Daily Another 365

Name
Nattelie
Edit My Images
Yes
My rule is that I need 7 shots per week, by a Sunday. I started yesterday. This is yesterday's shot.

10796825916_59084602f4.jpg

I've become lazy the last few months and feel that I need to get back on track...

Thank you.

I've tried to do a couple of 365's before, but never managed to complete them. The one that I did keep up most with though, was when I feel that my photography improved and I was most on the ball. I'm hoping that because I'm not as strict with the rules, I'll manage to complete this one. lol

Anyway, today's shot...

10806781884_932f7349e2_o.jpg

Hi Nat' ... good luck with your 365. not jinxing you but you'll need it if 3 out of 5 shots you're not happy with...in your first week.

The wooden blocks in wire, have you tried a shallow depth of field, to blurring those blocks and creating a more interesting feel to the shot. DId you try to include more of the wire, along with the DOF? As for the tree... that boggled my eyes.. i like it.. not an interesting photo BUT it does make me look INTO the photo.. and i like that if i have to study and take more than even a second look.

Good effort for getting a selfie in so soon... these other light weights were always hesitant of doing them (i'm kidding guys and girls...but you know i never shyed from the SP :LOL:)

good luck with your 365 Challenge, i love the mini mouse image really cute may just be the child in me lol. I am considering doing the 365 challenge but i don't know if i am brave enough to do it, If i did do it is it one i can start anytime?

Thanks Frank.

Yes, I think you're right lol, I'm feeling a bit bland and dull about my pics at the moment, I'm hoping that like last time, after about a month or so, I'll be starting to get happier and more confident in my shots again.

I hadn't thought of how DOF could make the blocks on wire look better. Think I'll experiment with that later. (y)

Thanks Mandy. Oh, take the plunge man, it's all good. ;) At first it can be a bit of a chore if you're busy or not in the mood as much, but it becomes part of normal life after a while, I think. Most TPers start their 365 on 1st January or after an event (like a birthday, a birth, a marriage or anniversary etc) but you can start them any time. Mine was just cause I decided I needed to shoot more. ;)

Nice to see another person stepping forward to take on the 365 challenge - I think the only one of your shots so far thats not grabbed me is the christmas tree in the shopping centre shot - apart from that I really like the others - really nice use of colours and lighting across them all (y)

Noticed you're also a fellow Northerner - im just across the A1 in Billingham :D

Thanks Frank.

Yes, I think you're right lol, I'm feeling a bit bland and dull about my pics at the moment, I'm hoping that like last time, after about a month or so, I'll be starting to get happier and more confident in my shots again.

I hadn't thought of how DOF could make the blocks on wire look better. Think I'll experiment with that later. (y)

Thanks Mandy. Oh, take the plunge man, it's all good. ;) At first it can be a bit of a chore if you're busy or not in the mood as much, but it becomes part of normal life after a while, I think. Most TPers start their 365 on 1st January or after an event (like a birthday, a birth, a marriage or anniversary etc) but you can start them any time. Mine was just cause I decided I needed to shoot more. ;)

Thanks for sharing the info I think I will have a go at it will spend some time today getting some inspiration and ideas. I guess it will also give me a chance to work on my pp skills as well.

Thanks guys. (y)

A miniature for the campaign that Templars Crusade01 is hosting.
10911492375_340858378c_o.jpg

I've removed all shadows etc, wanting to do the conversion shot to focus on the mini, like a product photography shot. I didn't do a monochrome conversion because I wanted to show the green stuff sculpting (the "clay" is called "green stuff") against the random mis-matched model pieces, creating a new model. I'm hoping to show similar miniatures along their individual working progresses.For more information on the campaign, visit http://www.youtube.com/user/TemplarsCrusade01/videos

10928445816_9327b3a73e_o.jpg

Not a particularly pretty sunset, just a typical semi-rural scene. I anticipate a few more shots at the same location. I think my biggest failing there was being afraid to get physically closer, so that the fence wasn't in shot - not so much of an issue for this shot, but the rest of the set were poor because of it. Not too disappointed but in a foul mood today anyway, so not elated by it, but reasonably happyish with it.

I've been playing the PP game and I've processed this shot differently to how I would have processed it previously (usually it would have been levels, curves, etc and that'd be about it, the basic of the basic). I've replicated the first part of this tutorial http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/the-pp-game.347318/page-95#post-5948318

Nicely processed Nattelie - thats Durham Cathedral isn't it? :)
Thank you. It certainly is, Marcus. I went there today (obviously, lol) and my aim was to attempt to get a half decent shot that my Dad would like, to get printed and framed for Christmas. It's a Dad thing I suppose, he likes my landscape shots :LOL: so since he already has a few of Newcastle, I figured this year I'd try to get a nice Durham shot for him. ;) I like that image but not as much as this one. This is probably the one I'll be getting printed for him. (Incidentally, my "later post" as promised)

10949952665_888de4f4bb_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. It has an awful colour cast on it though, I couldn't get the white balance right at all. :( Nevermind.

Here's today's. My darling kitty...she's as noisy as the pic to be fair! It's awfully noisy and if I'm honest, that's why I'm rapidly hating my sony, far too noisy at high iso

11056747976_c765825ef2_o.jpg

I use a 390 and a 350. I'm desperate to switch to nikon though, because of noise in low light/high iso being better than sony but also for the red tint that they're notorious for. The 390 deals with higher iso better than the 350 though.

Busy day today, but I realised that I'd only taken pics of little lady today and I don't like the idea of too much family life being documented online - it's personal, you know? So, another pic of better halves cat, tonight.

11072817794_070a0e0a7f_o.jpg

I use a 390 and a 350. I'm desperate to switch to nikon though, because of noise in low light/high iso being better than sony but also for the red tint that they're notorious for. The 390 deals with higher iso better than the 350 though.

Busy day today, but I realised that I'd only taken pics of little lady today and I don't like the idea of too much family life being documented online - it's personal, you know? So, another pic of better halves cat, tonight.

11072817794_070a0e0a7f_o.jpg

I was going to go the Nikon route but i found them to be to expensive for me at the time when i had a small bank balance to play with, So i ended up going down the canon route or more than likely ending up with no camera at all. And yes it's not good to have to much personal life documented online.......... one never knows exactly who could be looking.

Back to the image lovely cat.

I was going to go the Nikon route but i found them to be to expensive for me at the time when i had a small bank balance to play with, So i ended up going down the canon route or more than likely ending up with no camera at all. And yes it's not good to have to much personal life documented online.......... one never knows exactly who could be looking.

Back to the image lovely cat.
That's the exact same reason that I went with Sony at the time. Thanks. I'm not sure what I don't like about it, tbh, but something is a bit...off....any thoughts?

That's the exact same reason that I went with Sony at the time. Thanks. I'm not sure what I don't like about it, tbh, but something is a bit...off....any thoughts?

Well i am not to sure i cant tell if the yellow background is a little off, the image is a bit noisy in the background did you use flash fire as it looks as if a flash has gone off in the cats eyes.

Back