Another camera shop closes... WestEndCameras

Edit My Images
No
Those of you in London may be saddened to hear that WestEnd Cameras at the "top" of Tottenham Court Rd is closing this week. Been there for 25 years. They've focused on film (did 120 dev!) in recent years selling darkroom chems and films, alongside used film cameras. But the rent just goes up.
They've always been fantastic in there - honest, well priced, friendly and always an interesting chat.
I used to beg old 35mm canisters off them to use to make "rockets" in school science events much I think to their amusement - not to mention collecting lenses from disposable cameras (don't ask).

Sad to see them go but they will continue online / ebay.
Will be missed.
Dewi

---------------------
dewilewis.co.uk

That’s sad to hear but good to know they will still be selling online.
Rising rents and overheads are sadly killing off to many busineses these days hence shop units becoming either charity shops or just shuttered up.

That’s sad to hear but good to know they will still be selling online.
Rising rents and overheads are sadly killing off to many busineses these days hence shop units becoming either charity shops or just shuttered up.

Not to mention Amazon and grey imports ;-)

Weird coincidence, I just bought some film off them on eBay today. I suppose technically it was yesterday as I'm writing this at 2:18 AM.

Sad news indeed :(

Aww man, this is sad :( I've never bought from them but they're names on my list of camera shops that I go through whenever I'm after something specific.

Shame. Used to work in Maple House just next to them (20 years ago now :eek:) and often had a wander in at lunchtime. I bought my Olympus mju-ii brand new from them in about 1998. It's still going strong.

It is a shame but understandable how tough the high street business must be these days.

Back