Angela's 52, Week 31 Food

Name
Angela
Edit My Images
Yes
Another apology for a catchup, life is just too busy and has had to take priority for a while.

Highlight

Whilst gardening, I noticed this web and thought it would good with droplets of water on it. It is a sunny day and I thought the sun make highlights of the water.

Week_27_Highlight_.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:
Fun

I have two shots for this week, although I am not 100% happy with either. At this point however I do not want to fall any further behind so I will put both on and hope!!

Here are some daily visiters to my garden, having some fun in the water.
Week_28_Fun_a_.jpg

And here is my lab Harvey wanting to have some fun with his tuggy!!
2043_modified.jpg

And finally this should get me up to date!

Easy

When I read the word easy it instantly made me think of my easy chair in my conservatory. It is the place where I have lived out many and adventure, cried many a tear in sympathy with a heroine whilst scowling at the villain, and it has often heard me laugh out loud. I have shared it with Dickens, Hardy, Zola, my children and Lilly to mention but a few. It is my easy chair and it is certainly easy on my bones. It also reclines for a little siesta when required!!!

Week_29_Easy.jpg

My turn to catch up Angela :)

Highlight - love that web shot - well seen, well shot :)

Fun: Hmmm both shots lack a little 'punch' for me - perhaps a contrast boost - I think the birdie shot has a little more going for it but Harvey does look like a lovely dog :) Those eyes are saying put down that camera and play with this!!! :)

Easy: That looks comfy :) And that hits the theme square on :D I find the bright outside a little distracting but its hard to see how you could have exclude that :)

Well done on catching up :)!

Oooooh, there's a few to catch up on here. Congratulations on getting back up to date.

Highlight : Best of the lot IMO. The way that you've caught the light on the water drops is absolutely beautiful and great detail. I absolutely LOVE this one.

Fun : Harvey is a really handsome boy. I sympathise with the difficulties of photographing a black dog (as you know) and you've done it so much better than me. (y)
I like the idea of the birds too, but it would have been nice to have seen the motion frozen a bit more. Not a critcism - It's not something I've ever tried and I'm sure that it's not easy.

Easy : Good fit for the theme and lovely clear photo. I just don't engage with it as much as I do the others if you know what I mean.

Highlight - definately the best of the bunch. Simple but effective (y)

Fun #1: To be honest the birds are just fading into the background for me and there is a bit too much motion blur going on.

Fun #2: I think this has more potential but as John said it lacks a little punch - and the BG items are a bit distracting.

Easy: oooh I want one of those... definately an easy chair. I'm not leaping up and down with excitement but it fits the theme nicley - apart from putting a person in the chair I'm not sure what you could have done to add extra interest.

Well done for getting up to date - looking forward to seeing next weeks ;)

You've done a great job on catching up - I know I'd never manage that. :)

Highlight: Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. :clap::clap::clap:

Fun: (1) Really difficult shot to nail, Angela. It's a great idea, but to give impact, I think you needed a higher shutter speed to freeze the action. Was this handheld or on a tripod?

Fun: (2) Lovely shot of Harvey, excellent point of view and how could you resist that pleading look? :love: Despite Harvey being so handsome, I find myself a bit distracted by the lounger and li-lo(?) in the b/g. And I know you have to grab dog shots where and when you can (I've got hundreds of failed attempts to prove it!) so it's only a very minor niggle - you've caught such a great expression. :clap:

Easy: I like the story behind the easy chair - and it does look very, very comfy, but the photo doesn't really suggest the story - if that makes sense. Reading your words, I imagined the chair from three-quarter behind it, with a glossy mag on a table, with a hand holding a chilled glass of wine, etc, etc.

Sorry, Angela, I hope that doesn't sound picky and tbh, I think you've done a fantastic job to keep on top of this challenge, so a huge (y) from me.

Jean

Highlight is a good shot I like that.

As has been said, shutter speed needed to be a bit higher to stop the action in the next one, easy to say after the event though.

Gorgeous dog, this could have been the pick of the bunch if you had managed a cleaner background, I sometimes find myself dropping to my knees to take another shot with dogs and small kids just to get a different perspective, even lying down to take a shot can sometimes work and the dog/kid sometimes responds to this as playing and you get yet another shot

The recliner shot is ok too, maybe needs a cup of coffee and a news paper to give it something else. I might have moved the cactus/ taken down the patio parisol too but its a good enough Easy image.

Sorry for rambling on :)

Thanks for the comments guys, I agree with everthing said and really appreciate you all taking the time to comment on a job lot!!

Hopefully now I have caught up, I can slow down a little and put more thought in. :)

Well done on catching up Angela..

Highlight is spot on and has worked very very well. Wonderful take and well caught.

Fun 1... It really did need a higher shutter speed. 1/125 is just about ok for a bird sat still. Sometimes even much higher isn't enough.... You could have bumped the ISO to say 400 (defo usable on the 450d, so I'd expect the 40d to be) and that would have sorted that out.

Fun 2... You've done a good job on his fur and there's a little motion blur in the toy, defo get the idea of what he's trying to say to you.

Easy.... I want a chair like that... Lovely, and I like the shot too. I think removing the umbrella may have helped, but it's worked well nonetheless.

I love the easy shot but would have loved it even more if someone was sitting in the chair. Would have really topped off that pic for me. Still an excellent photo all the same.

My turn to try and catch up...

The Highligh shot works well and is my pick of the bunch...:clap:

Fun fits the theme but need a bit more camera speed to pull off that sort of movement and make it work...but good effort for trying and worth another go, because when you get it right those bird shots are great...(y)

Easy ah the old easy chair...;)

As Hyster said you could have composed the shot a little more with a few less distactions, but it fits the theme and your up to date and in my book that's a bonus...:clap::clap::clap:

Highlight - love it and best of the bunch :clap::clap::clap:

Fun - something missing from these for me, I think the birds shot is too cluttered so it took me a while to pick them out and the shot of Harvey just needs a little more boost of contrast, but I love the expression on his face.

Easy - definitely fits the theme, but I agree with jeangenie and Hyster that it just needs something else.

Well done for finally catching up though, and, as you said, you can now take your time each week :clap::clap:

Ok, I tried to upload this the other day, but the site seemed to have been experiencing some probs!!

Here is the most colourful flower in my garden at present, and again, I thought I would experiment with water droplets!

week_30_colour1.jpg

The colour and water drops are amazzing but it loots a little out of focus to me which is a shame cos its a fantastic shot.

Lovely shot. Fits the theme perfectly
J

Thanks for the comments guys, I think the resizing is still interfering with the total sharpness as this image is uber sharp full size!! :shrug:

Just as a little aside, I received my results for my degree, and have passed!! I am now Angela Drury BA!!! one more course for my hons and then I am done!!!

Great shot! Love the colours, the droplets, the little bit of Bokeh on the bottom right. Super all round for me!

Great shot well done! Wonderful and colourful idea :)

Well done on the degree, good luck with the Honours!

Colour is a superb image, as others have said it's possibly slightly out of focus, but still a great shot.

Congratulations on the degree pass Angela. Sorry I missed this shot, that's a corker, lovely and vivid and the water drops work very well.

Sorry Angela, I missed your colour shot last week.

I'm so glad I caught it tonight though because I think it's great!
Purple's my favourite colour so it was always going to be a winner for me, but the water droplets really give it an extra bit of "zing".
Well done :clap:

And congratulations on your degree too!

Congratulations on your degree...:clap::clap::clap:

Your flower shot is superb and one of the best I've seen on this site, so that's another congratulations in order...very well done on both accounts:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for all the comments guys, I will try to catch up with everyone elses shots this week!!

Here is my attempt at food!

Week_Food.jpg

That's a great effort, for me a darker B/G and a little more contrast, but it could be my screen...but still a good shot...I like...:clap::clap::clap:

Wow

CONGRATULATIONS :woot::woot::woot:

I love the composition of this but it looks a little flat. Possibly a bit more contrast and the front of the fruit less OOF maybe :shrug:

For my background I used a black sheet draped over a frame and onto the floor so I got a uniform colour.

Looks like a painting :love:
I agree perhaps a boost in contrast, however, I really like this, such smooth textures on the fruits - ace :D

The colour might look like it needs a little adjusting, but I'm not sure I would... There's something very appealing about the photo which I can't put my finger on! And I'm wondering is it the colour tones of it making it look quite similar to the tones you would see in a painting of the same subject. It really interests me so it gets a (y) from me!

The colour might look like it needs a little adjusting, but I'm not sure I would... There's something very appealing about the photo which I can't put my finger on! And I'm wondering is it the colour tones of it making it look quite similar to the tones you would see in a painting of the same subject. It really interests me so it gets a (y) from me!

:agree: The colours all kind of harmonise and it has a feel of 'season of mists and mellow fruitfulness ....' about it. Very appealing indeed.

Jean

i think the composition works well...

but i too would have preferred a completely black background and for all the fruits to be in focus...rather than trying to have a narrow DOF

Do you have the EXIF data for this shot?

Many Congrats on your BA Angela, thats terrific well done :clap::clap:

That colour shot is lovely :) A Beautiful flower well taken

Your food shot is almost like a classical arrangement - not sure if it could stand a little contrast boost to make those colours stand out but I like the simple arrangement and that is one large peach :)

Nice one :)

Back