 0.3% of the population.
Membership numbers are irrellivant.

Membership numbers are irrellivant.

I thought so too, it seems that to Hugh they are a big deal though, I wouldn't have thought going from a drop in the bucket to a slightly bigger drop in the bucket was that big a deal...

Now over 50,000, that's 24,000 new members in 5 days and growing :) more members than the Lib/Dems have UK wide. Many if not most of the new members are Ex Scottish Labour supporters, it'll be interesting to see how well they do in the GE in May.

What's the matter Dave? nobody buying illicit tax avoiding grey imports to moan about?

What's the matter Dave? nobody buying illicit tax avoiding grey imports to moan about?
Why do you feel the need for personal sniping? It's not big and it's not clever.

Blair proposed regional assemblies for England, in part to solve the west lothian problem. It garnered little interest and when put to the region that was felt to be the most in favour, the north east, they voted massively against it 78% against to 28% for. There's been no appetite in England for regional assemblies.
I live in the NE regional assembly not fond change and fairness yes please

Who wants more high paid beurocracy just local in form

Why do you feel the need for personal sniping? It's not big and it's not clever.

You're right, but perhaps you could share that wisdom with some others on the thread as well.

You're right, but perhaps you could share that wisdom with some others on the thread as well.

He just did with you.

Anyway, it seems a shame Mr Salmond can't take hints. He was yapping on about Scotland 'seizing' Independence in other ways. Is this man for real? He's just had a vote, where only a third of the population want what he does, the majority didn't. Thats means that he has no mandate to seize independence.

He just did with you.

Anyway, it seems a shame Mr Salmond can't take hints. He was yapping on about Scotland 'seizing' Independence in other ways. Is this man for real? He's just had a vote, where only a third of the population want what he does, the majority didn't. Thats means that he has no mandate to seize independence.

Just a one trick pony, that's all he knows. He honestly thought yes would win !

I thought it was an attempt at satire:LOL:

No, he's just being a tw@t who lost his little dream, and so just lashes out like a baby. He can't take it that the majority of Scots are pragmatic intelligent people who aren't walking around dreaming of William Wallace Wonderland, unlike him...

He just did with you.

Hurt pride.

Last edited:
OK guys this is starting to get personal.
Irrelevant comments & sniping are not required.

Its beginning to look like this thread has run its course.
This is the last chance to get it back on track.

The thread had run it's course when the referendum result was known. The knock on ramifications for devolution in England and the West Lothian question is an interesting debate that would probably be best in a dedicated thread.

I think this thread is now a case of who get's the last word. Will it be me? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is that has time has gone by there has become less and less difference between Lab and Con. .

So is what you are saying is that the democratic process is one big Con ? tell us something we don't know :LOL:

He just did with you.

I noticed yesterday that Nicola clearly stated that independence would only ever be via the ballot box. No doubt she realised that wee Eck had made a faux pas.

mel_zps941a69d0.jpg

55% voted yes, I'm quite sure many of which was based on current conditions plus extra powers given. But now we are seeing all sorts of things.

Back