Angi's 365 - updated 2/08 with 10 new images

:popcorn:

June 29, Day 149

Some mindless idiot found a snake in the wild, hit it with a baseball bat then brought it to our reptile shop to identify it. Our staff were pretty mad and took it in then immediately took it to the vets. Unfortunately it was a grass snake - a protected species in the UK and our vet was not allowed to treat it ( only special vets approved by defra can treat them!) After around 50 phonecalls we could not locate one of these vets and took it home to look after it over night then try again in the morning. Once home we let it have a swim and drink in our pond then placed it in a tub over night. Poor little thing drank copious amounts in the pond, but appeared to be moving around normally, so we were hopeful that it might recover.
IMG_3333s.jpg

June 30, Day 150
A very sad day for us, the poor Grass snake produced 9 eggs overnight then died, we were pretty gutted for the poor little one. Now we need to find out what we are supposed to do with the eggs - legally. RIP Grass snake.
IMG_3414grasssnakes.jpg

July 1, Day 151

I went for a short stroll along the Frome valley walkway today and took a few multiple exposures for HDr images. This is my favourite so far.
IMG_3763_tonemappedFVs1.jpg

Great shots of the grass snake. Such a sad story, parts of our population are totally brain dead. Also the whole defra thing is a bit daft, so you have to spend ages finding an 'approved' vet, crazy!!!

Love today's HDR shot too, a bit different, but the green hue looks so nice and it's not a macro shot, did the MPE-65 need a rest :D

How have I missed this one?
Some great work here, stunning macro stuff and the jumping frog is amazing :D

any update angi??:popcorn:

July 5 Day 155

Appologies for not posting much lately, the ME has been quite intense - so much that I barely left the house for the best part of 10 days, slightly better now though and ever thankful to my wonderful daughter and partner who have helped me so much, from helping around the house, cheering me up, taking me out and posing for photos.
There have been a couple of days where I did not take a photo, but I did set out to take a photo within 24 hours of each date as I know how the ME can affect me. So Ive not broken my own rules yet.

A friend suggested that if I wanted to photograph insects then I should try catching them in a net, keeping them overnight in a net enclosure, then get up early to photograph them as they wake - they are so much more cooperative, staying still for ages. So the image below was taken using that method ( as I cannot always get far at thge moment especialy early in the morning). I simply brought the butterfly out of the enclosure upon the stalk and placed it in my garden then snapped away until it flew off. I placed a piece of card behind it for some images and used natural background for others.
5july.jpg

July 6, Day 156

This image was taken for a challenge elsewhere entitled "footwear". It came 41st out of 121.
6july.jpg

July 7, Day 157
I got my new wide angled lens and despite feeling incredibly ill I walked to a local church and took a few shots. This is an HDR image from 3 exposures. I was so ill the next day I slept the best part of 18 hours. Serves me right I suppose.
7july.jpg

July 8, Day 158
Most of the day spent in bed, so this image is one taken on the way to the curch for yesterdays image. Only about 4 hours early.:p
8july.jpg

July 9, Day 159
Took this with my other new lens - the mpe 65, in the garden as I couldnt make it any further.
9july.jpg

July 10, Day 160
More macro work from the garden as I was too tired to do much else.
10july.jpg

July 11, Day 161
I was not good this day and did not take any images, so todays is one taken from the 12th of the Severn bridge. The sunset was looking interesting so my partner drove me down there just to get me out of the house, bless him he is a darling.
july11.jpg

July 12, Day 162
Another taken from the Severn beach, more mud flats than beach and rather dangerous, I only stepped two steps onto them and started sinking ( never again!).
I wish I had held out another 15 minutes as the sky changed dramatically on the way home, but again was too tired to do much.
july12.jpg

July 13th Day 163
Still no energy, took a few quick snaps of spiderwebs in the garden.
july13.jpg

July 14, Day 164
Had slightly more energy today and my daughter offered to pose for a few photographs in a nearby field. It started pouring down on arrival so we ducked under some trees, then hid under yet more trees by a river. I quite like this one taken sitting by the river on a log.
july14.jpg

July 15, Day 165
A tiny bit more energy again, fingers crossed this is the start of feeling better again. Went out to see the latest Harry Potter film, but grabbed a handful of shots using a studio light before we went out.
15july.jpg

lovely shots angi, another on its way?:)

July 16, Day 166
Playing around with portraits and photoshop
16july.jpg

July 17, Day 167

A silly self portrait
july17.jpg

July 18, Day 168
Late night in the rain along near Mumble pier in South Wales
18july.jpg

July 19, Day 169
A stormy evening at Bracelet bay, South Wales
july19.jpg

July 20, Day 170
More stormy weather near Mumbles and Bracelet bay
20july.jpg

July 21, Day 171
No effort at all put into this Im afraid, just a quick grab shot to fill the space, very naughty indeed! A Goldfinch in my garden, wish I had a longer lens for birds.
july21.jpg

July 22, Day 172
Yet again a quick grab shot, not very good I know.
july22.jpg

July 23, Day 173
Inspired by a friend who took a self portrait without any make up. Heres me warts n all, jazzed up with some texture for the background.
july23.jpg

I haven't been here for a while, but WOW! look what I've missed! Can't really pick a favourite, they're all good, but I especially like.....er.....um.......... all of them!

Last edited:
Well its time for my weekly update, as im very naughty and dont update this every day, just too much to do lately.

July 24. Day 174
I thought it had been a while since I had photographed my frogs
This one was taken in the garden, straight out the camera, just cropped and resized.
july24.jpg

July 25, Day 175
I went into town with my daughter as part of a girlie day where we treated ourselves to all sorts. She had her ears pierced and a mini makeover in Boots.
july25.jpg

July 26, Day 176
Exhausted from yesterdays travels, didnt take any new pics today, but my rules state I can post any pic taken within 24 hours of each date (deliberate rule as I have ME and have bad days like today), so here's another taken yesterday.
IMG_6909s.jpg

July 27, Day 177
This is the first of two weeks where my partner puts on free venomous snake handling demonstrations/shows/talks as part of the Noah's ark Zoo Farm reptile week. So I go along most days and take photos :D
This is one of the fields with Noah's arks lands that i thought was quite nice.
july27.jpg

July 28, Day 178
Today we got to go in and meet the Tapir family, how lucky are we? This is one of our shop staff, the lovely Jade, enjoying a cuddle with the baby Tapir.
july28.jpg

July 29, Day 179
I was very lucky as I was allowed to go in and photograph the baby ostriches too.
july29.jpg

July 30, day 180
Today my partner took me to see the alligators (dont worry he is fully trained)
This is my favourite of the alligator pics
july30.jpg

July 31, Day 181
Today we went in with the alligators again and the lemurs and the coatis. Super lucky eh!
Here's one of my favourites of the day.
july31.jpg

August 1, Day 182
No pics taken today, Ive been completely exhausted from this weeks adventures, so here is another taken yesterday. This week saw my first attempts at photographing birds of prey in flight. This is an eagle owl.
august1.jpg

Back